• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Leupold MOA reticle

That kinda blows about not getting the TS32 in the higher mag scopes. I am really digging the 32 but my middle aged eyes needs more magnification. I'll wait and see how the TS29 looks before pulling the trigger on a new scope...

Well that is good news! I have wanted a 6.5-20 for the high mag for some time. Would love to get this in a FFP scope. It would be to small to be accurate at the very low end but, still useful for me in a hunting situation where I am not running around with the scope on 20x.

Next question.... I need to call and ask. Is this TS32 going to be available in the mark4 spotting scope? I am now finding it as awkward as having different adjustments vs reticle, is having the wrong angular measurements in the spotting scope.

Or is it best to sell it all and go mil/mil on everything? This reticle to me started out as a way to get me equipment to match angular measurements.

I'm going to call tomorrow morning, but to satisfy my need for instant gratification: Does anyone know if they can put any of these MOA Reticles in the Mark4 16x?

I would expect the t29 to be almost identical to the 32 just 3 MOA less on the vertical. Id like to see it to confirm though

riflemen: I searched first and found this thread. I have two 6.5--20x leup. scopes to service. one has been over torqued and does not adjust correctly if at all.. the second one has a premier reticle dot in center and siuper fine crosshairs.. that is so fine and thin I have some trouble seeing it in poor light conditions. Thought about having it serviced and replacing the reticle with hash marked vertical and horizontally as I am getting pretty used to those types of reticles in other rigs I shoot. I seem to get the picture that the leupold company is not sure when they will complete the work to upgrade these reticles ..
IS PREMEIR reticle an alternative choice? can I get a graduated reticle from them?
thanks.. I so hate to send off my equipment, but have to do it.
thanks in advance..
dan kennison

I bought a leupold vx3 6.5x20 used that had that same dot with super fine cross hairs. It was not centered in the scope. I had to move the elevation almost all the way up and the wind age almost all the way right to zero. I can't speak for sure that this is premier's work because I bought it used. That is what was told to me when I bought it

Hello.. As you all can tell, I am a new member here. I am an avid shooter who normally does not get involved in blogs/forums, but I have been following this thread and have noticed some of you are confused or may have received some information that is not quite accurate so I decided to join in hopes of clearing up some questions. I personally have 3 Leupold 4.5-14x scopes with this new TS-32X1 reticle now and absolutely love it. I am fortunate enough to be in Leupold's back yard and can go in to talk to them personally. I have met and spoke with the gentleman that designed this reticle quite extensively. The TS-32X1 MOA reticle is available as a retrofit to your exising 4.5-14x Leupold scope. It can be a Vari-X III, VX-III or VX-3. It can be the LR version w/30mm maintube or have the 1" maintube with or w/o an A/O. This same reticle can also be installed into your existing Mark 4 LR/T (SFP) 4.5-14x 40mm or 50mm M1 rifle scope. You may order VX-3 4.5-14x or Mark 4 LR/T (SFP) through the Custom Shop with this reticle. The cost for this reticle as retrofit (sending your scope in) is $159.99 plus any applicable sales tax. The additional cost to have one added to a new Custom Shop scope is $129.99. Again, sales tax may apply to the entire cost of your order depending upon what state you reside in. Now, I see that quite a few of you are awaiting the new TS-29X1 reticle that was designed for the Vari-X III, VX-III, VX-3 and Mark 4 LR/T 6.5-20x SFP scopes. I was at Leupold last week and asked about this as I have a 6.5-20x that I want one installed into. They currently have reticles, but I was told the reticles are currently going through quality inspection. If they do pass inspection, they will still need to be field tested (yes, I asked and was told no) before they will release them to the market. If they pass all testing, the reticle will be available to the general public in April. I was told that there are some folks already sending thier 6.5-20x's in and just waiting.. I will be dropping mine off this week as I am currently not using it.. I was told that I would need to check my serial number to determine the age of the scope, because the scope has to be made from 1994 to present in order for this new reticle to fit. You can call Leupold to check the age of your scope. The cost for this reticle will be same as for the 4.5-14x version. I inquired why there is only 29 MOA and not 32 MOA and was told that the FOV is not as large on the 6.5-20x as it is on the 4.5-14x and that you would not be able to see all 32 MOA. Makes sense to me, but 29 MOA is still quite a bit of drop compensation and if you require more, you still have your elevation dial to add more when needed.

I hope this information is helpful and useful to those of you wanting the new MOA reticle.

That's great news on the 6.5-20. I have a vx III ready to go.

I wonder if they have any plans for a vari x III LR (pre mark 4) 3.5-10 or mark 4 10.

I think instead of changing to the MOA reticle and losing the illumination on mine, I'll switch to M5 turrets and keep my illuminated TMR

Just in case anyone is interested still, i emailed the customer service agent i was dealing with and he confirmed they passed qc and ready to install on the 6.5-20x. I will be sending mine in within the next couple weeks