• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos New Concealed Carry Weapon

Re: New Concealed Carry Weapon

Wow.... I want one. I have one that uses 300gr Muzzle Loader RS to throw golfballs 600yds.... LoL

ya just NEVER know what TD will have next ..... very cool...I want to see video when you fire it !!

A guy brought a small working replica cannon like that to the shop I used to work at, it was probably only about a foot and a half in length. So what do we do? We stuff some black powder in it, throw a nut and bolt in it, and shoot it at this old junker car behind the shop... Punched right through the door! We ere crying, laughing so hard...

its every man's right to be able to claim he has a howitzer in his pants lol very nice

Looks like fun. How about some pics og Serbu with this one
smile.gif

Looks like a 15,000lb cap. rotary in the background...is that power unit running off 120v??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a 15,000lb cap. rotary in the background...is that power unit running off 120v?? </div></div>

Good eye PB. Runs on 110

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ewoaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">recoil test some glass! </div></div>

+1
See if "Bertrillium-Zantitium™" coating withstands that recoil

Curious about that motor, does the plate say its rated for 115v? My understanding is that they do not make a 115v motor for their 4-post lifts, only their scissor lift has a 115v motor, so thats why I was curious. The motors will run on 115v, but under a load the motor will get smoked...and they aren't all that cheap to replace. I'm pretty sure they only make a 208/230v motor in single and 3 phase, and a special 480v for high voltage shops.

If you can, would like to see what model# is on the lift and the power unit. I believe you have a GHS power unit but would like to see more details...just in case you have a unique motor but I suspect its not the case.

I believe that's a replica of a 10-pound Parrott Gun (Rifle) should have about a 3" bore. The band shrunk on the rear of the cast iron barrel for strength was a major innovation... made producing cannon much cheaper and faster. They were used by both sides in "...the late Unpleasantness". At first I suspected a breechloading 12-pound Whitworth, knowing the "rare" stuff Dave has around, but I don't think it is. I can't see the breech well enough, but they didn't have a flared muzzle. The breeck looks somewhat similar on the two from the front, until you see the breech screw on the rear of a Whitworth. Civil War artillery was amazingly accurate... the 3" Rifled Ordnance Gun could and did using aimed fire shoot individual soldiers ... used like a rifle. The key was having a very good gunner who knew how to estimate distance and use the sighting devices... much like what many people here do with their rifles and scopes.

These guys from Wisconsin restore and maintain Civil War cannon for the NPS and lecture on artillery at West Point. They recently restored a "Dictator" 13" Seacoast Siege Mortar found under a swamp near Vicksburg...and I have seen video of them live firing it with exploding shot. They also shot in a demonstration of direct fire against a WW2 era 105mm using a M1857 12-pounder "Napoleon" smoothbore (4.62" bore) firing solid shot and win with the first hit on a M48 carcass.

you know when you said cannon, i was not expecting such a clean specimen. thats a nice unit.

Big guns like that are fun to shoot but can blow you up if not done right. My friend Roger lost right from the elbo down because when the guy swabbed the bore the gunner forgot to put his finger over the touch hole to create a vacuum when the swab was pulled. there was still some hot embers inside and when Roger rammed the powder home it went off.

Big guns like that are fun to shoot but can blow you up if not done right. My friend Roger lost right from the elbo down because when the guy swabbed the bore the gunner forgot to put his finger over the touch hole to create a vacuum when the swab was pulled. there was still some hot embers inside and when Roger rammed the powder home it went off.

There were 2 civil war cannons similar to this at the shoot this weekend. They are impressive to watch. Even more so because the guys were hitting their targets.

Awwww scheet TD first the SBS then this, your killing me! ADT.

Am I gonna get to paint this ????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARPredatorHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I gonna get to paint this ???? </div></div>

Shipping would be kinda expensive.