• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New March-FX 4.5-28X52 HM WA

The scope did everything it was asked to do through some pretty unforgiving conditions. Rain, sleet, and snow had no negative effect on the optic. There really were no surprises with the scope. Mechanically it is as robust as anything I have ever used. Optically it is in the discussion of top end optics. I have compared it to all the common high end names and the only scope that is IMO “better” is the TT. Keep in mind the TT is a lot bigger. March is working on some updates and modifications that will make this scope even better. They also have some other things coming in 2021. My only real complaint is the eyebox is slightly less forgiving than some others. I believe this is due to the extreme short scope length. Attatched is a pic of a larger diameter turret for older eyes.

Attachments

• 3DD5CBE8-C06C-48CF-80BF-DC338C3666B5.jpeg
    3DD5CBE8-C06C-48CF-80BF-DC338C3666B5.jpeg
    475.1 KB · Views: 277
Is that a custom turret by special order?
Can they do larger turrets like that without having to send in the scope?
Thats the next scope I'm buying but since you mentioned new updates I'll wait before I pull the trigger on it.
Thank you,
Elmer

I believe it will be available for the scope non special order. You do not send the scope, the larger turret just sits over the top of the smaller one. It is a super simple attachment.

I believe it will be available for the scope non special order. You do not send the scope, the larger turret just sits over the top of the smaller one. It is a super simple attachment.
I like that as my eyes aren't what they were once.
Hope they offer it for a few of their models.
Elmer

No issues with the much talked about parralax/focus sensitivity?
They have not shipped the production models of the 4.5-28x52, what arob has and what I had were pre-production units to give them feedback. March is hoping to ship from Japan by end of January for February delivery. Once I get mine I will report back, they are reworking the gears for parallax to make it more usable within the common PRS ranges and they are reworking the glass to perform better at extremes of elevation. Sounds like arob got the new turret for his, I’m curious if the new scope will have “replaced” turrets or if they’ll all be slip on design. Anxious to see the new scope and how the upgrades will play out.

Is that a custom turret by special order?
Can they do larger turrets like that without having to send in the scope?
Thats the next scope I'm buying but since you mentioned new updates I'll wait before I pull the trigger on it.
Thank you,
Elmer
If you order now you will get the upgraded scope, the previous scopes are pre-production units, all orders will ship as production units with the upgrades.

Reactions: Denys
According to the March website, the production model has been refined as wjm308 wrote above, based on feedback from the field. They will include a modifier disk, a middle focus wheel, the slip on elevation dial pictured above, sunshade, scope caps that lock when open and a few other gizmos.

This scope is new technology and it was tested extensively and March took the results to heart. You can order right now, knowing you will get a model with the refinements and the accessories listed. You will not be shorted and I can assure you the pent-up demand is strong.

The large elevation dial is really neat, very well done, and it fits better than driving gloves, but because humans are involved, not everyone will want this large dial, so for these folks, they can simply not install it.

I am looking for a high end scope in this power range. The advice that keeps coming up on this forum is to go with the reticle that you like best when you are considering alpha glass. I really like the FML-TR1 and the FML 3 reticles when compared to the mpct2 or the Gen 2XR reticles.

When I review the Deon website, this scope has no mention of being a 'highmaster'. They only label the Genesis and the March 10-60x56 as high master.

Can anyone confirm that the 4.5-28X52 (wide angle) indeed has the high master lens system?

Thanks.

Steve

But there is no mention of it here:
It's interesting that there are no words "high master" on this page too: https://marchscopes.com/scopes/d42hv56wfiml/ but I can confirm that those words can be found on scope's body and in the manual that comes with it.

Anyway, I would be very surprised if the 4.5-28x52 does not have high master lenses but it's better if someone can actually confirm that it's a high master model.

I can confirm the 4.5-28x52 is a High Master scope, it is written on the scope body itself (I’ll send a picture once I get home), and March has confirmed this. I am hopefully getting the production model next month and will provide updates.

Reactions: RayDBonz
Thanks for the reassurance. I also emailed March (before I go crazy and place an order).

