• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Dollar coin

Tuna921

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2008
Fort Lauderdale
6f381h.jpg

True Americans will refuse these

It has begun...Refuse new coins!

This simple action will make a strong statement.

Please help do this.. Refuse to accept these when they are handed to you.
I received one from the Post Office as change and I asked for a dollar bill instead.
The lady just smiled and said 'way to go' , so she had read this e -mail.
Please help out..our world is in enough trouble without this too!!!!!

U.S.Government to Release New Dollar Coins

You guessed it
<span style="font-weight: bold">'IN GOD WE TRUST' IS GONE!!!</span>
If ever there was a reason to boycott something, THIS IS IT!!!!

<span style="font-weight: bold">DO NOT ACCEPT THE NEW DOLLAR COINS AS CHANGE</span>
Together we can force them out of circulation..

Re: New Dollar coin

I have a feeling they will be as popular as the other dollar coins have been.

I agree its false, it does say In God We Trust but they are certainly priming the pump on taking it off the money by putting it somewhere where it is not readily visible.

-Z

A parking lot automated paysite gave me $14 in change from a $20 bill, all in dollar coins. A couple days later, the guy behind the register at my local stop-n-rob looked at me like I was using Canadian coins when I tried to buy gas with them. It will take a long time for them to catch on.

I deal with alot of counterfeit bills at work and agree that using coins will make the counterfeiters job harder. I just don't see folks accepting them with open arms.

<span style="font-weight: bold">DO NOT SPEND THESE NEW DOLLAR COINS.</span>

Ship them immediately to me. I will dispose of them properly.

P.M. me for my shipping address.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diesel kinevel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree its false, it does say In God We Trust but they are certainly priming the pump on taking it off the money by putting it somewhere where it is not readily visible.

-Z </div></div>

+1 EXACTLY.... F'n bastards anyways...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hamr56</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a feeling they will be as popular as the other dollar coins have been.</div></div>

Bingo. Americans like paper money for dollars.

This is like three years old?!
I made a nice little bundle on them when they first came out.

People thought that the the ones with the edges printed "upside down" were flawed and therefor collectible.
I went to the bank and nabbed several rolls.
Listed the "upside down" ones on ebay and sold the crap out of them for $5-$10 apiece.
I think I even sold one for $25
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diesel kinevel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree its false, it does say In God We Trust but they are certainly priming the pump on taking it off the money by putting it somewhere where it is not readily visible.

-Z </div></div>

Actually, they moved it to the edge for aesthetics. It allowed for a larger area for the art work.

Not everyone's out to get the Christians...

I heard they have micro tracking chips in them. Best send them to me.

I say find as many of these $1 coins as you can, buy yourself a hand engraving tool and write "In God We Trust" on every one of them!! What a way to let The Man know he goofed!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diesel kinevel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree its false, it does say In God We Trust but they are certainly priming the pump on taking it off the money by putting it somewhere where it is not readily visible.

-Z </div></div>

Actually, they moved it to the edge for aesthetics. It allowed for a larger area for the art work.

Not everyone's out to get the Christians... </div></div>

gotta be vigilant these days
laugh.gif

-Z

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tuna921</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Please help do this.. Refuse to accept these when they are handed to you.
I received one from the Post Office as change and I asked for a dollar bill instead.
The lady just smiled and said 'way to go' , so she had read this e -mail.

</div></div>

How could she have already read an email which contains an antic-dote of something she had not yet done?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diesel kinevel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diesel kinevel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree its false, it does say In God We Trust but they are certainly priming the pump on taking it off the money by putting it somewhere where it is not readily visible.

-Z </div></div>

laugh.gif

-Z </div></div>

I can respect vigilance...
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diesel kinevel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diesel kinevel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree its false, it does say In God We Trust but they are certainly priming the pump on taking it off the money by putting it somewhere where it is not readily visible.

-Z </div></div>

laugh.gif

-Z </div></div>

I can respect vigilance...
grin.gif
</div></div>

+1 on that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How could she have already read an email which contains an antic-dote of something she had not yet done? </div></div>

You owe me a keyboard!
laugh.gif

I got a few of these out of the vending machines - they take em and give em now - and they would be SOOOO easy to counterfit..not that I would!

