• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New member, Old shooter questions

groundhogbuster

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2012
Western NC
Hey guys, I've read many threads for years on this forum, and have done several T&E's on others, and decided to join up.

I used to shoot "Bolt only" for my accurate BR, and Varmint rigs for many years, then purchased a RRA Var A4, and was amazed at the 100yd results. To make a very long story short, I just got back into Bolt guns again, and don't own any Custom Built Bolt rigs anymore, but traded on a 700 VSSSF II in 22/250, and just a cpl days ago traded an AR for a SPS Varmint in .243, that badly needs a stock. I was considering Pac Nor to do a complete action and brrl job, and buy an HSP Police stock to get a tack driver back in my hands. Anyone have history with them, or can recommend someone within the same price range? (Approx $600) and 20 weeks out. This is not including a stock of course.

Re: New member, Old shooter questions

Can't answer your question, but did want to welcome you aboard!

Regards from Paul in Arizona

Thanks for all the replies guys. I can see this is a serious forum, that actually wants to aid other shooters in the sport, other than just tell them "what junk they have". I have a NIB Weaver Tactical in FFP 3-15x50, that seems like its good glass, as I usually only shoot USO, Leupold, Nightforce, Trijicon. But when I went to mount it I had a set of Talley Tactical rings and a Warne steel picatinny base, and the Talley's are gonna be too high, and I tried the PRI interm. height, and it still seems too high. (about 3/8th off the tube) and not as comfy as my DNZ on the SVSSF II. Looks like I need to find some rings again, except this time I'm pinching pennies. Awesome forum though.

try Bugholes, Greg is a fantastic guy to deal with. His customer service is 1st class.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: groundhogbuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Thanks for all the replies guys. I can see this is a serious forum, that actually wants to aid other shooters in the sport, other than just tell them "what junk they have". I have a NIB Weaver Tactical in FFP 3-15x50, that seems like its good glass, as I usually only shoot USO, Leupold, Nightforce, Trijicon. But when I went to mount it I had a set of Talley Tactical rings and a Warne steel picatinny base, and the Talley's are gonna be too high, and I tried the PRI interm. height, and it still seems too high. (about 3/8th off the tube) and not as comfy as my DNZ on the SVSSF II. Looks like I need to find some rings again, except this time I'm pinching pennies. Awesome forum though.</div></div>
Linky Try this Optics section this will give you lots of details for the information that you are looking for.