• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Meopta Scope - Optika6

I have seen that picture, and this PDF was also posted on page 11 of this thread. I would like to know which one is correct. I think it would be great if the center was open.

Attachments

• Zplus RD_sup 06-12-2019.pdf
    61.6 KB · Views: 120
Got this from meopta.

Not sure about this
I'm quoting this, because jjrgr21, says it came from Meopta. This is where the PDF I posted came from.
If anyone has one of these. I would really like to know if the center of the reticle is actually open.

Just saw this on CameraLand.
I am not related to them, nor do I work for them, but have read on here that they have fairly good prices. Clicked on wrong one; they have one avail for $749.95 w/ SKU 653585 and an MPN of 653585; the above link should be correct one, now. You might want to try calling & telling them you are a member of SnipersHide; maybe they will give you a discount. Can't hurt.
Thank you BroncoMustang, I did contact these guys.

I'm quoting this, because jjrgr21, says it came from Meopta. This is where the PDF I posted came from.
If anyone has one of these. I would really like to know if the center of the reticle is actually open.
I gave you a link that takes you directly to the meopta reticles page. It has pictures of all of them. Just click on the one that you want to see.

How do these Meoptas compare with the more affordable offerings from Steiner (p4xi & T series)? Thanks

Alright, who's gonna send me one to make a lever/parallax wheel? :D
That one might be a hard sell since some come with a throw lever already. But, if you want to pay for insured shipping both ways and send two throw levers I'll send you one of mine. I have the 4.5-27x50 model.

I bought two, both the same and am really happy with the purchase. Mine have the 4D dichro and it is perfect for my intended use. The dot in the center is small but that's what I wanted. The xhairs to change color depending on the light conditions and background, again, that's what I wanted. Clicks are very audible and strong. Parallax goes down to 25 yards. Elevation turret is lockable, windage is not and both can be reset to zero.

IMG_20191228_152416.jpg

IMG_20191228_173737.jpg

IMG_20191228_173721.jpg

Reactions: bman940
That one might be a hard sell since some come with a throw lever already. But, if you want to pay for insured shipping both ways and send two throw levers I'll send you one of mine. I have the 4.5-27x50 model.

I bought two, both the same and am really happy with the purchase. Mine have the 4D dichro and it is perfect for my intended use. The dot in the center is small but that's what I wanted. The xhairs to change color depending on the light conditions and background, again, that's what I wanted. Clicks are very audible and strong. Parallax goes down to 25 yards. Elevation turret is lockable, windage is not and both can be reset to zero.

View attachment 7212130

View attachment 7212131

View attachment 7212132

I'll counter with my typical free insured shipment back to you along with a free lever attached :)

Whether it's a cheapo or a Tangent, I always offer the same deal and don't want someone else who paid shipping to me and then bought another lever, etc to feel left out

Reactions: jafo96
Thoroughly impressed with the 2.5-15x I got. Only complaint I have is the magnification ring is so bulky it’s going to force me to move up from my Low Talley lightweights on my hunting rifle.

Reactions: bman940
I can help you out with your missing throw lever, you just have to reach out to me so we can get you taken care of ASAP.
I just got this beast and can't wait to get it dialed in and aired out. 34mm tube will be perfect for my Seekins Precision 34mm rings.

Attachments

• 5-30x56.png
    5-30x56.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 96
Thoroughly impressed with the 2.5-15x I got. Only complaint I have is the magnification ring is so bulky it’s going to force me to move up from my Low Talley lightweights on my hunting rifle.
I know what you mean. When I first mounted mine on the above Bergara B-14r I thought to myself, "I could probably get that lower", then after working the high bolt throw I said nope it will have to stay where it is but it's not a bad thing anyway.

Anyone else get a chance to play with the 5-30x56? Been considering one especially for the price with the MIL/LEO discount.

Last edited:
Have you weighed the 2.5-15? Interested in this model but i see conflicting info regarding the weight of this optic. If possible could you post up here how many oz yours clocks in at?

Anyone else get a chance to play with the 5-30x56? Been considering one especially for the price with the MIL/LEO discount.
If you don't mind having non-locking windage I'd say it's pretty hard to beat for the price. The glass is just so nice to look through. And so far the elevation turret has been dead on and repeatable for me

Reactions: slkzic and wb00757
If you don't mind having non-locking windage I'd say it's pretty hard to beat for the price. The glass is just so nice to look through. And so far the elevation turret has been dead on and repeatable for me
I'm back to looking at a 5-30 vs another Ares ETR. Has anyone been behind both? I still can't get over the locking elevation and uncapped/unlocked windage just because it makes no sense to me but I could deal with it.

Reactions: wb00757
I finally saved up enough pennies for a "real" scope and I'm stuck between the 5-30x56 Optika and the 5-25 MPO. Has anybody gotten to see both of these and what are your thoughts???? I haven't been able to find any comparisons......