But the "In God We Trust" will wear off, all coins wear on the edges - so in 5 years there will be no In God We Trust.

but just like the Susan B Anthony, and the Sacajawhia (sp?) - these too will go by the wayside - we are NOT canada with loons and toons.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> - we are NOT canada with loons and toons.</div></div>

But you wanna be,,,,,,,, right? Everybody wants to be like us... look at Commiefornia,,, following our lead, and breaking further trail.

Ok, so much for the innuendo and sarcasm. Please people, straighten out your leadership whilst you still have a chance. Look to us for examples of what happens, when you don't.

Yeah and Seattle not far behind...

We're looking at property in boon-town Oklahoma, 6 miles from the NM border - population 256...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sjohnny</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How could she have already read an email which contains an antic-dote of something she had not yet done? </div></div>

You owe me a keyboard!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

What is an antic-dote?

I'm familiar with anecdotes, antidotes and rope-a-dope, but this latest escapes me. Is this one of those regional pronunciation things like "Nuk-u-lar"?

I admit I miss stuff, like when I thought Ratbert's avatar was a picture of Will Farrell...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sjohnny</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How could she have already read an email which contains an antic-dote of something she had not yet done? </div></div>

You owe me a keyboard!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

What is an antic-dote?

I'm familiar with anecdotes, antidotes and rope-a-dope, but this latest escapes me. Is this one of those regional pronunciation things like "Nuk-u-lar"?

I admit I miss stuff, like when I thought Ratbert's avatar was a picture of Will Farrell...</div></div>

Stupid spiel cheque.

I hate coins.

They don't fit well in my wallet.

That is why they will not be around long. Plus, people will not spend them, they will think they will be collectable and rathole them (they may be right).

Actually Gu, it's more the other way around.

People here Hate all the extra change in their pockets. So quite often I hear that they spend a few extra bucks, just to get rid of it.

Now as for the buckets at home, that's a different story. But the point is, when they STOP printing the paper 1's, your choices are limited. We had 2's here as well, and they're gone. Now they're talking about coining the 5's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: o0synge0o</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please forgive my ignorance, but not being a religious person, I don't l don't quite understand what the significance is?</div></div>
Not that it matters because it is still on there just not as visible which is BS. But to give you some reason for your question.

The Signigicance is that the Rights You enjoy today are here becuase the Founding Fathers of America were Religious and Hence Declared that our Rights came from God and not the gov. They also knew that our system for self rule wouldn't work without the morality that is provided by Religion. What are they teaching in school these days?

Tuna921 I would like to thank you for bringing this very serious matter to our attention. I for one will wholeheartedly support the exclusion of these coins. Admittedly we differ in our motivation but our goal is the same. Years ago I was involved with an exotic dancer (she took offense to the term "stripper"). She was a very hard working girl and had a heart of gold. I should have married her. However, my vagabond lifestyle and social convention made our relationship difficult to maintain. At any rate, I think of her from time to time and I would hate to think of her being pelted by these coins or having to lug home a heavy purse full of them after a long night at work. So please gentlemen, I ask of you, think of the ladies! Think of the ladies and refuse thses coins!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: splean</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tuna921 I would like to thank you for bringing this very serious matter to our attention. I for one will wholeheartedly support the exclusion of these coins. Admittedly we differ in our motivation but our goal is the same. Years ago I was involved with an exotic dancer (she took offense to the term "stripper"). She was a very hard working girl and had a heart of gold. I should have married her. However, my vagabond lifestyle and social convention made our relationship difficult to maintain. At any rate, I think of her from time to time and I would hate to think of her being pelted by these coins or having to lug home a heavy purse full of them after a long night at work. So please gentlemen, I ask of you, think of the ladies! Think of the ladies and refuse thses coins!</div></div>

Now this I petition I don't mind signing. If only because I'm too cheap to ever tip $5, I don't care how good your surgeon was.

That's pretty low, Ratbert. I am pleased to have the moral high-ground on this matter since I will at times tip $5. As well I have great concern for the strippers plight; trying to earn the big tips....all while they try to heal from the coin marks and having to deal with cheapskates like yourself. It brings tears to my eyes.
laugh.gif

I cannot believe this thread has not been nuked.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rafael</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's pretty low, Ratbert. I am pleased to have the moral high-ground on this matter since I will at times tip $5. As well I have great concern for the strippers plight; trying to earn the big tips....all while they try to heal from the coin marks and having to deal with cheapskates like yourself. It brings tears to my eyes.
laugh.gif

I cannot believe this thread has not been nuked.

