• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

NEW - Atlas CAL (Cant and Loc) Bipod - PRE-ORDER (added 12.14)

Obviously a couple little mods have been needed to get the CAL working to my liking, but I can’t say I’ve liked any other bipod as much as the CAL. It does what I need. Very thankful for the CAL.

Reactions: Killswitch Engage
Kasey, if I received my bipod May 12th, did it come with the new parts installed. Sorry this is my first atlas, and I although I have fiddled with it, haven't taken it out to the range yet.

Yes, please do explain this.
I installed the parts and find that the tension is only about 25-30% to lock up and that it is still to sensitive to suit me. I also don't like the way the brass washer is wearing on the pivot point and at my acceptable tension point and not a fluid motion of movement this will wear and at some point. The second thing is when I took it out to test with other shooters to try we found that the lever still loosens up (unscrews). Again I tend to agjust my tension on my Atlas bipods once and very rarely ever adjust agiain I appreciate your help in trying to rectify the problems and I'm not saying that it will not work well for alot of others as it may be perfect, just not for me that's all.

Last edited:
While i haven't installed the upgrade yet i did receive it. I used my Atlas CAL for the first time today on my 16" Carbine. Was pretty astonished honestly. It's one stable bipod. I thought the larger form factor/increased width in the stance folded in would bother me but it doesn't. Thing is the most stable bipod i've ever used on an AR.

Kasey, if I received my bipod May 12th, did it come with the new parts installed. Sorry this is my first atlas, and I although I have fiddled with it, haven't taken it out to the range yet.

Yes that SHOULD be the case. Easy to check though, unscrew Pod-Loc and look for spring under collar of Pod-Loc and once loose you should feel some tension between cradle (part with legs attached) and base.

I installed the parts and find that the tension is only about 25-30% to lock up and that it is still to sensitive to suit me. I also don't like the way the brass washer is wearing on the pivot point and at my acceptable tension point and not a fluid motion of movement this will wear and at some point. The second thing is when I took it out to test with other shooters to try we found that the lever still loosens up (unscrews). Again I tend to agjust my tension on my Atlas bipods once and very rarely ever adjust agiain I appreciate your help in trying to rectify the problems and I'm not saying that it will not work well for alot of others as it may be perfect, just not for me that's all.

bas402, thanks for reply. We can add additional tension easily. I've not seen the Pod-loc loosen when moving through the cant arc, maybe I'm not running it tight enough to start with? But if you're not going to use it, I'd sure like to look at it and we can give you a full refund if desired. Brandi can get you RMA and return postage if you'll contact her - [email protected] .

Thank for the support kRcu! I hated to ask you guys to instal those parts but am glad it's fairly quick and painless.

Yes that SHOULD be the case. Easy to check though, unscrew Pod-Loc and look for spring under collar of Pod-Loc and once loose you should feel some tension between cradle (part with legs attached) and base.

bas402, thanks for reply. We can add additional tension easily. I've not seen the Pod-loc loosen when moving through the cant arc, maybe I'm not running it tight enough to start with? But if you're not going to use it, I'd sure like to look at it and we can give you a full refund if desired. Brandi can get you RMA and return postage if you'll contact her - [email protected] .

Thank for the support kRcu! I hated to ask you guys to instal those parts but am glad it's fairly quick and painless.

Kasey, I would be interested in hearing how to increase tension. I installed the upgrade and would like to see if more tension improves it further.

More pictures please, thank you :).
Does it have same leg´s that is on the PRS model, that are not rolling around?

Yep, its right there on the webpage in pretty much the only blurb on it http://www.accu-shot.com/catalog_new/atlas-bipods-official-manufacturer/237-bt65-lw17.html

1526914576404.png

I removed the locking lever when tightened down and reinstalled at the 8 o'clock position for easier manipulation. The bipod legs clear the lever when it is tightened this way as well. Great bipod so far!