They would be pretty close in price after buying a sun shade and caps for the Optika.... I'm more concerned with build quality and tracking than optical performance. The extra 5x magnification would be nice, but Brownells warranty...

Last edited:
Have you weighed the 2.5-15? Interested in this model but i see conflicting info regarding the weight of this optic. If possible could you post up here how many oz yours clocks in at?
Mine weighed in at 25 ounces. Was hoping it would be closer to 22.

Reactions: Millron
I'm back to looking at a 5-30 vs another Ares ETR. Has anyone been behind both? I still can't get over the locking elevation and uncapped/unlocked windage just because it makes no sense to me but I could deal with it.

They are pretty close in terms of optical performance. I think My Optika6 has a slight edge, but it could be sample variation. I just sent both to a friend of mine to take a look at, so it will be interesting to see how they stack up for him.

So far, the only feedback I got is that he likes the reticle in the Optika 6 more.

ILya

Reactions: slkzic and wb00757
They are pretty close in terms of optical performance. I think My Optika6 has a slight edge, but it could be sample variation. I just sent both to a friend of mine to take a look at, so it will be interesting to see how they stack up for him.

So far, the only feedback I got is that he likes the reticle in the Optika 6 more.

ILya

Tough decision. I've had an ETR and I know it tracks. Bigjimfish's review of the Optika6 gave me some concern over the slight adjustment play in the elevation turret and the lash in the side focus but all-in-all those didn't seem like huge problems to me, just things to be aware of.

Reactions: wb00757 and slkzic
I got my hands on a 3-18x56 Rd 1 mrad today. I was extremely impressed (I have no experience with quality optics though so take that with a grain of salt)

-This optic is a chunk, but not in a bad way in my opinion. It felt very "premium".
-Turrets felt just about right to me and I did not notice any slop at all. All markings lined up perfectly.
- very nice reticle that was actually visible at 3x yet nice and precise at 18x.
-Glass looked phenomenal to my eyes.....
-Rubberized rings on controls felt better than I expected

All in all I was very impressed. I recently got to play with a brand new PST II and I was kind of dissapointed. I feel like you get a lot of scope for the money with the Optika 6.
I still don't know if I'm going to end up with the Optika or an MPO, but I'm starting to lean towards the Optika...

Reactions: slkzic
I got my hands on a 3-18x56 Rd 1 mrad today. I was extremely impressed (I have no experience with quality optics though so take that with a grain of salt)

-This optic is a chunk, but not in a bad way in my opinion. It felt very "premium".
-Turrets felt just about right to me and I did not notice any slop at all. All markings lined up perfectly.
- very nice reticle that was actually visible at 3x yet nice and precise at 18x.
-Glass looked phenomenal to my eyes.....
-Rubberized rings on controls felt better than I expected

All in all I was very impressed. I recently got to play with a brand new PST II and I was kind of dissapointed. I feel like you get a lot of scope for the money with the Optika 6.
I still don't know if I'm going to end up with the Optika or an MPO, but I'm starting to lean towards the Optika...
Where did you find one? I’ve been looking for a 3-18 Mrad for almost a month now.

I read bigJimfish’s review and my 4.5-27x mrad doesn’t have the play in the turret. I wonder if meopta fixed this problem. This scope is brand new not even mounted yet. I just got it this morning.
Really nice optic, I’m glad I chose it.

@SCGunner84
It was at Kenzie's optics just north of Acworth, GA. They had 2 of the 3-18x56mm MRAD 1 RD with the capped windage.
https://www.kenziesoptics.com/product/meopta-optika6-3-18x56-ffp-mrad-rd-riflescope/

For some reason they don't have the price on the side but I think they said $750 (whatever they are everywhere else). BUT they are offering 10% off your first scope purchase!
Thanks for the info! However when I go to their site there’s no add to cart option ??‍♂️?. I definitely would like to pick one up, might have to give them a call tomorrow.

I finally went and ordered a 3-18 MRAD-1. The 15% off code made it a no-brainer for me. It's going one of my AR's that has been scopeless for too long. I'm looking forward to testing it out.

I'm in Canada, and the only retailer carrying Meopta, have them on special order. I'm a little hesitant to buy an optic unseen and with such few reviews on it. Does anyone have any experience with any of the 1-6 models yet?

i’ll be curious to see what the consensous on this is....
I have one, mine is the 3-18x50 FFP Dichrotech 4D. It’s very smooth and the image is excellent. But if you damage anything like the windage turret like I did because I have a custom Remington 700 that ejects up into the windage turret and you need to replace it then tough luck. Their customer service is unreachable. If you call you’re promoted to leave a message and I’ve emailed them and got nothing back as of yet. I think customer service should be part of the package but maybe they’re trying it work out the kinks in the US based facility. Still waiting Meopta!

