• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors need to buy a suppressor before i get married!

hunter223

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2007
Odessa Tx
Aight boys, I was visiting my fam here on the Tx coast and stopped into miles gun shop as I usually do once a year. While inquiring about their products the gentleman asked me wanna shoot it? That should answer any questionable about it. Anyway they are the mfgs of Jet suppresors. The demo rifle was an awesome ar-10 configuration with one of their titanium suppressors on the muzzle with an s&b 4-16 pmii for optics. Well, I was very impressed with the sound reduction as ice never shot with a suppressor before. My question is, is it necessary to spend over 1k for a suppressor for my needs. All I'm wanting is a good reduction in muzzle blast and recoil reduction. I'm running a 6.5 creedmoor threaded and ready to go for a suppressor now all i need is to find out which 1 will put on there and how much money i wanna spend to get what i want any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: need to buy a suppressor before i get married!

You can spend a lot less and get a great can. Look at YHM or Thunderbeast Arms. All in the $700 range.

Jet has one of the worst reputations in the silencer business for getting product to the customer.

If you need the light weight of titanium, Look to the Gemtech Sandstorm, or one of the Shark or Quicksilver unit. These are direct thread on silencer.

If you are looking for a silencer to mount onto multiple weapons

I would suggest an AAC 7.62SD QD or if budgets needs are less then the YHM Phantom QD 7.62.

Either of those silencers will also mount up to an AR or M16 pattern weapon for multiple gun use.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can spend a lot less and get a great can. Look at YHM or Thunderbeast Arms. All in the $700 range. </div></div> I looked at thunderbeast and their 30 cal can ran like $1050 I need to be able to put this can on my 6.5 Creedmoor

30 Cal can under 1k? I would probably go with a Cyclone or a Cyclone K.

I am pretty sure that a 6.5mm bullet will pass through a 7.62 silencer with no problems.

The AAC Cyclone is not more than $875 is smoking quiet and sturdy, but compared to a a titanium silencer it is about 2 dixie cups of water heavier. So that much weight savings will let you carry maybe 3 rnds more ammo in your bugout bag.

a suppressor does answer your questions on reduction of recoil and blast and now it seems that you are looking for the best deal. I think you have answered your own question. AAC Gemtech, and Shark all have good customer service and I have personally used Gemtech and AAC on occasions and they have always been very helpful. I would spend some time on Silencer Talk and get some insight on suppressors that others have listed.

Check out SAS cans, Ti 30 cal. can for $795.

Second the notion stated above about Jet's terrible cusotmer service! I have had a .338 can on order for over a year. That's fine, but I expect an answer or a lame excuse, but nothing?

As a recommendation, I would give a nod to AWS. I have an old school Thundertrap. Heavy, but it didn't change my zero. You have to have tight tolerances and quality control for that. With the Thundertrap, I am 1/4" off my zero at 400 yards. Handy... They nail you for upgrading to Ti though. That's what brought me to Mike's Gun Sales and the Jet. Wish I hadn't...

head screwed on wrong... AWC...not AWS. Sorry. Didn't want you guys thinking I was a dummy...

I shoot a AAC 7.62 SD. I LOVE IT!!

However, there are times I wish I would have listened to the Cyclone since it "tests better".

AAC makes top quality gear for a great price avalible at M3.

Cyclone if you're not too concerned with weight otherwise go with a Thunderbeast can.

I love my YHM 308 Phantom with the QD's I use it for .308 and .223 and its about $650-700 and works great on both. But realy if you get married will you not be allowed to buy toys? If not then don't do it. Run!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dudeman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But realy if you get married will you not be allowed to buy toys? If not then don't do it. Run! </div></div>

Got a point there.

Our 30P-1 will do well with anything 30 cal or smaller. I shoot mine on a 260 and 7 WSM most of the time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GRIM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dudeman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But realy if you get married will you not be allowed to buy toys? If not then don't do it. Run! </div></div>

Got a point there. </div></div>

Lol allowed? yes but Im not sure if finances will allow right off. Its really more of an excuse to buy one actually lol.

swr omega 30 is what i have, belive it was around 7-800ish back in 05 when I got it, yhm is nice and I have a few of their cans. Both have damn good customer service. I had to send my swr 9mm can back because of a messup on my part, it was fixed with no charge.

Well if they are allowed and this is just self justification, then I like your logic!

I am married, and I will say this. I cant buy hardly any toys anymore because of my wife!!!!

Problem is, I have to buy two of them!!!! If I get one, then her ass wants one too, and she wont let me share!!!! Case in point, I sent my rifle off to Kevin Rayhill to get redone, and she made me send HER rifle off to get some work done on it. She really messed up my budget for the build.... Ok, I will quit ranting now, and honestly, I dont mind. I know I am a lucky guy to have a wife that enjoys shooting with me, but I am serious about the toys, she has to have one as well. Beleive it or not, she does want a can on my 300, mainly cause of the noise reduction.

