• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New look at Bushnell Elite LRHS2

If they could make the 3-12 with the new .25 wind holds to 1.5 mils and 50mm objective.

Honestly, Im good with the weight though, especially if the other stuff happened

standing in aspens with an elk at 60 yds broadside, I was a pretty big fan of that 4MOA donut. didnt care for it before.

never seen one ;)

not a fan
0CC8F331-4B2A-4867-B1B2-B37CE2E7A6AD.jpeg

Reactions: lash
So what are everyone's thoughts on this scope? Trying to scope a ar10 I just built and unable to find the lrts or lrhs used. So I am looking to the lrhs 2. Was contemplating shv 4-14x56, pst gen 2 3-15x44, and the bushy line up. Would really like to hear some feedback if anyone has been out over 500. Thanks

I have the 3-12 LRHS on an AR and its quite easy at 600 to put up a nice group.

4-18 has been past 1k several times.
.5 wind holds (nothing smaller) can be a challenge at times for precision, just takes practice.
Worked fine last weekend at 800 in 20-25 mph wind.
Im far from great with the wind, and can make it work.

Have new 6-36 on the way tho….

Reactions: BigBlastin300win
So what are everyone's thoughts on this scope? Trying to scope a ar10 I just built and unable to find the lrts or lrhs used. So I am looking to the lrhs 2. Was contemplating shv 4-14x56, pst gen 2 3-15x44, and the bushy line up. Would really like to hear some feedback if anyone has been out over 500. Thanks
I was surprised at the size of the gen2 PST 3-15, its the size of the 4.5-18 LRHS or bigger. BTW Miday has the PSTII 3-15 for around 550.

I like the LRHS a lot better than the PSTII. The PSTII was here and gone for me. My 3-12 LRHS has been riding on a rifle since they rolled out. I actually find myself for the first time in years without a 4.5-18. I picked up a 3-12 LRTSi a couple months ago though. I don't like the donut, so I prefer the illum G3. I was shooting p-dogs with my 3-12 out to 1100 before antelope season.

I like the LRHS a lot better than the PSTII. The PSTII was here and gone for me. My 3-12 LRHS has been riding on a rifle since they rolled out. I actually find myself for the first time in years without a 4.5-18. I picked up a 3-12 LRTSi a couple months ago though. I don't like the donut, so I prefer the illum G3. I was shooting p-dogs with my 3-12 out to 1100 before antelope season.
Well, I do like the donut, wouldn’t you know. Reticles are such a personal thing. So if you happen to want to unload an old 3-15 with donut reticle, just drop me a line. I’m your huckleberry. 😎

Well, I do like the donut, wouldn’t you know. Reticles are such a personal thing. So if you happen to want to unload an old 3-15 with donut reticle, just drop me a line. I’m your huckleberry. 😎
Lol right anyone looking to unload one hit me up. I have been searching high and low and have only found one that was beat to crap.

I could put you down on the "Hey, if you ever want to sell that list," but at this point it would be like the guy calling fourths, in the PX. Miracles do happen though. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: lash and 65x55guy
So after talking with a guy at the range and looking over an LRTS, then reading this thread I decided to give the LRHS2 a shot. Looks nice, seems stout, not too heavy, glass looks great especially for the money. However, unless I’m a total moron (highly possible) I can’t get the damn windage turret to unlock. Is there something you have to loosen under the turret when new to make the push/pull lock work? It won’t budge, can’t pull it up or turn it at all. Planned on mounting it up this weekend but wanna hold off now since it seems something may be up. The lack of a manual in the box sucks, hate having to pull up a pdf everytime I need info! May have over looked it but didn’t see anything in the pdf other than pull to adjust/push to lock. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

There shouldn't be anything underneath keeping it from pulling out. It wont turn until it pulls out that is for sure. Pushed in is locked for the windage turret.

Reactions: lash and Waco Kid
That was what I figured, but wanted to be certain I wasn’t missing something before going through the hassle of contacting GAP or Bushnell to get it corrected. I pulled the windage turret with some pretty good force, still won’t budge, so looks like I got the dud haha! Not surprised, I have horrible luck!

Thanks for the info (y)

You might pull the center screw, and make there is some weird suction holding it down. Let me run look at one and pull the the windage turret off real quick.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
If the turret cover wont come off, about the only thing that can hold it is the o-ring, it could be rolled out of its slot, too big, or swollen. If its the part that locks and unlocks the turret maybe some wiggling and pulling. IT sucks when new scopes have to go in for warranty, but it happens.

Attachments

• IMG_0773.JPG
    IMG_0773.JPG
    469.2 KB · Views: 103
Got it! Must’ve just been binding slightly or something. I had taken the turret off before to take a look, o ring etc looked fine to me. Decided to try one more time, backed the screw out a couple turns so there was a little slack in the cap and wiggled while I pulled back on it, almost to the point I thought I was gonna break something, but it popped loose. Moves in and out easily now and clicks feel solid when unlocked. Thanks again for the replies, greatly appreciated!!!

