• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New member - my new .338 - searching for loads

Big_Bullseye

Private
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2011
Franklin County, Missouri
Hello all. I am new to this forum and I wanted to introduce myself and see if I could find some good loads to start with on my Savage FCP110 - HS Precision. I pretty much have everything I need to load up some rounds, Lapua brass, Sierra 250 & 300 SMK's and some 250GR Lapua Scenars. Just got my dies and just need my LS "jaws" for my Forster and I will be cranking out some loads.

Anyway I plan on shooting some steel at my 1000 yard range and I wanted to see if anyone else has the FCP 110 and what has worked for them. Anyway I am an avid rifle shooter and hunter and have a good number of centerfires. I am new to long range shooting and I have been shooting my FCP10-HS .308 and my Savage LRPV 6mmBR at 800 yards and I am hooked. Lots of fun. Me and my boys (3 of them, 18 and two 9 year olds) go prairie doggin every year in Nebraska.

Anyway the three rifles I listed above happen to be my only Savages. I have a number of Coopers, Winchesters, Custom Remingtons and Tikkas etc etc... Got turned on to the Savages after ignoring them for a number of years and I am hooked.

Here are my Savages

338Lapua007.jpg

338Lapua009.jpg

FCP003.jpg

CenterfireRifles007.jpg

Re: New member - my new .338 - searching for loads

This post # has a lot of info on different loads. i am not sure how to get to that post # but there are 4 pages
of " favorite" .338 loads.
Looking into trying some of the 250 Scenars for my rifle.