• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Iphone Update SUCKS!!!

Gee LeDouche

Private
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2010
So.. let me start off by saying that I absolutely love my Iphone, but this new update that I did yesterday has been horrible! I just have the standard 3G 8gig and it had been running pretty well until I did this new 4.0 update. Now, my "Slacker Radio" app will only play 1 or 2 songs before it freezes and restarts the entire phone. My video camera app(Qik Video) that I paid for wont even start up. Ive had the phone completely freeze on me and automatically restart probably 3 times in the last 12 hours, since its been updated. Is anybody else having any issues since the newest update? I hear its pretty cool for the 3Gs and the new Iphone4 but for the regular 3G phone it blows goats! any suggestions??

Gee

Re: New Iphone Update SUCKS!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captain zeke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">down load anouther app it should quit all that </div></div>

just any random app?? and that should fix my entire problem?

The apps have to be updated to be 4.0 compatible and it's taking them forever. Still I have more bugs with my 3GS now than before. I can't send MMS over 3G and my non updated apps close out if strained.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeepin_Lawyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine seems to be running slower and less smooth after the upgrade! </div></div>

+100000

I heard on a tech show on the radio that EVERYONE is complaining about the software making the 3G almost useless. Guess it is just a good way to force the consumer into the I4. I think the only way to fix it is to find older software to reload. Maybe someone has an un-updated iTunes you can fix it with

I have a 3GS and the new OS is working okay.
My phone freezes up here and there mostly with the iPod function. You might want to save important data and restore your 3G when you sync.

So.. I put in a work order with Apple yesterday and they called me this morning about it. I told them everything that happened, and I did exactly as they said. (to restore the phone as a "new phone") well,, long story short, after I did that, I went back to restore from the backup and it restored from the deleted backup so I now have no contacts, music, videos, calendar events, notes, and all my apps make me sign in like its the first time they are ever being used, and a lot of them STILL dont work. So not only do I have a POS phone that doesnt work, Itunes bent me over and deleted a bunch of shit off my phone. I'm so pissed I could punch a kitten!

Gee

If you have a 3G, I hesitate to say that the iOS4 is almost *too much* to run on the phone. We have had similar battery/speed problems with our 3g dev devices. Realize that these devices are two generations old. While probably not a large time in your eyes, in the world of tech that's almost like saying you are mad your 1975 car no longer passes smog and you can't find parts for it.

As far as the apps crashing the devices, this is not Apples fault, so don't go blaming them yet. It's a problem with the actual application, and the developers fault for not having a iOS4 compliant version already ready (developers are given iOS4 months in advance, in order to help curtail this issue). As a complete wild ass guess, I'd wager that they are using/calling functionality that simply no longer exists in iOS4 (it was a big change), and the phone simply dies when it is asked to do something it no longer knows how to do.

I'd make sure your apps were up to date, and if you have a spare 5 minutes an email/message to the developers of the app would likely be very much appreciated in helping them run down the issue. It could also very well be a strange bug that they simply didn't catch in testing, and won't know about it until someone says something.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeepin_Lawyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine seems to be running slower and less smooth after the upgrade!</div></div>

Same here, 3GS with iOS4.

When I initially upgraded to os4 on my 3g I lost everything!! Yes I sync all the time and I have had several phones (3 broken screens and one upgrade) so I know the drill when changing phones or doing a software upgrade.

When I called in to find out my options (I do not have my mobile me up and running just yet) I was told that many people were having the same issue and that I would need to restore to the last full backup. I did and I now have all my contacts and stuff back but the phone is slow as hell. I guess I will have to call and fall into the Iphone 4 trap this week!!!

NOmag

If I were you I would backrev your phone to 3.1.3, I don't think the older 3g and 3gs phones will handle the newest release very well. You aren't the only one with this trouble...

Download 3.1.3 firmware then just shift/option click on restore in itunes and select the 3.1.3 firmware.