• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New GAP Extreme Hunter in 6.5 SAUM

Do you have it set to ounces? From the video it looks like your finger is tapping it then tapping it a lil harder to fire.

Could just be the video. Looks like a nice shooting platform. Thanks for posting the video.

2.5 lbs as the post says......

I tap the trigger several times before I fire. Its just an old habit.

12 that are finishing up in the next 2 weeks are all sold, they are 12 more in the works, there are also 3-4 Non typical hunters in this caliber a month out from being done and those are available, I think there is even a Lefty.

I hope the lefty is mine.

The more people buy into this round the better chance we have of getting brass made - so keep it going.

12 that are finishing up in the next 2 weeks are all sold, they are 12 more in the works, there are also 3-4 Non typical hunters in this caliber a month out from being done and those are available, I think there is even a Lefty.

Ken told me not to be surprised if they got done quickly, and he was right!! Can't wait!

After months of looking at this thread I'm convinced I need one, so I've drank the KoolAid!!
Just so happens I have this Kimber 8400 WSM action and stock sitting in my safe collecting dust. I believe a 6.5 4S #3 Bartlein would fit nicely on it.

Pretty cool looking Kryptek stock there Wyfox! On another note has anyone used the 129gr AccuBond LR yet? Been thinking about these for an all purpose Target,Antelope,Deer,Coyote load once I get my 6.5SAUM, if anyone can comment of the accuracy/terminal performance of this bullet I might use it for 6.5CM also. I am just starting to acquire my reloading gear so anything that can save me some time and simplify bullet selection for these two calibers seems like a winner to me. I know many of you use the 130 and 140VLD with great results, just thought I would see what else might work.

Thanks

Last edited:
Wyfox,

You might run into problems taking that much of the shell out of the barrel channel of the Kimber Montana stock to fit a Bartlein #3. My Kimber 7WSM barrel was about .570 at the muzzle.

Wyfox,

You might run into problems taking that much of the shell out of the barrel channel of the Kimber Montana stock to fit a Bartlein #3. My Kimber 7WSM barrel was about .570 at the muzzle.

I mic'd the barrel channel and very little material will need to be removed if any it will be near the breach.

585M002.jpg

This is for Scott, George and the "Animal"............I'm ready for Wyoming antelope!!!

Everyone has to throw $20 in the pot for "best shot"................grin! I still have prize money left over from last year...............grin!

Anyone know how much Copper Creek is selling the 140gr rounds for? Getting to lazy to reload, want some pre-rolled rounds for hunting. RG

Loaded ammo with either the 130 berger VLD or the 140 Berger hybrid is $232.50 per 50 rounds.

Prepped brass is also available at $99.99 per 50.

The extra brass prep adds up quick. With this round it's good to be rich or not too reload lazy. :)

I got to shoot 2 of these this past weekend. The recoil is minimal. Sighted them in at 100 then went straight to 840 and was crushing the target. We stopped after a few shots because it was getting pointless. I did make a seated shot at 400 on an IPSC just before we packed up due to it getting dark.

If you are in the market for a pure hunting rig this is it.

Guys guess what day it is tomorrow....hump day and it's "I finally got done seeding and harvesting and my 6.5 SAUM is waiting for me to pick it up day!" I may not sleep tonight.

Anyone doing this caliber in a DTA? If so, who did your barrel?

I have a custom on the way from GAP and a barrel from Short Action Customs - Mark Gordon builds custom barrels for DTA. He does an excellent job.

It's getting melonited as we speak.

Laffin'......I know he was up half the night prepping brass.....

And here I was going to be a nice guy and share some of that H1000 I scored today with you!

Unless Noah has the ark docked in my yard in the morning there will be some paper and steel getting killed tomorrow.

tedemary.jpg
su8ynyqe.jpg

6.5 saum on a Blaser r8 has joined the club

Running the 130swift scirocco at 3260 for hunting and the 140 amax at 3110 for hunting and steel, quite lucky and both shoot the same so can chop and change easy as :)

Using ar2217 but is the same as h1000
This one also has a few sisters on the way :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Feasibility of re-barreling question. I have a 7wsm built on a long Stiller Predator action. Manners stock and Badger M4 bottom metal. (Unknown trigger) Presently sporting a 5.5 Bartlein. I haven't seen much about re-barreling to the 6.5 SAUM. Would this be a good candidate considering that it is a long action?
If done, should it be re-bedded? Thanks.

Feasibility of re-barreling question. I have a 7wsm built on a long Stiller Predator action. Manners stock and Badger M4 bottom metal. (Unknown trigger) Presently sporting a 5.5 Bartlein. I haven't seen much about re-barreling to the 6.5 SAUM. Would this be a good candidate considering that it is a long action?
If done, should it be re-bedded? Thanks.

If you change barrel contours, then yes it should have its barrel pad re-bedded.
The rifle will shoot just fine but feeding from a LA mag may have some reliability issues.