• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Meopta Scope - Optika6

Sample set of 1 here, but I picked up a 1-6 second hand and noticed that the entire ocular housing is loose and rotates about a 1/4 turn independently of the mag ring. Going to try and get in touch with Meopta USA and see what they say. Other than that, I'm going to reserve judgement.
Their customer service is unreachable. If you call you’re promoted to leave a message and I’ve emailed them and got nothing back as of yet. I think customer service should be part of the package but maybe they’re trying it work out the kinks in the US based facility. Still waiting Meopta!

Wanted to follow up on my experience. I got in touch with customer service at Meopta USA. They replaced my slightly defective unit (that I bought second hand as mentioned above) quickly, with no questions asked. I emailed erik.muller and he was very responsive. I am very satisfied with the interaction and Meopta has given me a lot of confidence in their aftermarket support of these units.

I've got the new optic mounted up and ready for a zero. In playing around with it at the house, so far it looks like it's going to be a really nice scope for the price point.

I got a 6-30x56 optika6 a couple of days ago. I've noticed that with mine the parallax knob is not only WAY off the markings (which isn't a big deal), but also goes far enough that it goes completely out of focus at the top end. It's like it's completely past the focal plane by the time it gets to the infinity marking. I've never seen this on any other scope, but I've never had a European scope either.

Is this normal for these scopes, for the parallax to go so far past the focal plane? I haven't put it in rings yet so I could still exchange it, but if this is normal then I'll just get used to it.

Other than that, the scope is very nice - the best one I currently have in my collection.

Reactions: Hunting2019
What other scopes do you have?

The ones with adjustable parallax:

Sig Tango 4 6-24x50
Bushnell Forge 3-18x50
Vortex Viper PA 6.5-20x50
Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16x44
Cabela's Covenant 7 3-21x50
Burris Droptine 4-14x42

I have others that are fixed parallax, notably the Weaver Tactical 3-10x40 (MidwayUSA special) which is a Japanese scope with really nice glass.

I've had others that I've sold in the past that I can't even remember right now. My question is based on experience with all those.

I have the 5-30 MRAD my windage does not lock....I have about 2200 rounds fired on mine....I have beaten the heck out of this scope and today during a short sight in on a new barrel the parallax rubber grip is really loose and spinning. It didn't take much for it to fall off. Not sure if I should glue it back on or what....I am really new to PRS so I'm still not as "smooth" as most so this thing has taken a beating...Love the scope though

Has anyone tried the 1-6 yet? What’s the verdict on it vs the comparable viper 1-6?
I have both the FFP and SFP 1-6 in MRAD2 and .223 reticles respectively. I actually prefer the SFP .223 model as it doesnt have the huge turrets and it is usable on 1x. The reticle @koshkin drew up for MRAD2 in the FFP 1-6 looks great on paper, but I feel like the execution was not there. Nearly unusable on 1x and very small even on 6x. To make it clear, the execution is not his fault. Ive had about every Optika 6 model and at this point my two favorites are the 1-6 SFP in .223 and the 3-18x56 FFP MRAD1, both are well worth more than you will pay for them and are close to complete. The 1-6 could still use brighter illumination but thats my only knock and at this price point, its expected. The 3-18x56 is really really good. I just don't think you will find a better scope at the price you will pay. The other larger magnifications are great as well, but I would have preferred capped/locking windage on those models and am partial to FFP reticles featuring some type of donut feature for quick acquisition at low power.

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200225144519667_COVER.jpg

Last edited:
I have both the FFP and SFP 1-6 in MRAD2 and .223 reticles respectively. I actually prefer the SFP .223 model as it doesnt have the huge turrets and it is usable on 1x. The reticle @koshkin drew up for MRAD2 in the FFP 1-6 looks great on paper, but I feel like the execution was not there. Nearly unusable on 1x and very small even on 6x. To make it clear, the execution is not his fault. Ive had about every Optika 6 model and at this point my two favorites are the 1-6 SFP in .223 and the 3-18x56 FFP MRAD1, both are well worth more than you will pay for them and are close to complete. The 1-6 could still use brighter illumination but thats my only knock and at this price point, its expected. The 3-18x56 is really really good. I just don't think you will find a better scope at the price you will pay. The other larger magnifications are great as well, but I would have preferred capped/locking windage on those models and am partial to FFP reticles featuring some type of donut feature for quick acquisition at low power.

View attachment 7263691

Can you take a "through the scope" picture? With that design you need fairly good illumination to work on low power.

ILya

View attachment 7263691
I have the 3-18x56 Mrad and haven’t got any time behind yet but just looking through it I find it very impressive for what you pay for it.

Can you take a "through the scope" picture? With that design you need fairly good illumination to work on low power.

ILya
I'll try to see if I can take a pic

ive had mine for an extremely short time(1week).
shot a match saturday with it.
pros (imo) :
it’s heavy duty, really clear, tracks great, illumination is good.
cons (imo) : windage doesn’t lock
(i was aware when i purchased, not a huge deal to me if you pay attention).
mrad 1RD reticle isn’t best for wind holds.
these are my personal opinions, every body is different.
I do really like this scope and will purchase another - without MRAD1

*my scope does have a twisted reticle and meopta is aware of the issue.
talked to them friday about repair or replacement.
customer service is important to me so my opinion of meopta may change if things go south.

