• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Neighbor issues. Need help with CCTV

JCH

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Long story short. I have two punk ass neighbor kids that I need to catch on video. They throw trash and cigarettes and lit fireworks in my yard and I need it on film. Today they broke a 1x1 4ft board over my mailbox while I was in the garage working. The police say it's my word against theirs so I need a recommendation on a good CCTV type system that I can install.

I'd like one that starts recording with motion and stores the footage on a dedicated CPU.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Re: Neighbor issues. Need help with CCTV

I can't think of the name of it off hand, but there's a trail camera that takes an image ever 5-10 seconds throughout the day and compiles them into a video.

Called Plot watcher or something similar to that?

Here it is
http://www.plot-watcher.com/

Go to Costco online. They have systems from $300 and up that have motion sensor and dedicated DVR's. You'll be golden.

Why not just tally up the total cost and take their parents to civil court. Civil court has a lower burden of proof. "Preponderance of the evidence" which by the way you make it sound should be easy enough to prove but you'll be out the filing fees whihc might be more than your damages. It might be enough to scare a 'punk-ass' kids. Either way it sounds like they already know you've got it in for them and you're being targeted for some reason. (???)

Just a thought and a lot cheaper than rigging up a CCTV.

A 'spy' or home alarm company is your best bet for that stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why not just tally up the total cost and take their parents to civil court. Civil court has a lower burden of proof. "Preponderance of the evidence" which by the way you make it sound should be easy enough to prove but you'll be out the filing fees whihc might be more than your damages. It might be enough to scare a 'punk-ass' kids. Either way it sounds like they already know you've got it in for them and you're being targeted for some reason. (???)

A 'spy' or home alarm company is your best bet for that stuff.</div></div>

I still have no way to prove anything other than my word. Civil court is the next move after I have evidence in hand that can't be refuted. Besides, $300-$500 isn't that bad for a system.

Send me a PM and I can tell you how to get set up for a couple of $100 bucks.

I bought a nightowl 4 camera motion sensing IR system off of newegg for around $400. Good system. Comes with a stand alone DVR, can look at it on my phone or computer, and records up to a few weeks. Pretty damn good at night too with the 15 IR led's on the camera. Small size too. I suggest something simple and ship ready like that. good little systems. If you want pictures of what they look like in day or night, let me know and I'll put up a thumbnail or something.

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why not just tally up the total cost and take their parents to civil court. Civil court has a lower burden of proof. "Preponderance of the evidence" which by the way you make it sound should be easy enough to prove but you'll be out the filing fees whihc might be more than your damages. It might be enough to scare a 'punk-ass' kids. Either way it sounds like they already know you've got it in for them and you're being targeted for some reason. (???)

A 'spy' or home alarm company is your best bet for that stuff.</div></div>

I still have no way to prove anything other than my word. Civil court is the next move after I have evidence in hand that can't be refuted. Besides, $300-$500 isn't that bad for a system. </div></div>

I was thinking that some police reports might have had details as to the police contacts with the kids. If you don't have that I think you're right, you've gotta get something on them. My biggest fear for you is retribution.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I was thinking that some police reports might have had details as to the police contacts with the kids. If you don't have that I think you're right, you've gotta get something on them. My biggest fear for you is retribution. </div></div>

Only police report was from them popping blackcats at my side fence and waking up my 2 month old. I didn't call the police when they threw lit cigarettes in my dormant grass, or when he broke a stick across my mailbox in front of me.

I really like the game camera idea, IR for sure, after you get your proof, let them keep pushing the limits, a couple different events will add up to there criminal punishment, then get a restraining order against them, if they violate that beat there asses, and finally let them have it in civil court, you pay taxes get some of what your paying for.

If they are under 18 do what I did....

Pay a couple of other under 18 year old thugs to beat the piss out of them. LOL. It was too funny.

It worked for me. (seriously)

check out asianwolf.com I have a 4 camera system that records to its own dvr that I got from them and it works great. I set it up to record on motion and you can mask the sensor so I dont record every car that drives by.

I also set it up with my slingbox so I can see a quad split from my phone any time I want.

just found the link
http://www.asianwolf.com/cctv-packages-4812wl4.html

I got a 4 camera system from sams club about 5 years ago. It is a stand alone dvr that can be put on the internet if wanted. You can also program it for motion and using a grid on the screen turn off the motion sensing in certain spots for dogs, ect..
They are good to have just because. One of my cameras just died last month. The new systems are so cheap I may just upgrade the whole system and add a few more cameras.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If they are under 18 do what I did....

Pay a couple of other under 18 year old thugs to beat the piss out of them. LOL. It was too funny.

It worked for me. (seriously)</div></div>

I don't know any kids that young. The oldest is 18 and if he wanders over he may more than he bargained for.

I think I am going to install it myself. I found a decent one for $319 with 4 IR cameras that you can set up for motion.

A bunch of motion activated trail cams would work. A simple skee mask and baseball bat to the legs works better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A bunch of motion activated trail cams would work. A simple skee mask and baseball bat to the legs works better. </div></div>

but the 20 year prison sentence afterwords might not quite be worth it.

I realize this site attracts mainly long range shooters... but surely you can still make a shot from 50 yards up in a tree
grin.gif

haha of course im joking. My house out in lubbock got burglarized when i was in dallas for fall break. Apparently some punk kids wanted my XBOX and laptops more than i did. Goodluck with those kids, hope it all works out.

Like we used to do in Alabama to keep the crows out of the corn.
Shoot one and hang it on the fence to scare the others away.

Make sure you put some bait out in your yard when you get your system set up. Maybe a 1x1 or some rocks. If they are as juvenile as you make them seem they will not be able to resist. Works every time
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yeticowboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about a pack of Dobermans?</div></div>

Would prefer something I don't have to feed and whose poop I don't have to pick up. But thanks
smile.gif

Gonna do the tigerdirect cameras and after a month or so after having a bunch of footage, I'm going to civil court. The parents are divorced (read: kids have another place to live) so hopefully I can get a restraining order or some kind of judgment against them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A bunch of motion activated trail cams would work. A simple skee mask and baseball bat to the legs works better. </div></div>

but the 20 year prison sentence afterwords might not quite be worth it. </div></div>

Gotta have proof........

Seriously man, hope you catch those little motherfuckers. I had some issues with neighborhood kids. I think one tried to use a screwdriver to get in my house. One night I hear a noise outside in the summer when I was watching TV. Went out the back of the house with my 870 12ga and turned the corner, two were standing right by my house and didn't notice me. I racked the slide and chambered one and they both said they were "walking home". Never had a problem since.