Deon optical corp is offering a 20% shotshow onlinr discount from jan 18th to the 24th i saw it in facebook page of marchscopes.ca I'm from canada.
Trying to attach a screenshot but cant serm to do it. But i can send it to someone by email if you pm me.
I also think it doesnt only apply to canada.
Elmer

I received a response from March:

Mari Morita <[email protected]>​

1:58 AM (5 hours ago)
to STEVE, info

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your interest in our scope.
Below are included in the scope.
You can see the included items at the bottom of the product page.
https://marchscopes.com/scopes/d28hv52wfiml/

Flip Caps (Objective and Eyepiece)
Sunshade
Lens Cloth
MD disk
Middle focus wheel
Engraved Large dial
Fast lever
Battery (CR2032)
Hex key

You are correct. This 4.5-28x52 does assemble a High Master lens system.
Super ED lenses combined with other lenses are assembled in this scope
and it is the same as the High Master lens system.

Below is an article explaining the characteristics of each scope.
You may gain a better understanding of scopes from this article.
https://marchscopes.com/news/6731/
4.5-28x52 and 5-42x56 are wide angle designs and very compact compared with other similar magnification scopes.
Therefore in order to reinforce the IQ of the compact scope, the High Master lens system is assembled.

High Master lens system is to explain what kind of lens we use.
It is true that 4.5-28x52 has the best IQ among our mid class FFP scopes
but some people may assume that a scope with a High master lens system has the same IQ compared even with our other large class High master scopes.
For scopes(4.5-28x52 wide angle and 5-42x56 wide angle) we used a High Master lens system in order to reinforce IQ,
I changed the wording to Super ED lenses in the product page in order to clear misunderstandings.
But now that I understand that it has led to misunderstanding as well, I have added the High Master lens system on our website.
I apologize for the confusion. Scope will be engraved with a High Master logo.

Our normal build time is about 1 month and it will be shipped.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Thank you!

Kindest regards,
Mari Morita

MARCH SCOPES- Deon Optical Design Corporation
4802-2 Miyagawa, Chino-shi, Nagano-ken, 391-0013 Japan

Official Global Website https://marchscopes.com/
Official Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/MarchScopes/

We will be closed on the following days due to national holidays.
February 11th and 23rd

Reactions: gnochi and rydah
I'm still curious how you get the 20%. You cannot order from Deon/March website. Is the discount a code offered through their listed distributors?
I would asume its through a usa march scope distributor, thats the way i will order through my dealer in Canada.
Elmer

Reactions: khuber84
Long Range Supply has the best prices I’ve seen on March. But if you have a favorite dealer who has March it’s always worth a phone call to ask if they can match or beat competitor pricing.

Last edited:
Reactions: chase723
From one of their dealers:

"I need to correct some information. It turns out that a March dealer publicly posted the sale information on the facebook page without permission from Deon Optical. To clarify, this was not supposed to be a publicly offered sale sponsored by Deon Optical but rather a special offer to the dealers and they could do with the short term price discounts what they wanted, plus they were authorized to drop the price below the normal 10% off MAP pricing to as low as 20% off, just for the duration of the special pricing time frame if they wanted to. It is not something being promoted through all March dealers."

The US MSRP for the illuminated model is $3590. The posted price of $3231 reflects the 'standard' 10% below MSRP pricing authorized by Deon Optical - the MAP in other words.

Reactions: Glassaholic
I'm considering the 3-24×52 and the 4.5-28×52 for my long range hunting rifle.
Has anyone compared the two optically?
Id like a good eye box for spotting my own shots

Confused about the FOV being better or bigger than the 3x24? The 4.5x28 says it has 29.1ft at 100yards and the 3x24 has 35ft at 100yards. So is it wider or just seems wider confused???
Thanks,
Elmer

Confused about the FOV being better or bigger than the 3x24? The 4.5x28 says it has 29.1ft at 100yards and the 3x24 has 35ft at 100yards. So is it wider or just seems wider confused???
Thanks,
Elmer
The difference is that the FOV will be wider for the same magnification. So the 3-24x52 at 4.5x will have narrower FOV than the 4.5-28 at 4.5x, that is what khuber is referring to.

I have used both scopes but not at the same time. From experience I can tell you the 3-24x52 has more finicky eyebox and parallax than the 4.5-28, it's not bad as the 3-24x52 is a really nice scope and I never found the eyebox to be an issue when I had proper cheek weld. That being said the 4.5-28x52 is going to offer a little more freedom. If you really need the 35' FOV at the bottom end of the 3-24 then that might be the way to go, I will also say the 3-24 above 20x struggles a bit, so I tend to think of the scope as more a 3-20 scope. At 3x there is some edge distortion whereas the 4.5-28 has very minimal edge distortion at 4.5x.