Attachments

• 12BEAA3C-469F-4A72-B25E-680C448C41B0.jpeg
    12BEAA3C-469F-4A72-B25E-680C448C41B0.jpeg
    508.8 KB · Views: 140
ive had mine for an extremely short time(1week).
shot a match saturday with it.
pros (imo) :
it’s heavy duty, really clear, tracks great, illumination is good.
cons (imo) : windage doesn’t lock
(i was aware when i purchased, not a huge deal to me if you pay attention).
mrad 1RD reticle isn’t best for wind holds
these are my personal opinions, every body is different.
I do really like this scope and will purchase another - without MRAD1

*my scope does have a twisted reticle and meopta is aware of the issue.
talked to them friday about repair or replacement.
customer service is important to me so my opinion of meopta may change if things go south.
Twisted reticle? I haven’t heard of this issue. I take it the reticle issue level when the scope is level?

Thanks for the heads up. That's a standard stock item so if anyone needs one please give a call. $29.99 shipped for the members here

doug is there a better image of these reticles in these scopes? the 3-18 50 and 56 especially?

Thanks, I ordered a sunshade. What brand/size flip covers are you using?
The objective is a Butler Creek size 48. The ocular is a Monstrum 43-48mm that I got from Amazon. I really like the Monstrum cover, very similar to the Vortex defender covers but half the price. I've got a Vortex defender on order for the objective because the Monstrum cover is so easy to use that it makes the Butler Creek cover feel like a piece of junk. I had to go with the Vortex O-56 (62-66mm) because the biggest one Monstrum offers is 55-62mm and the objective outer diameter is 63.5mm on this scope.

Reactions: Pomyluy
Can anyone with a SFP 1-6 tell me how the brightness compares to a P4xi or a PST Gen 2?

Someone posted some first impressions over at ARFCOM a couple of months ago and mentioned the brightness is slightly less than a P4xi. I believe he said the Meopta is about "1 setting behind the P4xi" in terms of brightness.

I too would be interested to hear some more opinions on the 1-6. Very had to find any detailed thoughts on these scopes even though they've been around for quite a few months. At $400 ish street price, this seems like a strong competitor to the P4xi if the view on 1x is good and the illumination is decent.

Someone posted some first impressions over at ARFCOM a couple of months ago and mentioned the brightness is slightly less than a P4xi. I believe he said the Meopta is about "1 setting behind the P4xi" in terms of brightness.

I too would be interested to hear some more opinions on the 1-6. Very had to find any detailed thoughts on these scopes even though they've been around for quite a few months. At $400 ish street price, this seems like a strong competitor to the P4xi if the view on 1x is good and the illumination is decent.

I ordered a Tango6t 1-6 for a really good price, but I would still look at the Meopta for another rifle if more info was out there. I'll check the Ar15 archives. Thanks.

I'm currently selling a Tango 6, 3-18x44 Gen2 scope with a DEV-L MOA ret. Its just too darn heavy, and the eyebox to me sucks at 15-18 magnification. I'm really tempted to jump on an Optika 3-18 right now, with an MRAD ret. I made the mistake of looking at some landmarks this week with both the Tango and my S&B PMII, and I get now why German glass is raved about.

I know the Meopta isn't top tier, but the things you guys are saying make me feel like it won't be a step down from the Tango 6 it would replace (which granted isn't top tier either). Seems the Meopta over the Sig I will have better glass, better light gathering, and a much better eye-box with either the 50 or 56mm tubes. I can't find an MRAD anywhere in 50 mm so I may bite and get the 56 which is in stock.

The plan is to put the scope on either my lightweight 2A Creedmore build, or a POF 308. Let me know if you guys have any better recommendations, just wanting to plink and do some hunting with the scope. I actually hunt way more with ARs than I do bolt guns, call it a preference/comfort thing I guess.

Preference is strongly FFP with a Christmas reticle. I wish I could find a lighter scope, but it feels I compromise no matter what decision I make. The older I get the more my eyes need forgiving glass and a good eyebox.

Last edited:
Went ahead and ordered a 3-18x56 with Ilya's reticle. Pretty stoked. I still don't know which rifle to put it on. First world problems right?

Went ahead and ordered a 3-18x56 with Ilya's reticle. Pretty stoked. I still don't know which rifle to put it on. First world problems right?
That’s the MRAD RD correct? I asked the guy Erik from Meopta and he said the only one it’s available in is the 5-30x56 and that’s all I’ve seen on their site as well. Where did you find the 3-18 with the MRAD RD?

My memory could be failing me but didn't Ilya do both types of MRAD reticles? I wanted the one with the donut, as I may use this optic for hunting. I assume its the illuminated MRAD or whatever. The listing on Scopelist (Ty hooked me up) does say illuminated MRAD. I agree though I didn't think they made one on the 3-18 version without the donut of death. Guess I'll find out on Thursday when it arrives!