</div></div>

Yeah, but if I start tipping the strippers $5 then the wife is going to want $10 and it all just spirals downwards from there. I'm trying to cap inflation, I'm the good guy here.

Ahhhhhhh....a conspiracy.
Seeing how I may benefit from said conspiracy....I am all for it.
Of course...I am only agreeing for "the good of the country".
laugh.gif

Hard to believe no one has brought up why they keep trying to push new dollar coins on us. Coins can stay in circulation much longer than paper money. Because they last longer before needing to be destroyed and replaced they are actually cheaper. A dollar bill has such a short life that it costs more than it's worth to print. That's why they keep coming up with new dollar coins every few years. They're trying to find one people will actually spend instead of throwing in a bucket somewhere. In the long run it's much cheaper to mint coins because their service life is so much longer than their paper counterparts. Seems like a lost cause though, even knowing this I for some reason can't bring myself to use the fricken things either.

Some people get worked up about the dumbest shit.

As stupid as the idiots who complain about there being "In God We Trust" on our money is as dumb as those who complain that it is not there. And even dumber that it is "hidden".

You're all a bunch of fools.

And no, no one is out to get the Christians.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some people get worked up about the dumbest shit.

As stupid as the idiots who complain about there being "In God We Trust" on our money is as dumb as those who complain that it is not there. And even dumber that it is "hidden".

You're all a bunch of fools.

And no, no one is out to get the Christians. </div></div>

Hahaha agreed!

When I'm going up and down the Mississippi on riverboats, swindling eastern dandies at poker, I like to toss them to livery stable hands, shoe shine boys and the saloon keepers when I get my bottle of old red eye.

These coins, my watch on a chain and my hidden derringer define me as a man of the frontier.

Do you have in god we trust on your credit/debit card? Or your personal checks? Paycheck? Any check? Money Orders? Online bank account homepage? Paypal?
Chances are... no you do not. And chances are that over 50% of anything you purchase or receive money from is listed above. So honestly... is this really a big deal?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunjunkie45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hard to believe no one has brought up why they keep trying to push new dollar coins on us. Coins can stay in circulation much longer than paper money. Because they last longer before needing to be destroyed and replaced they are actually cheaper. A dollar bill has such a short life that it costs more than it's worth to print. That's why they keep coming up with new dollar coins every few years. They're trying to find one people will actually spend instead of throwing in a bucket somewhere. In the long run it's much cheaper to mint coins because their service life is so much longer than their paper counterparts. Seems like a lost cause though, even knowing this I for some reason can't bring myself to use the fricken things either. </div></div>

Plus, it's harder for the govt to collect our DNA off of dollar bills...

Seems like they can't do anything that makes cents....

It costs the U.S. Government 3.8 cents to manufacture a $1 bill. They are composed of 75% cotton and 25% linen.

Cost of Producing the Penny, Nickel, Dime, Quarter, Half-dollar and Golden Dollar Coins.

Golden Dollar 10.03 cents
Half Dollar 9.63 cents
Quarter 4.29 cents
Dime 1.88 cents
Nickel 3.13 cents
Penny .81 cents

(United States Mint, 2000 Annual Report, pg. 54)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I'm going up and down the Mississippi on riverboats, swindling eastern dandies at poker, I like to toss them to livery stable hands, shoe shine boys and the saloon keepers when I get my bottle of old red eye.

These coins, my watch on a chain and my hidden derringer define me as a man of the frontier. </div></div>

You sir, are a class act!

Tuna the cost of production may be higher but I bet a dollar coin will last at least 3 times as long as the paper one will so it will even out in the long run.

Europe uses coins for everything up to 2 Euro its a love hate thing for me! Sucks having to carry around a coin purse! haha

That reminds me of the Geico commercial, It's not a purse it's a European handbag! Since you're in Germany Doug I guess you will be pardoned for this particular ManLaw vialation

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USAFDoug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tuna the cost of production may be higher but I bet a dollar coin will last at least 3 times as long as the paper one will so it will even out in the long run.

Europe uses coins for everything up to 2 Euro its a love hate thing for me! Sucks having to carry around a coin purse! haha </div></div>

This is the biggest drawback to visiting Canada. By the end of even a short trip, your pocket is full of Loonies and Twonies (Toonies?) trying to pull your pants down.