Kasey, I would be interested in hearing how to increase tension. I installed the upgrade and would like to see if more tension improves it further.

Thanks for your business! Sure, what I was thinking was to put a washer(s) under the large spring, inside the pod-loc, dropped down into the cavity, this will move the spring out which will in use be compressed more adding tension.

What I'm not understanding is the need for more tension between loose and lock, So I get it that having zero tension gave a loose Parker Hale bipod feel. But the springs gave it some adjustable tension.... Anyhow, I fully get the personal preference thing, me, I'm paying so little attention to my bipod, just looking at target and working trigger. But, I miss a lot too! :)

Thanks for your business! Sure, what I was thinking was to put a washer(s) under the large spring, inside the pod-loc, dropped down into the cavity, this will move the spring out which will in use be compressed more adding tension.

What I'm not understanding is the need for more tension between loose and lock, So I get it that having zero tension gave a loose Parker Hale bipod feel. But the springs gave it some adjustable tension.... Anyhow, I fully get the personal preference thing, me, I'm paying so little attention to my bipod, just looking at target and working trigger. But, I miss a lot too! :)

Got it.. I was thinking that as well.. thanks.

Don't get me wrong, really like the upgrade and I appreciate your responsiveness to all of this. I'm just very fond of how the tensioner works on the PSR bipod and am used to the way it responds.. you can make cant corrections and it'll stay or move without hysteresis.

If the PSR and the CAL had a baby, it'd be about perfect. :)

While I have your ear, I wanted to thank you for supporting the SD Steel Classic a few weeks back.

Kasey, it’s all good and I appreciate your support, offer and your concern, I have a friend that only shoots from a bench and it works great for him so I let him have it. Like I stated just didn’t fit my needs. Just back to running my 4 Atlas PRS pods for now?

Your one of the good folks in this sport for sure!!!

Received my Atlas CAL on Monday and unfortunately can't fully test it out until Thursday. But with the little time I have been able to spend it with it, it does feel great and it looks like the lock system works just like I expect it to. The stance is also a bit more stable than the Atlas PSR without the heft of the Atlas 5-H and the added bonus of the fully lockable cant.

Another quality piece from B&T Industries ??

Tested today with new parts . Can now run almost fully locked up , but can still adjust cant after
moving position ( prone ) on uneven ground , to engage a target in a different dof . I did give the
brass washer a light smear of Ballistol , on the side that faces the black anodised cradle section
of the unit . The new parts are working perfectly for me .

Reactions: kRcu
I am new to PRS competitions (1 match using a non locking Harris bipod - wrong gear!).
why is the non pan (CAL) version preferred over the pan and cant (PSR) version?

I am new to PRS competitions (1 match using a non locking Harris bipod - wrong gear!).
why is the non pan (CAL) version preferred over the pan and cant (PSR) version?
First off, I am curious as to what a non-locking Harris bipod is.

As to your question, it is purely a matter of choice. Personally, for PRS style matches I prefer the PSR and like the CAL for my .338 LM for ELR use. Some people do not want the pan feature, so they want the CAL.

First off, I am curious as to what a non-locking Harris bipod is.
A really old one that came with a used upper I bought. No lock for cant would be the better description - the legs do lock...Thanks.

When a bipod pans to the side, the rifle will recoil in a direction other than straight back. When a rifle recoils to one side or the other, the bullet will go in that direction. It is extremely difficult if not impossible to get a rifle to recoil straight back with a panned bipod. That is not to say that one cannot hold 1/2 or 1/4 MOA with a panned bipod, but consistently putting the 1/4 moa group in the center of the target is another story. This side to side variation however usually gets blamed on wind.

