• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 2024 MPVO Options

An “LPVO” in a thread about MPVO?
😀

View attachment 8369947
There is no clear set industry definition of LPVO or MPVO. The majority of the shooting community sees LPVO starting at 1x or very close to it. MPVO was coined to meet a particular need that was more than LPVO but not quite mid-range either. ZCO can call their 2-10x30 an LPVO but most will see 2x at the bottom and not categorize this way, it fills the niche of an MPVO moreso than LPVO. I expect the ZCO 2-10x30 to do extremely well optically and we’ll likely see many use cases of 2-10x30 with an offeset RDS which is essentially what many seeking MPVO are looking for. Thankfully ZCO decided to use LPVO style reticles which is what we’ve been asking for in the FFP scopes that fit the MPVO category. A FFP reticle that is useful at the bottom mag of an MPVO may negate the need for offset RDS while still providing good close quarters performance along with excellent distance performance, either way it is the users choice but the idea behind the MPVO is that we don’t have to compromise at the top end of the mag range like so many LPVO’s do.

That ZCO "Predator" reticule center thing looks like a vagina symbol.

One of my ARs has a really old leupold mk4 tactical (2006???) that I'd like to replace with the 4hd 2.5-10 but nobody has them in stock. Or maybe that credo 2-10.

I understand why they’d stick with a 5x erector ratio for optical quality but man in 2024 I wish ZCO had gone more like 2-12 or 2-14. My aging eyes appreciate a little extra top-end mag when I’m shooting for groups or at longer distances.

Reactions: BCP and steve123
Anyone use GPO Spectra 6x MPVO?
I did a buy and return with cameraland on the gpo 2-12 in mil. I couldn’t get any info on the subtensions of the reticle. I also inquire on where they are made and was given an answer of “they outsource the assembly to Japan.” When I tried to verify it was actually manufactured in Japan, I got an extremely long winded response to say that it’s hard to pinpoint a country of origin for production due to the global market works.

Seems pretty simple to answer yes or no. Such as, yes it’s assembled in the LOW factory, or it’s assembled in China with globally sourced parts. Too sketch for me so I sent it back. Very disappointed as the glass was very nice, but the reticle was unusable as no subtensions are provided.

So I can go from a Razor 1-10x24mm in a 34mm tube at 21oz to a ZCO 2-10x30 in a 36mm tube for 27oz? ZCO did a good job of making the March 1.5-15x42mm at 24oz seem like the way to go for me. Maybe I expected too much from ZCO based on the MPVO thread. They made a 50mm objective 1.7-12x at 29oz for the EU, but the US drops 20mm of objective glass and 2.3x for 2.5oz of savings.

Last edited:
I currently run the Vortex Razor HD Gen III 1-10x on my Scar 17s, and I absolutely love it!

Reactions: VargmatII
One thing that is annoying whenever this topic is being discussed, is people having dogmatic beliefs of how the ideal MPVO "should" be. Its annoying because MPVO is a broad term and there are different use cases for scopes in this category. These different use cases dictate different balances of features, which are sometimes mutually exclusive.

For me, I like MPVOs because I am running an offset dot, and find a 1x scope to be redundant. Id rather take the $ and engineering needed to make a good 1x and put that towards a better high end. I leave the scope on its lowest setting which enables me switch between 1x and 2.5x in a fraction of a second, enabling precision in scenarios where you would have only a 1x if using an LPVO, without taking my hands off the gun to adjust anything. This also gives a great setup for passive aiming.
For that use case I need a bold center reticle to quickly engage targets at the low end as close as possible. I don't want to have to rely on scope illumination with its short battery life, so the reticle itself being bold is essential.
On the high end I want markedly better performance than I could get from an LPVO. A mil-tree is pretty much a necessity. I feel adjustable parallax helps to a great deal here. Its not so much about removing parallax error as it is about focusing on the target, such as to resolve a camouflaged target from the background.

I like this setup so much that LPVOs no longer interest me. if I want to save weight/bulk, I would rather go all the way down to an RDS and QD magnifier.
Have you found any MPVOs that match the criteria mentioned in your post? I am like minded here.

I almost posted how I think the need for a legit MPVO is important because it would fit the role of a SHTF weapon perfectly. I decided it was too long, so I started a new topic. Hopefully the Steiner H6Xi 2-12x mil version proves me wrong, but I don’t think there’s an ideal scope on the market right now other than Chinese made Athlon and Swampfox 2-12x.

Have you found any MPVOs that match the criteria mentioned in your post? I am like minded here.
No I have not, and I've really been looking.

My opinion is still that the GlX 2.5-10 is the best option but has the downsides I explained above.

I think the March 1.5-15 could be the best on the market, but I'm too poor to find out :cry:. I think it would be a better option if they made it a 2-16.

The Steiner 2-12 looks great on paper except for the reticle. I'm highly confident it will not give me the speed I want at 2x.

The CHPWS "LPVO" could be interesting, except they seem like a sketchy company and they chose literally the worst possible name. It isn't out yet so no idea on final specs/reticle.

Reactions: FredHammer