Here's the link for my order: https://www.scopelist.com/Meopta-Optika6-3-18x56-Illuminated-MRAD-30mm-FFP-Riflescope-653587.aspx.

Last edited:
Reactions: MudMuppet
On youtube Ilya called it the MRAD1, and said he designed it. Skip to 10:20 on the video.

20200414_114117_1586836661256_2.JPG

Just got the 5-30 last week. Its surprisingly good. If it wasnt up to the task it was destined for my Sako Quad. I'll try it out on the 6.5creed when this isolation stuff is over. Have a ATACR F1, razor 4.5-27, XRS2, and mk6 3-18 to test it against. Whilst it isn't a NF or Razor, and is still behind the XRS2 (didn't check against MK6), it is terrific value for money. The only things I can be critical on is parallax needs adjusting between ranges more often to say the NF, and the eyebox isn't as forgiving above 20x. With a adjustable cheek this really isn't an issue though. I give this scope a big thumbs up, certainly is great value.

When I can get out I will check it out on target compared to the other I have. Also need to find scope caps... Anybody know the sizes? Eye piece looks big!

On youtube Ilya called it the MRAD1, and said he designed it. Skip to 10:20 on the video.

Good stuff I thought he did the regular MRAD on the 5-30 I didn’t realize he did the donut, I watched another video where he goes over the regular Mrad and didn’t mention the donut

The one with the horseshoe is called MRAD1.

The one without the horseshoe is MRAD and is only available in the 5-30x56 it seems.

ILya

Gotcha I didn’t realize you designed both thanks

Last edited:
Also need to find scope caps... Anybody know the sizes? Eye piece looks big!

The objective is 63.5mm, a Butler Creek size 48 or Vortex Defender O-56 fits. The ocular is 46.5mm. I used a Monstrum 43-48mm that I got from Amazon.

The Athlon 56mm sunshade also fits the Optika6 56mm objective threads.

Reactions: superribbit
My Optika6 arrived today, I have no regrets. LOVE the reticle, thanks Ilya! I've been testing it in different light scenarios since this afternoon, and its much better than the Sig for my purposes. One can easily make it out at 3x. Unlike the Sig, the eyebox is easy to get and stay behind at all magnification settings. I don't feel I downgraded in any way. Glass to me is very good, and showed good resolution and color. Scope also is lighter by 5 or 6 ounces. The reticle to me is easier to read than the DEV-L was.

I love the knurled turrets. Parralax goes down to 10 yards which is incredible. Clicks are quite good for the price range. Warranty is lifetime transferable, and I got a digital certificate from Meopta when I registered.

If I had any complaints, the parallax while seemingly accurate is a bit more picky than the Sig. Its not a huge issue, and when you get it right the picture pops. Also, the windage turret is in Mils, but it appears there are only 8 notches per number, while still taking 10 clicks to go from 0 to 1, or 2 to 3. The field of view also is serviceable, but not great. The scope on our digital scale is right at 32 ounces. Wish it wasn't quite so porky, but it does feel solid and quality as others have said.

All in all very happy, hope to go to the range for sighting in this or next weekend.
20200416_154552.jpg
20200416_141539.jpg

My Optika6 arrived today, I have no regrets. LOVE the reticle, thanks Ilya! I've been testing it in different light scenarios since this afternoon, and its much better than the Sig for my purposes. One can easily make it out at 3x. Unlike the Sig, the eyebox is easy to get and stay behind at all magnification settings. I don't feel I downgraded in any way. Glass to me is very good, and showed good resolution and color. Scope also is lighter by 5 or 6 ounces. The reticle to me is easier to read than the DEV-L was.

I love the knurled turrets. Parralax goes down to 10 yards which is incredible. Clicks are quite good for the price range. Warranty is lifetime transferable, and I got a digital certificate from Meopta when I registered.

If I had any complaints, the parallax while seemingly accurate is a bit more picky than the Sig. Its not a huge issue, and when you get it right the picture pops. Also, the windage turret is in Mils, but it appears there are only 8 notches per number, while still taking 10 clicks to go from 0 to 1, or 2 to 3. The field of view also is serviceable, but not great. The scope on our digital scale is right at 32 ounces. Wish it wasn't quite so porky, but it does feel solid and quality as others have said.

All in all very happy, hope to go to the range for sighting in this or next weekend.

congrats! i ordered the same 3-18x56 but in SFP and dichro reticle

Thanks! Let me know what you think of the dichro reticle when you get it. Seems people love it or hate it.

Reactions: superribbit
Have a 16inch 6.5 Grendel build just about finished. To be used on hogs after we move to texas by year's end. I think I'll go with one of these in the 1-6 with the 4C reticle. Even if it's not quite "daylight bright", illumination would only really be necessary in low light situations anyway.

Just read through all 14 pages of this thread & feeling pretty good about it as my choice.

Ordered it this morning. $465 shipped from Dvor. I'm sure I'll have to wait awhile, but that's alright. First scope I ever purchased.

Ordered it this morning. $465 shipped from Dvor. I'm sure I'll have to wait awhile, but that's alright. First scope I ever purchased.

I’ve never heard of that site I just signed up I’m assuming you got the second focal plain?

Reactions: JS8588