You cant compare a 3x fov to a 4.5x, they have to be compared at equal mag. A ZCO 4-20 has 28' fov @ 4X, the march has 29.1 @ 4.5X, in the March 4.5-28 thread there a FOV photos up against a TT or ZCO 5-27 and the FOV of the March smokes it. It's all in the wide angle eye piece they use. March has great optical engineers and this shows that they're ahead of the curve once again in some new innovation.
Thank you for the explanation.
Elmer

The difference is that the FOV will be wider for the same magnification. So the 3-24x52 at 4.5x will have narrower FOV than the 4.5-28 at 4.5x, that is what khuber is referring to.

I have used both scopes but not at the same time. From experience I can tell you the 3-24x52 has more finicky eyebox and parallax than the 4.5-28, it's not bad as the 3-24x52 is a really nice scope and I never found the eyebox to be an issue when I had proper cheek weld. That being said the 4.5-28x52 is going to offer a little more freedom. If you really need the 35' FOV at the bottom end of the 3-24 then that might be the way to go, I will also say the 3-24 above 20x struggles a bit, so I tend to think of the scope as more a 3-20 scope. At 3x there is some edge distortion whereas the 4.5-28 has very minimal edge distortion at 4.5x.
Thanks it sounds like the 4.5-28 might be the way to go
Is the image clarity sharp at max magnification as well, and overall is the glass noticeably better than the 3-24?

Do you see the new 4.5-28 to be at or near the top the class for a crossover do it all optic, hunting and target work?
That is always a difficult thing to answer because we all have personal preferences. What I can say is that the pre-production unit I had was really nice optically and mechanically and the FML-TR1 is my favorite crossover reticle. March sent the scope to numerous users all over the world, ILya has one right now in fact, and they've received feedback from all of us and have taken our recommendations to heart. The production version which is supposed to ship at the end of this month will have re-worked glass, updated illumination module, updated turret shroud (larger diameter and bigger numbering) and reworked parallax gearing to improve upon the pre-production model. I am very anxious to get the production model and see how much more the overall optical/mechanical performance is vs. the pre-production unit. If March has indeed improved in these areas, I have little doubt this will be one of my top recommended crossover scopes, but until I actually see and use the new production model I hesitate to make any recommendations.

Reactions: khuber84
Thanks it sounds like the 4.5-28 might be the way to go
Is the image clarity sharp at max magnification as well, and overall is the glass noticeably better than the 3-24?
I really can't answer that until the production model is here.

Been eyeing the AMG for awhile, may have to add this to the list.
It is definitely worth checking out. The Vortex AMG is an outstanding scope and does everything well within its design, but at 6x on the bottom end I know a lot of crossover shooters would like a little more FOV. The 4.5-28 has impressive FOV, widest FOV of any scope I know of on the market right now except for maybe the March 5-42x56 HM, I can see these wide angle eye pieces being looked into more and more. The Burris XTR III line is another that has impressive FOV and the new Leica PRS as well so it's nice to see other manufacturers addressing this.

Ordered the FML-TR1.
It’ll sit on a Vudoo.
Now’s the time to order if anyone’s on the fence, I don’t think the 20% discount will last.

I jumped on a 4.5-28. I had a 2.5-25x42 a while back and really liked the size and glass. But it had a few short comings too, hopefully this new model addresses those.

I was trying to find the best possible scope to reach 1,000yd clearly while staying under 30oz and FFP. Quality being #1 priority.
Was considering the Vortex AMG, NF N8 4-32, but ultimately settled on the March 4.5-28. Fingers crossed i don’t regret. Going on a 16” 6.5CM.

Reactions: YotaEer
I was trying to find the best possible scope to reach 1,000yd clearly while staying under 30oz and FFP. Quality being #1 priority.
Was considering the Vortex AMG, NF N8 4-32, but ultimately settled on the March 4.5-28. Fingers crossed i don’t regret. Going on a 16” 6.5CM.

i currently have an AMG but would be curious to hear what everyone thinks about this March 4.5-28

You will not be disappointed, think of the March 4.5-28 as a blend of both those scopes but with considerably better FOV.

Does anyone know if they fixed the finicky parallax from the previous generations? This scope looks amazing but not if it has that supper sensitive parallax. If it has S&B US or Kahles parallax then im sold.

What rings/mount would you suggest for this scope? This will be mated to a Tacops Xray 51.