Got it! Must’ve just been binding slightly or something. I had taken the turret off before to take a look, o ring etc looked fine to me. Decided to try one more time, backed the screw out a couple turns so there was a little slack in the cap and wiggled while I pulled back on it, almost to the point I thought I was gonna break something, but it popped loose. Moves in and out easily now and clicks feel solid when unlocked. Thanks again for the replies, greatly appreciated!!!

Probably got a little vacuum effect on it due to the tight seal. Glad you got it fixed.

Anyone with this scope running Tenebraex covers? I can’t figure out which one will fit the ocular side. The size from the LRHS is too large.

A 3-12 with the new glass and 1/4 mil holds (i like the donut of death for 100 yds and in off hand shots) would not hear any whining from me.

Would buy.
If 50mm obj, would be cool.
3-15 would not suck.

Reactions: echamp8
A 3-12 with the new glass and 1/4 mil holds (i like the donut of death for 100 yds and in off hand shots) would not hear any whining from me.

Would buy.
If 50mm obj, would be cool.
3-15 would not suck.
Why 1/4mil holds?I didn't think they had caught on?
I can't see help but think .2 is the way to go.

Otherwise agree 100%.

Reactions: powdahound76
Why 1/4mil holds?I didn't think they had caught on?
I can't see help but think .2 is the way to go.

Otherwise agree 100%.

The Bushnell g4 is 1/4 mil.
The XTR Pro from Burris has one.

Having shot that and .2 holds, both work.
.25 is quick n easy.
At least for me. 🤷‍♂️
Disclaimer (I am a hillbilly and suck at shooting)

Ugh, 0.25 mil graduations with 0.1 mil adjustments really bothers my OCD.
I know it shouldn't really matter but I think that ballistic data being .1mil is what bothers me most.

Sure it doesn't take much mental gymnastics to work out, just seems unnecessary.

I've built & sold four 6XC field/coyote calling rifles for myself, and wound up selling the first three of them because customers saw & liked their looks in Manners T3 stocks. Only problem was, they always wanted to buy those rifles WITH the Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18x44 scopes I had put on them. Not knowing when or if I'd be able to get another one of these scopes, I refused to sell the latest one I had when I sold the 3rd M700-based rifle, and instead held onto it for use on the latest iteration of this rifle form (this one built on an Aero Precision Solus action in a Manners EH1A stock). Nice to know that - at least for now - GA has them in stock again...

Attachments

• DSC_0479.JPG
    DSC_0479.JPG
    406.9 KB · Views: 56
I have never hunted but plan on starting this year. I am getting a custom hunting rifle built (first custom, excited to pick it up in two weeks). The rifle is going to weight 6.2 pounds and I need a scope for this rifle.

I have a gen 1 bushnell lrhsi which I really like on a rifle , I also have a nightforce atacr 4-16x42 F1 on another rifle. Yesterday I compared the scopes side by side and to me , the atacr glass was noticeably better.

So, my question is how does the glass in the gen 2 bushnell lrhsi compare to the atacr? Not sure if anyone compared the two side by side?

Also, is there any other scope recommendations for a hunting type rifle? Both of these scopes are on the heavier side. Is the weight penalty worth it over something like a vortex lht ? Thanks for any input.

I have never hunted but plan on starting this year. I am getting a custom hunting rifle built (first custom, excited to pick it up in two weeks). The rifle is going to weight 6.2 pounds and I need a scope for this rifle.

I have a gen 1 bushnell lrhsi which I really like on a rifle , I also have a nightforce atacr 4-16x42 F1 on another rifle. Yesterday I compared the scopes side by side and to me , the atacr glass was noticeably better.

So, my question is how does the glass in the gen 2 bushnell lrhsi compare to the atacr? Not sure if anyone compared the two side by side?

Also, is there any other scope recommendations for a hunting type rifle? Both of these scopes are on the heavier side. Is the weight penalty worth it over something like a vortex lht ? Thanks for any input.
Your ATACR will have much better glass than the LRHS2, but the glass is good enough to not hold you back in hunting situations, imo. The real downside of the ATACR is the reticles are not suitable for low magnification without illumination, and can even be a bit tough with it (I’m also not a big fan of the LHT reticle, but like NF it isn’t unusable).

My 3 main hunting rifles have LRHS, LRHS, and LRHS2 for glass, largely because there are so few FFP options with reticles usable on minimum power. I don’t like to rely on illumination for hunting. It’s nice to have as an option, it shouldn’t be a necessity.

Weight is a personal thing, but under 8# all in and recoil can get to be an issue. Most hunters choose big calibers and light rifles; they have no chance of spotting their own impacts. I’ve taken my 11# creed elk hunting in the mountains and aoudad hunting in Texas. 10-12 mile days suck, but it’s doable. It’s much easier to steady and see impacts with. You have to decide what trade-offs are worth it, there’s no free lunch here.

