• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New member / first bolt gun. UPDATED.

madAB

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2011
SE PA
I've been lurking this website for a month or so while building (or assembling) my first bolt gun. I used this site for a lot of info and decision making. Here is a list of what I ended up with. I have yet to take it to the range. I'll get pictures soon. (pictures added below)

<span style="font-weight: bold">Remington 700 SPS tactical aac-sd.</span>
-<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Bell & Carlson A3 stock grey w/ black web</span> - McMillan A5 75% OD 25% black
-Seekins precision 20 moa base
-Seekins precision low rings
-Bushnell elite 4200 3-12x44 scope.
--Added Bipod

Now I just need to learn how to shoot past 100 yards.

Re: New member / first bolt gun.

Just bought a stock AAC-sd from another member here ,,, Looking forward to upgrades down the road ,,, Ill be content for now with groveling over yours ,, When i finally get to see it ,,,

Welcome but
pichers1.jpg

^^^ how come I never get tired of seeing this?

Thanks for the comments guys. I'll hopefully get it to the range next week.

Here are some pictures.

IMG_1913.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1915.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 338AX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good looking stick. </div></div>

Thank you.

Yes, definitely a sweet looking stick. You'll love the stock, got the same one on my Remmy but in green.

she looks puuurty.

Thanks guys. I was hoping to take it out next Sunday but that might not fit plans. I guess I should order some ammo. I have not found anything decent at any local gun shops. I'm thinking of starting with Federal Gold Metal Match 175gr. What are your guys' thoughts?

Well, It has changed already. I wasn't completely happy with the stock so I snagged a different one (thanks JW precision). I also added a Harris 6-9 S-BRM bipod.

IMG_1916.jpg

Good call on the change of stocks ,,, Nice rig man

umm, isn't the A5 mcmillan and the B&C A series like identical?

what didn't you like on the B&C that you like on the mcmillan dude? they're very close to each other!

The A5 Mcm and A5 B&C have their differences. The front of the stocks are fat and square on the B&C and more rounded on the McM. Other people can describe in more detail. I have the B&C A5 and I like it just fine. Could do w/o the fat, square part though.

Re: New member / first bolt gun. UPDATED.

what a sexy lady you got there! good call on the McM stock. you can always count on John at JW precision. im sure she shoots as good as she looks. =)

The Mcmillan has a higher cheek weld, it is stiffer, and the fit and finish is by far superior. I think the B&C is a great budget option but, I just knew personally I would not be satisfied in the long run. The B&C has a rough texture to it that I could tell was going to bug me and just made it feel a little cheap to me.

The Mcmillan has a great finish, it more stiff, and has flush cups incase I decide to get a sling. It also is a bit more of a pistol grip with a better relief area for my thumb. Overall is just looks nicer and has a more substantial feel to it.