One of the first things I do before shooting is to make sure the bipod is straight. It would be much easier with a model that doesn't pan such as the CAL, however the CAL, even with the upgrades does not have the same tension as the psr. With the PSR I can "snug" the tension knob and still make small adjustments to the cant without moving from the firing position. The CAL, even with the upgrades does not work the same as the PSR. It is either locked tight, or will work loose after a cant or two requiring me to leave the firing position to set the tension once more. The CAL is an excellent idea...I just wish the tension functioned the same as the PSR. For now I am using my PSR's which are great bipods.

Reactions: Sig Marine
Just received my new CAL BT65 today from Mile High... What a great piece of kit ! I've been waiting for a bipod like this for years. Can't wait to get it dirty - Just need the RRS BTC-Pro do get back in stock.

And Thanks to MHSA for great service getting it to me.

Reactions: kRcu
Just received my new CAL BT65 today from Mile High... What a great piece of kit ! I've been waiting for a bipod like this for years. Can't wait to get it dirty - Just need the RRS BTC-Pro do get back in stock.

And Thanks to MHSA for great service getting it to me.
I’ve had a btc-pro backordered for a while now. Until then I have nothing to mount my cal with.

Tightened down the Pod-Loc - and the bipod did NOT work itself loose. It stayed locked down. No issues.

2018 June 11 Birchwood DY 2d.jpg

Last edited:
Bipod just arrived from Mile High. Great service and fast delivery!
BT65Back.jpg
BT65Front.jpg
BTExtended.jpg
BTShort.jpg

PSA - We have had a series of challenges with the CAL and with distances getting longer and rightfully todays end users expectations from a bipod are increasing as well. We've become aware of some design issues that need to be addressed and as such we have stopped production and stopped shipping CAL bipods as of today. I suspect 15-20% of all shooters will appreciate what we are doing but as we cannot determine who will be doing what with our gear, we are going to satisfy that minority KNOWING the majority will be getting a better product.

I apologize for any trouble this may cause anyone here.

To be clear, there is no concern about using the CAL's that you own.

We will announce when we are back in production as well as the upgrade we will make available to those that own a current CAL and want the upgrade.

I'm out as I've got a bit of work to do!

PSA - We have had a series of challenges with the CAL and with distances getting longer and rightfully todays end users expectations from a bipod are increasing as well. We've become aware of some design issues that need to be addressed and as such we have stopped production and stopped shipping CAL bipods as of today. I suspect 15-20% of all shooters will appreciate what we are doing but as we cannot determine who will be doing what with our gear, we are going to satisfy that minority KNOWING the majority will be getting a better product.

We will announce when we are back in production as well as the upgrade we will make available to those that own a current CAL and want the upgrade.

I'm sure you will detail the issues later, but I am very curious to hear what problems have come up. Mine seems pretty nice so far. It is after all, a bipod, and not quite as complex as a rifle system, regarding system function and "longer distances."

Reactions: skierhs
M338, I already have a 5H for my 300wm and I wanted some thing close to it for my 308 with out paying the 450 of the 5H and with the CAL and 5H the barrel is closer to the pivot point than the psr.

Montrose

Reactions: Stpilot12
I ordered the Atlas CAL bipod back in March I received it the end of May and I just recently had a chance to really get to the range and get some time behind it and I got to say what a huge disappointment with the Podlock design. Just like most other people I can't get a happy medium with the tension its either all or nothing. Anyway I requested a refund or an upgrade to the BT35-LW17 5-H and I am willing to pay the difference, but no way am I keeping this.

Looking forward to these when they're ready. Will throw one on my ARCALOCK mount and go to town

I've got one of these that isn't perfect but works pretty well, but another that isn't so good. Looking forward to seeing the improvements.

Reactions: skierhs
Guys I apologize for my absence here, been living in a blender on both personal and buiness fronts. On the business side, B&T has successfully sued a US infringer of our patents, entered a licensing agreement with another company and are negotiating a licensing agreement with a third. And we are working with FBI and DHS on counterfeit Atlas bipods. (I no longer feel the love from china I once did as they are now counterfeiting some of the infringing bipods...). On the personal side, I will keep that personal.