555 the big problem of teaching your gf to shooting.

Ya, it is double or nothing for me, but Damn is it worth it!!! Not many guys can say that their wife enjoys hunting, fishing, and shooting with them.

I love my SAS 30 cal cans, I run them on a .223 and 6BR

OP,

You better buy everything you want before you get married. I know you're thinking 2 incomes, 1 house, blah, blah, blah. That shit goes out the window as soon as the ring hits her finger. You will soon see the only thing that can match the spending capacity of a wife is the government.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GRIM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dudeman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But realy if you get married will you not be allowed to buy toys? If not then don't do it. Run! </div></div>

Got a point there. </div></div>

Lol allowed? yes but Im not sure if finances will allow right off. Its really more of an excuse to buy one actually lol.</div></div>

Hey bro I will have my YHM can sometime next week, if you are interested in just looking it over.

-Nathan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bsp212</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OP,

You better buy everything you want before you get married. I know you're thinking 2 incomes, 1 house, blah, blah, blah. That shit goes out the window as soon as the ring hits her finger. You will soon see the only thing that can match the spending capacity of a wife is the government. </div></div>

If you feel like you have to do something before you get married, you better just skip getting married altogether and go do whatever you want to! bsp212 is right on, everything(good) comes to a halt once you get hitched(like blowjobs). Just ask the married guys, being married is bullshit. Your old lady will do shit with YOUR money that no reasonable person would EVER do with another persons cash.

Off topic,

Hunter, did you any fire fighting around that area prior? With Ing, or AP, or Rockport or any other FD? I know jet suppressor is near AP. Just curious if so, we have probably met before lol.

I didn't read all the info you guys posted or have an educated reply for the OP, but I have to say I LOL'd at the title of this thread!

Just remember a wife is like a new gun...sooner or later you are going to want to shoot them both!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: madscubafool</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Off topic,

Hunter, did you any fire fighting around that area prior? With Ing, or AP, or Rockport or any other FD? I know jet suppressor is near AP. Just curious if so, we have probably met before lol. </div></div>

Nah, My folks have a house down in Rockport the fiance and I were just on vacation. Bunker drills in 100 degrees and 99% humidity, I think not lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David Hineline</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jet has one of the worst reputations in the silencer business for getting product to the customer.
If you need the light weight of titanium, Look to the Gemtech Sandstorm, or one of the Shark or Quicksilver unit. These are direct thread on silencer.
If you are looking for a silencer to mount onto multiple weapons I would suggest an AAC 7.62SD QD or if budgets needs are less then the YHM Phantom QD 7.62. Either of those silencers will also mount up to an AR or M16 pattern weapon for multiple gun use. </div></div>

This is great advice, David's really in the know when it comes to this stuff. I'd go AAC 7.62SD QD again, but I got a GREAT deal on my YHM Phantom QD 7.62 SS so I cant complain.

Stick w/QD, it will make your life so much easier.. trust me.
I'm in the market for a SF .338 so I can have a brake on my FN whenever I'm not shooting it.

I also have an AWC ThunderTrap, still a fantastic piece but it is heavy and I dont like threaded cans anymore.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bsp212</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OP,

You better buy everything you want before you get married. I know you're thinking 2 incomes, 1 house, blah, blah, blah. That shit goes out the window as soon as the ring hits her finger. You will soon see the only thing that can match the spending capacity of a wife is the government. </div></div>

What I did w/my wife, was basically open the gun/guitar vault [read closet] when we were engaged, and said to her... and I qoute:
"Honey, I love you and will do anything for us. But I want you to listen to what I have to say here.
From time to time, i will buy/sell/trade guns for guitars, guitars for guitars, guitar pars for gun parts, etc etc etc. And that is money I will not put into our checking account. I will have a separate account for this. I encourage you do to the same, for your hobbies and support you fully."

I also made the point that I would not do anything against ATF regs, and it set really well with her.

My friends see the stuff I have accumulated over the 10 years we have been together and say "man, i wish my wife was that cool!" but they really just need ed to lay down the framework for this before they got married.

Also, another great tip... and trust me here, I cashed in on this tonight... is to work out an arrangement where she can, at any time, no matter what, get a foot massage from you. This also applies to you when you want a hummer.

You would be surprised how well little arrangements like this can work for a marriage. And dont laugh, women LOVE having their feet rubbed probably as much as you like, well.. you know.

Peace.

I run a .30 caliber M14-DC SEI/Fisher suppressor on my M14s and lone 7.62 AKM.
The can is built like a tank, fits the DC Vortex from SEI and it's user rebuildable.

I love it.

Do not buy a Jet unless you like not having any phone calls returned or emails responded to. I can't stress this enough. Do not buy a Jet.

SWR Omega is GTG.
I use it on my 6.5X47L. Works about as well as with the .308.
Even switching from rifle to rifle a threaded suppressor is fine. The QD is what I have for my AR guns. It is OK, but in retrospect I really got it for the flash hider because they were both post ban.