• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEED LARGE RIFLE PRIMERS ASAP

Boot_Ass_Cpl

Private
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2019
Hubert, NC
Hey guys,

I have a competition that I'm flying to in Utah Labor Day weekend with an non-profit called Torn Warriors. I've been looking everywhere online and locally, and besides sketchy websites, I can't find large rifle primers anywhere. Particularly, I'm looking for CCI #200 or #250, preferably the #250, but beggars can't be choosers. If you guys have a lead on where I might be able to find some, please let me know. I need a minimum of 400, but a 1,000 count brick would work. I need 200 for the match and I sill need to do load dev., so the more the better. Honestly, I would settle for other than CCI primers, I'm kind of desperate. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help ahead of time. I really appreciate it.

Hey guys,

I have a competition that I'm flying to in Utah Labor Day weekend with an non-profit called Torn Warriors. I've been looking everywhere online and locally, and besides sketchy websites, I can't find large rifle primers anywhere. Particularly, I'm looking for CCI #200 or #250, preferably the #250, but beggars can't be choosers. If you guys have a lead on where I might be able to find some, please let me know. I need a minimum of 400, but a 1,000 count brick would work. I need 200 for the match and I sill need to do load dev., so the more the better. Honestly, I would settle for other than CCI primers, I'm kind of desperate. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have bought ammunition from Target Sports for years and been satisfied with their service.

Reactions: lostnwilderness
It is still showing 5 in stock for me. In fact, I have refreshed the page several times in the past 30 mins to satisfy my curiosity about how fast they would sell. The number of in stock units has bounced back up twice in that time. It would appear to me that their system is constantly re-upping the available stock at a relatively low number to in order to maintain a sense of urgency to purchase... A tactic that in my mind is completely unnecessary in the current market haha! Doesn't matter to me as I will buy wherever I can these days. It just throws a big ? up in my brain.

Reactions: JLP83
It is still showing 5 in stock for me. In fact, I have refreshed the page several times in the past 30 mins to satisfy my curiosity about how fast they would sell. The number of in stock units has bounced back up twice in that time. It would appear to me that their system is constantly re-upping the available stock at a relatively low number to in order to maintain a sense of urgency to purchase... A tactic that in my mind is completely unnecessary in the current market haha! Doesn't matter to me as I will buy wherever I can these days. It just throws a big ? up in my brain.
That's odd.
1691436948918.png

Just kidding... It's showing out of stock for me now too. I wonder it the jumps back up that I was seeing are from the system taking it out of stock if someone starts the checkout process to hold it for them. If the purchase is not completed then it probably goes back in the active inventory. Some sites do that. Either that or I am completely insane. No one has ever been able to officially rule that out for me... Haha!

So am I going crazy or not? I need an adult...
I think they let people add to cart and hold in reserve for some period of time. Then it goes back in to inventory. They must be about out though since it's switching between a few to nothing.

That’s a real thing. I follow a certain online ammo dealer’s inventory. For example Hornady 6cm 108 eldm ammo. They show 2 cases in stock so I buy both. Check back a couple hours later and they magically have 10 cases in stock.

Hey guys,

Have you been able to get your hands on any?

Have you been able to get your hands on any?
I haven't been able to order any yet. I have a friend that is hopefully bringing me some this weekend, and he said he has 600 for me. Hopefully he comes through because I only have 3 weeks to the match, and I haven't done load dev yet. We shall see. I'm also having a real hard time with paying $50-75 for hazmat shipping lol

I'll update after he gets down here from out of state. Thanks for all the help guys!

Who signs up for a match with no components
Me apparently... Been super busy the last few months and didn't anticipate the massive shortage of primers. If they were available like they use to be, I wouldn't be having issues and could have been shooting a few weeks ago.. but here we are, with me unprepared and not wanting to buy factory ammo..

Good people to deal with
I have purchased from them before

I’ve seen large rifle primers locally and they are running 90.00 for Winchester and 130.00 for federal GMM they are out there you just need to look

I’ve seen large rifle primers locally and they are running 90.00 for Winchester and 130.00 for federal GMM they are out there you just need to look
Maybe where you are at. I have a store here that I know the owners. They say they have not gotten any in a year If I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Our local stores have completely restocked with ammo since the shortage, and every kind of primer imaginable, except large rifle. Makes me wonder why there are still so short.

I cant believe I didn't think of Gunbroker!

The prices there have come down significantly since the highs where they were going for north of $300 for a 1k brick, While all primers are still in the egregious range, at least the scalpers on GB aren't charging 3x retail anymore.

Reactions: TSULLI
Our local stores have completely restocked with ammo since the shortage, and every kind of primer imaginable, except large rifle. Makes me wonder why there are still so short.
Maybe to make ammunition for the Ukraine? I don’t know that it’s just a guess

Reactions: TSULLI
You didn't mention the cartridge you are loading for. I have starting using small rifle primer cases for my 308 and 6mmCM, since I couldn't get any Large Rifle.

Take a break trolls, labor day is long gone .

Sorry folks, all the primers have gone to Israel.
IMG_0120.jpeg