• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW 22 Trainer for 2020 - Christensen Ranger

jb1000br

Jason@EuroOptic
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2001
On my Belly
1579805446580.png

Looks like another good one in the mix full size feel - 5lbs...Rem pattern trigger - tensioned carbon barrel, ruger 10/22 mags - due in the spring, taking preorders now

Looking forward to testing one out

CHRISTENSEN RANGER LINK - pics...specs...video

Last edited:
My understanding is that the receiver is aluminum, and has steel inserts on each end - the front , to thread the barrel into, and the rear for the bolt lugs to lock into.

Looks interesting. Looking forward to trying one.

This looks awesome! Very well equipped for the price. I may have to buy this and let my son have the Ruger Precision. Waiting to see how it shoots.

Sent Christensen a note about any testing they've done with various ammo, this is what they sent back "We have made a few for show purposes and testing but nothing in full production yet. This item will hit the shelf in May/ June." Sounds like they rushed to get a model out for SHOT but it may be a while before we see an conclusive results.

Reactions: nakoa01
I'm guessing 10/22 mags means right hand only?
Right hand for right now, but contact them and there might be some LH ones in the future.

I love that I can use all my existing 10/22 mags and not have to buy some proprietary mag from them, that is a big plus. I'm look at this as a trainer/plinker, not as a rifle for competition; however, if it shoots well who knows...

We have made a few for show purposes and testing but nothing in full production yet. This item will hit the shelf in May/ June." Sounds like they rushed to get a model out for SHOT but it may be a while before we see an conclusive results.

From my experience, this usually means one of two things:

1) On the shelf date takes longer bc testing reveals something that requires a change/tweak.

2) Version 1.0 is buggy, and version 2.0 [SHOT 2021] cleans up problems.

Hopefully its neither, but I'd rather wait and get a good product.

Wish it had a comb adjustment, a 20 MOA rail and a beefier bolt handle. Otherwise, it looks great. Can't wait to hear the reviews.

Saw a video elsewhere in which it was mentioned that 10 and 20MOA rails would be available. Adjustable comb is easy - send it to StockDoc. :)

1moa @50 guarantee is stated on their website. I wonder if the action is a 10/22 footprint?

Had a play with the demo at shot. The bolt bonded with the slightest side pressure. Hopefully resolved in production models.

I like it but I hope they put qd slots in the side of the foreend and stock on the production version.

Reactions: PFG
I would like a longer forend on the stock but that’s just my personal preference.

I was hoping to get one for review but the assignment was already taken. Not sure when the review will be out but it is an interesting option for sure and I'm looking forward to seeing how it shoots.

I had a guy comment on my B-14R article trying to make a valid comparison to the Ranger 22 and even called it his favorite 22, which is humorous considering the Ranger isn't out yet. Besides, it's an apples and hand grenades comparison because you're talking about one rifle that uses a steel Remington 700 footprint receiver in a fully adjustable composite stock and the other is mostly aluminum and carbon fiber to get the weight down.

Reactions: Glassaholic
Wow. Hope these turn out to be good shooters. I’d expect good quality from Christensen Arms.

If MSRP is ~$800, I’d expect street price after the initial surge to fall somewhere between $600-700? If so and these are reported to be good shooters and feed reliably, I’m pretty sure my plan to buy a Tikka T1x will change in favor of this...

EDIT: GunsAmerica YouTube video has the Christensen rep saying the price is $795 retail. Still interested, but odd the MSRP is so close to retail pricing.

Last edited:
View attachment 7232197
Looks like another good one in the mix full size feel - 5lbs...Rem pattern trigger - tensioned carbon barrel, ruger 10/22 mags - due in the spring, taking preorders now

Looking forward to testing one out

CHRISTENSEN RANGER LINK - pics...specs...video
Does anybody know if there is an option to use an MDT or an MPA chassis. I like the idea of using the good old 10/22 mags, but I don't know if there is some kind of a bottom metal kit on the market to make that possible. I'm guessing it would require a new chassis as the 10/22 mags are wider than AICS. Any thoughts?