I have one, mine is the 3-18x50 FFP Dichrotech 4D. It’s very smooth and the image is excellent. But if you damage anything like the windage turret like I did because I have a custom Remington 700 that ejects up into the windage turret and you need to replace it then tough luck. Their customer service is unreachable. If you call you’re promoted to leave a message and I’ve emailed them and got nothing back as of yet. I think customer service should be part of the package but maybe they’re trying it work out the kinks in the US based facility. Still waiting Meopta!

That's not very confidence inspiring. I've been spoiled by Vortex and Athlon CS.

Hopefully the reps on here see this. I bought the 4.5-27 mrad. I bought it thinking I would be taken care of regarding any issues. I want to see how this plays out.,

Reactions: wb00757 and A-Rob
Hopefully the reps on here see this. I bought the 4.5-27 mrad. I bought it thinking I would be taken care of regarding any issues. I want to see how this plays out.,

I got a hold of someone today and he helped me out. Said he’d do it as a warranty replacement at no cost. But I have to wait for the turret to come from the Czech Republic so possibly one week wait he quoted. I’m very pleased because I really love this scope. I’ve owned a lot of scopes in this price range and this so far has been the best one in this class. Glass is very clear and parallax, zoom range, and focus eyepiece turn effortlessly and smooth. The turrets are easy to reset and although I wasn’t a huge fan of the aggressive styling and chunky elevation knob it’s really grown on me. Dichrotech looks very promising and I haven’t really gotten to test out all the different backgrounds to see the reticle color change yet but so far I like this scope a lot.

Attachments

• B40A463F-65AD-467A-B296-05C861D8285C.jpeg
    B40A463F-65AD-467A-B296-05C861D8285C.jpeg
    553.6 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
I got a hold of someone today and he helped me out. Said he’d do it as a warranty replacement at no cost. But I have to wait for the turret to come from the Czech Republic so possibly one week wait he quoted. I’m very pleased because I really love this scope. I’ve owned a lot of scopes in this price range and this so far has been the best one in this class. Glass is very clear and parallax, zoom range, and focus eyepiece turn effortlessly and smooth. The turrets are easy to reset and although I wasn’t a huge fan of the aggressive styling and chunky elevation knob it’s really grown on me. Dichrotech looks very promising and I haven’t really gotten to test out all the different backgrounds to see the reticle color change yet but so far I like this scope a lot.
That’s great! I had a feeling it may have been a back log problem from shot week last week. Had me worried for second though.

That’s great! I had a feeling it may have been a back log problem from shot week last week. Had me worried for second though.
That's not very confidence inspiring. I've been spoiled by Vortex and Athlon CS.

I like the Vortex scopes alot, I have owned a Razor Light Hunter and several PST Vipers Gen1’s in the past but I never kept them long. Not for any particular reason I just didn’t hold on to them...I can say the same about most of my Leupolds too. I don’t have any experience with the Athlons but alot of people are saying that they’re gtg! I’ll pretty much do anything NOT Chinese made. I mostly do Japanese ED glass and up from there. The Meopta is my first European scope but I don’t know where they’re sourcing their glass. I just bought a Zeiss V4 4-16x44 through Redhawk rifles as a Demo unit but don’t let that fool you, everyone is saying they’re pretty much just open box units with no handling marks of my kind for 30% to 40% off! So I’m excited about that.

Reactions: Gohring65
Has anyone tried the 1-6 yet? What’s the verdict on it vs the comparable viper 1-6?
I actually have their Meopta Optika6 1-6x24 Illuminated K-Dot2 30mm FFP Riflescope.
I think it’s a better optic overall in terms of mechanical feel. But I only had a Gen 1 PST Viper 1-6. The eye box is slightly better on the Optika6 too. But I’m sure it’s not quite apples to apples because the G1 Viper is much older. I bet the Gen II are much more improved I would imagine.

I actually have their Meopta Optika6 1-6x24 Illuminated K-Dot2 30mm FFP Riflescope.
I think it’s a better optic overall in terms of mechanical feel. But I only had a Gen 1 PST Viper 1-6. The eye box is slightly better on the Optika6 too. But I’m sure it’s not quite apples to apples because the G1 Viper is much older. I bet the Gen II are much more improved I would imagine.

I thought the Gen 1 vipers were all 1-4x and the Gen2 vipers are 1-6?

Same here.....I have been really rough on mine.....going into log barricades and pipe fences as a rookie hasn't been kind but always holds

Very feature-rich scope with Meopta glass for a good price. I think these scopes are a great Value. Meopta just needs to get their stuff together and possible cut down on some SKUs they don't need so they can focus on getting these things out in the wild.

Reactions: eveyoz