• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

new 17

caleb7mm

Nobody
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2010
atlanta, GA
after having good luck with a couple 917's I decided on a new XT17. heavy 22" barrel with wood stock. I got the trigger down around 3+ pounds. threw an old bushy 3-9X40 I had laying around on it.
looking for a different stock now.
thinking about ordering a 20MOA base and the simmons ProTarget 3-12x40 with the .17 HMR TruPlex Reticle.

cant afford another NF so the cheap glass will have to do.

range report tomorrow

xt17resize.jpg

Re: new 17

I have that exact same rifle, i love it. You'll be glad to see that its a tack driver. Mine loves 20 grain xtp hornady. You just have to try out different loads. glad to see another one
smile.gif

How good are these in .22 compared to a savage? Or can anyone compare the accuracy of a savage 17 to a marlin xt-17?
How is bolt lift and action smoothness? Weight/balance? Triggers?

i have a savage 93r17 with a boyds ss evo on it topped with a bsa sweet 17. i LOVE it. tac driver. the scope is on from 300 to 100 would recomend scope to anyone. the stock is very comfy. i hate to say this but im trying to get rid of it for 425 if anyone is interested. its on armslist. check it out pics there if u just wanna veiw those. http://www.armslist.com/posts/452907/maine-rifles-for-sale-trade--savage-93r17-with-scope-and-stock
you should try a sweet 17 scope. there around 180. i got mine on a hhuge sale for 50.

oh. btw it has an accu trigger makes a big difference shoot shooting clays at 300 yards in my sand pit. very nice rifle. also the pic of the target is 1.25 inch group on a windy day. 17 is greatly affected by wind and that was the best i could do on the particular day