Your ATACR will have much better glass than the LRHS2, but the glass is good enough to not hold you back in hunting situations, imo. The real downside of the ATACR is the reticles are not suitable for low magnification without illumination, and can even be a bit tough with it (I’m also not a big fan of the LHT reticle, but like NF it isn’t unusable).

My 3 main hunting rifles have LRHS, LRHS, and LRHS2 for glass, largely because there are so few FFP options with reticles usable on minimum power. I don’t like to rely on illumination for hunting. It’s nice to have as an option, it shouldn’t be a necessity.

Weight is a personal thing, but under 8# all in and recoil can get to be an issue. Most hunters choose big calibers and light rifles; they have no chance of spotting their own impacts. I’ve taken my 11# creed elk hunting in the mountains and aoudad hunting in Texas. 10-12 mile days suck, but it’s doable. It’s much easier to steady and see impacts with. You have to decide what trade-offs are worth it, there’s no free lunch here.

Thanks for that reply! People I know that hunt kept saying to get a larger caliber. I went with a 6.5 creedmoor (I mostly shoot 6 creedmoor but already reload for 6.5 ). I have larger calibers but in heavier guns with breaks or suppressor on to reduce recoil. So, I did not want a gun that i would not like to practice with.

I will have to take the scopes out again and pay attention to the reticle on lower power. When i shoot with those optics i am pretty much on 12x on the bushnell and 13x on the atacr, never shot either on less than 8x. But again that was shooting steel targets painted white.

Another question, I also have a fixed 10x schmidt bender pmii. It has great glass (better than the atacr to my eyes) and weights 20 oz I believe. Is that something worth considering for hunting or having the lower power is more important for hunting?

Preach.

Reactions: lash and Basher
Thanks for that reply! People I know that hunt kept saying to get a larger caliber. I went with a 6.5 creedmoor (I mostly shoot 6 creedmoor but already reload for 6.5 ). I have larger calibers but in heavier guns with breaks or suppressor on to reduce recoil. So, I did not want a gun that i would not like to practice with.

I will have to take the scopes out again and pay attention to the reticle on lower power. When i shoot with those optics i am pretty much on 12x on the bushnell and 13x on the atacr, never shot either on less than 8x. But again that was shooting steel targets painted white.

Another question, I also have a fixed 10x schmidt bender pmii. It has great glass (better than the atacr to my eyes) and weights 20 oz I believe. Is that something worth considering for hunting or having the lower power is more important for hunting?

Those 10x S&B’s are great scopes. If you want less magnification for close shots piggyback an RMR on top and you’ve got a 1x for close stuff or that you can use to put your target in your sight picture and move to the magnified optic to take the shot.

I would personally get used to shooting on lower powers for most hunting scenarios, as it can be impossible to get into a stable position with perfect NPA, meaning if you’re on 10x+, you will probably lose the animal in recoil. This isn’t so much an issue when hunting long range, but you never know what opportunities will come.

I take most of my hunting shots on 5-7x, give or take depending on range. I wouldn’t consider a fixed 10 power, but I’m sure for some hunters’ style and terrain it’s fine.

Your 6.5 creed will kill anything you need to if you pick your bullet and shot placement well. The idea that diameter is somehow a measure of killing ability still persists amongst hunters, but it’s mostly nonsense.

I would personally get used to shooting on lower powers for most hunting scenarios, as it can be impossible to get into a stable position with perfect NPA, meaning if you’re on 10x+, you will probably lose the animal in recoil. This isn’t so much an issue when hunting long range, but you never know what opportunities will come.

I take most of my hunting shots on 5-7x, give or take depending on range. I wouldn’t consider a fixed 10 power, but I’m sure for some hunters’ style and terrain it’s fine.

Your 6.5 creed will kill anything you need to if you pick your bullet and shot placement well. The idea that diameter is somehow a measure of killing ability still persists amongst hunters, but it’s mostly nonsense.

So, I spent some time today with the atacr 4-16 next to the bushnell lrhsi. I turned the magnification way down to compare and the reticle was clearly more visible in the bushnell. The night for reticle was much harder to pick up looking at the tree line. The bushnell reticle is perfect at 8x (for me) and pretty easy to pic up at lower power as well.

Since you have the gen 1 and a gen 2 bushnell, is the gen2 noticeably better glass?

Yep. I thought my 3-12s were optically a little nicer than the LRTS 4.5-18 I had, and the LRHS2 is a significant step up from them. I don’t have anything to really compare it to anymore, but I do remember expecting my buddy’s NX8 4-32 to blow my LRHS2 away, and we both decided that was not the case. I also would not expect perfect consistency from example to example at this price point; I’ve only looked through two LRHS2s.