Regarding the CAL, the CAL Gen 2 will have several improvements, tension that is end user adjustable (in addition to a Pod-Loc), legs that are out front, a higher Apex for starters and I'm trying to get the cost down without sacrificing strength.
Our plan is to offer a Gen 2 upgrade to Gen 1 owners with no timeline (we still get V7, the original pull leg design, back for upgrades...) and we plan to be in production this month.

What is interesting is we have people that have a CAL Gen 1 and are contacting us to buy another. And people that are "no way keeping it".... If you can, please stand by to see the Gen 2 before acting. My hope is you will be 95% satisfied with the CAL Gen 2.

Last, we have a newsletter we use for an information vehicle, we send it out monthly and/or as needed. We will also be using it to introducev some new kit soon as well.. http://www.accu-shot.com/newsletter-signup.php

I sincerely thank you for your patronage and patience.

Good to hear from you Kasey, thanks for the update and I hope all goes well on both the business and personal fronts. I know many of us are excited to see the CAL Gen 2 and look forward to giving them a go when they are unveiled. Again, much thanks for all you do for the shooting community.

Glad to hear from you Kasey. I'm signed up for updates on your site and looking forward to hear the developments on the new variant.

As to the counterfeits and the lawsuit, good on you. I hope you sue the shit out them.

On the personal issues, without knowing specifics, best wishes to you to endure whatever storm is raging.

b/r

Last edited:
Guys I apologize for my absence here, been living in a blender on both personal and buiness fronts. On the business side, B&T has successfully sued a US infringer of our patents, entered a licensing agreement with another company and are negotiating a licensing agreement with a third. And we are working with FBI and DHS on counterfeit Atlas bipods. (I no longer feel the love from china I once did as they are now counterfeiting some of the infringing bipods...). On the personal side, I will keep that personal.

Regarding the CAL, the CAL Gen 2 will have several improvements, tension that is end user adjustable (in addition to a Pod-Loc), legs that are out front, a higher Apex for starters and I'm trying to get the cost down without sacrificing strength.
Our plan is to offer a Gen 2 upgrade to Gen 1 owners with no timeline (we still get V7, the original pull leg design, back for upgrades...) and we plan to be in production this month.

What is interesting is we have people that have a CAL Gen 1 and are contacting us to buy another. And people that are "no way keeping it".... If you can, please stand by to see the Gen 2 before acting. My hope is you will be 95% satisfied with the CAL Gen 2.

Last, we have a newsletter we use for an information vehicle, we send it out monthly and/or as needed. We will also be using it to introducev some new kit soon as well.. http://www.accu-shot.com/newsletter-signup.php

I will be looking forward to have my Gen 1 Cal upgraded to Gen 2. Thanks for the update.

Signed up and looking forward to the update. Thanks for all you do.

Kasey
Appreciate you business ethics and philosophy. I have benefited from your ingenuity and generosity to us here on the hide. I’m grateful for what you do to support our troops and I’m damm proud to hear that your aggressively defending your patents.

Good luck with the biz and other challenges you are facing. I’m seldom a ‘fan’ of a business venture, yours is one of the few stickers ill put on water bottles or bumpers........

Any teaser pics of the updated design? I signed up for the newsletter as well. Looking forward to the G2 CAL release.

any updates? Signed up today to the newsletter so not sure if I missed an announcement. Thanks.

Wow, I'm glad to hear about the gen 2 CAL. I got one of the first pre-orders, but like others have said, the cant is all loose, or completely locked. There is no in-between, even after the upgrade. Not a problem during practice, but it becomes a hindrance during fast paced matches. That being said, I love the design of the legs and how much closer the barrel sits to the center of the bipod.

Reactions: 5RWill
Signed up for the newsletter today. Have the CAL with the last updates & like it so far, was thinking about getting another one. Will be interesting to see the newest updated design.