• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Delta Stryker 3.5-21x44

Watching and waiting.
Absolutely love my 5-30, so I am VERY interested in 3.5-21 and 1-10

Anyone tested these yet? Im especially keen on knowing how the illumination and reticle works, as I know Delta provide very nice glass and quality. Can the scope be used on 3.5x in reality or is the reticle too thin? Is the illumination daytime visible? I wish they would make better illumination, so that you can use the brightness on full during daytime so that you could actually use the lowest magnification in a hunting scenario. Im afraid that the reticle wont be visible in the nature even tough you could see it on the shooting range. If they had illuminated the whole center "cross" on the DLR-1 reticle and had high brightness it would be a very nice hunting oriented reticle, but I suspec i have to go for the more crowded DPRC-1 to be able to see it.

Anyone tested these yet? Im especially keen on knowing how the illumination and reticle works, as I know Delta provide very nice glass and quality. Can the scope be used on 3.5x in reality or is the reticle too thin? Is the illumination daytime visible? I wish they would make better illumination, so that you can use the brightness on full during daytime so that you could actually use the lowest magnification in a hunting scenario. Im afraid that the reticle wont be visible in the nature even tough you could see it on the shooting range. If they had illuminated the whole center "cross" on the DLR-1 reticle and had high brightness it would be a very nice hunting oriented reticle, but I suspec i have to go for the more crowded DPRC-1 to be able to see it.
I have the dlr reticle and it becomes a red dot with illumination. It’s a great reticle for hunting in my opinion. The way they did the reticle I don’t see me using the illumination much unless it’s getting really low light, but it looks daylight bright if you’re going to run it.

Reactions: Glassaholic
I agree completely with your take on the importance of good illumination on a FFP scope. If the illumination can be readily seen on low mag in daylight, now that scope has utility while stalking, if a surprise shot presents itself. This is one thing I have always appreciated about Athlon scopes. They illuminate the entire ranging portion of the reticle and then you get this added utility for "CQB".

I have the dlr reticle and it becomes a red dot with illumination. It’s a great reticle for hunting in my opinion. The way they did the reticle I don’t see me using the illumination much unless it’s getting really low light, but it looks daylight bright if you’re going to run it.
So you can easily see the reticle on 3.5x in the woods?

Ok, thanks. How would you rate the scope quality, FOV and so on? Is the eyebox really tight on higher magnifications? Ive got a stryker HD 4.5-30x56, and want the 3.5-21x44 on a lighter LR hunting setup.
The scope quality looks of top quality. FOV is good compared to others with 3.5x. Eye box is good, I have no problem getting behind it at any magnification. I’m using mine on a hunting rifle, and plan on putting more of these on them assuming they hold up. They did this thing right. Meaning although a short scope, plenty of mounting space for the LA integral rails. Glass from the initial impression is very good. I think you’d be getting up there in price before you see it’s equal. That is initial and will know more after I take this hunting.

Got mine now. First impresson is great, except WHY no locking turrets??? Didnt even think about the possibility as both my stryker HD 4.5-30x56 and my javelin had that feature. Also the light settings on delta is crap as always... Other cheaper scopes like Athlon Helos btr has great light, both bright and consistent at the parts of the reticle it should illuminiate.

Got mine now. First impresson is great, except WHY no locking turrets??? Didnt even think about the possibility as both my stryker HD 4.5-30x56 and my javelin had that feature. Also the light settings on delta is crap as always... Other cheaper scopes like Athlon Helos btr has great light, both bright and consistent at the parts of the reticle it should illuminiate.
What reticle did you go for? Interested to see some through the scope pics of the reticle.

As to the non-locking 6ft tall elevation turret. Yeah, I don't understand that either.