• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing New Hunting Bullets Available

Lots of people are shooting a 7 saum in a SA, the 151's are .1 shorter than the ELDm 180's. Depends on what you want to do with it. 6GT is a competition bullet to me. 7 Saum would be a hunting and LR round, look in the reloading section you'll find lots of loads and speeds for the 7 saum. I wouldn't want to carry a McRee chassis hunting, they're heavy, had one on a savage in the past.
I didn't realize they are that long I don't remember the length between the two been awhile but 100 % agree 7 saum is awesome case

Reactions: WT1
Lots of people are shooting a 7 saum in a SA, the 151's are .1 shorter than the ELDm 180's. Depends on what you want to do with it. 6GT is a competition bullet to me. 7 Saum would be a hunting and LR round, look in the reloading section you'll find lots of loads and speeds for the 7 saum. I wouldn't want to carry a McRee chassis hunting, they're heavy, had one on a savage in the past.
I still have the Tikka CTR stock and bottom metal and with the bolt stop being the difference it is almost like a switch rifle in that regard. Thanks for the info. By the way, in the interest of ounces turn into pounds and pounds into pain, I took the bag rider and opposite side cheek plate as well as the picatinny bipod mount off the McRee chassis today and it is a little over 3lbs for a chassis, which isn't bad if you ask me. All told the parts and hardware for those three sections of the McRee chassis come in at 11 ounces. I have an American Defense QD RECON mount on it holding the glass and the mount is kind of heavy but that's a great feature with the switchability to another mount that I can't take that off. ADM mounts are awesome.

Last edited:
I still have the Tikka CTR stock and bottom metal and with the bolt stop being the difference it is almost like a switch rifle in that regard. Thanks for the info. By the way, in the interest of ounces turn into pounds and pounds into pain, I took the bag rider and opposite side cheek plate as well as the picatinny bipod mount off the McRee chassis today and it is a little over 3lbs for a chassis, which isn't bad if you ask me. All told the parts and hardware for those three sections of the McRee chassis come in at 11 ounces. I have an American Defense QD RECON mount on it holding the glass and the mount is kind of heavy but that's a great feature with the switchability to another mount that I can't take that off. ADM mounts are awesome.

LRI is making bolts for the Tikka too.

Reactions: WT1
I tried the 151 Cayuga in 7mm-08 with RL-16. Worked up to 46.0 gr. with mild flattening of (BR-2) primer. At that point the case is pretty full... and I think I ran into the (known) problem of Forster seating die, as discussed in this thread specifically
there is potential that the stem could crack and this would allow the stem to flare out and form to the bullet profile, creating sticking and varying seating depths.
I wonder if, when seating the Cayuga somewhat compressed, has anyone found a useful workaround with the Forster, or better luck with another seater eg. Redding?

I just recently purchased some of the 122 gr. 6.5 projectiles to load into 6.5CM rounds for here in CA. I haven't been able to find any load data on them, and was hoping someone could provide a decent starting point. Until now, I've been mainly shooting the ELD-Ms in 140 gr., and they've been decent for shooting steel. Since we are planning to do some coyote hunting, I'd like to work something up with these. Any recommendations?

Jerry