Definitely keeping an eye on this. So many great 22s coming out. It use to be all about customizing a 10/22. Really want a bolt 22 but don’t want to pay Vudoo prices if I can help it.

So was told this week May or June with it being closer to June due to the Covid 19

Was that told from Christensen or a vendor? Ill have to call Sportsmans tomorrow and see whats up. They processed payment and its suppose to be in shipped to store right now. I would imagine if they weren't available yet they wouldn't offer them for sale, or at least show backorder etc.

Was that told from Christensen or a vendor? Ill have to call Sportsmans tomorrow and see whats up. They processed payment and its suppose to be in shipped to store right now. I would imagine if they weren't available yet they wouldn't offer them for sale, or at least show backorder etc.
Christsen Arms themselves acutally the rep said that.

Thats good to know. I appreciate the heads up. I'll follow up in a few hrs once I talk to Sportsmans Warehouse. Curious to see what they say being they show a delivery date and took my money. Gotta love that.

Update. Sportsmans is basically putting everyone on a waiting list. They're being told its going to be June possibly July before they hit stores. I'm getting a refund and grabbing a Tikka t1x to hold my bolt action 22 interest for the time being. Pretty sure ill end up getting one by end of the year assuming the reviews are good.

Reactions: crackerbrown
Per email from Christensen Arms.

"Thank you for emailing Christensen Arms. The Ranger 22 is scheduled to ship July 1. We have used ELEY tenex ammo. "

Tenex is what they are using for their sub-moa at 50 yards guarantee.

Any more photos or videos of this?

Would love to see how it changed from shotshow

E-mailed Christensen said they are now shipping as of last week.

New video on IG.

Still want a detailed video of action, bolt etc...

Detail vid of it stripped down, absolutely. I want to see if there's a one-piece bedding block in the stock.

Also if they'll offer a 30moa rail.

Detail vid of it stripped down, absolutely. I want to see if there's a one-piece bedding block in the stock.

Also if they'll offer a 30moa rail.

This guy has a little bit of the bolt and stuff - about 18 minutes into the review

Has anyone taken delivery of a Ranger 22 yet? Curious if they're worth the hype.
I should have one coming in this week. I'll be in the Smoky Mountains over the weekend so I won't get to shoot it until next week. I'm no rimfire or bolt action expert but I can try to give some kind of opinion.

I haven't seen a ton of reviews so far, there was one on GA Digest back at the beginning of September and the reported accuracy was nothing to really write home about. To be fair the author didn't have any match grade .22LR available, just a varied mix of plinking ammo, so you should take the accuracy testing with a grain of salt. The only other review that I saw was from the one above and what I saw there didn't inspire much confidence either, especially for using Lapua ammo.

On paper this rifle sounds great but if I was looking for a new rimfire for precision use to take to some matches and use as a trainer, what I've seen so far would only push me to other rifles. As a lightweight .22 for carrying around the woods to wack squirrels and shit, it seems like it'd be an great, although pricey option.

I haven't seen a ton of reviews so far, there was one on GA Digest back at the beginning of September and the reported accuracy was nothing to really write home about. To be fair the author didn't have any match grade .22LR available, just a varied mix of plinking ammo, so you should take the accuracy testing with a grain of salt. The only other review that I saw was from the one above and what I saw there didn't inspire much confidence either, especially for using Lapua ammo.

On paper this rifle sounds great but if I was looking for a new rimfire for precision use to take to some matches and use as a trainer, what I've seen so far would only push me to other rifles. As a lightweight .22 for carrying around the woods to wack squirrels and shit, it seems like it'd be an great, although pricey option.
That's what I've seen also. I'm leaning heavily toward a begera barreled action after really wanting the CA to be a good fit

Anybody have some first-hand accuracy experience on these yet? Still interested, but there hasn’t been much published on here.

Not looking for a PRS trainer, just a quality 50-100yd bench gun/lightweight squirrel gun combo. My time spent deer hunting this fall has convinced me I definitely need to do more squirrel hunting...