• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Meopta Scope - Optika6

Any updates on these? I am patiently (impatiently) waiting for these

Reactions: duramaxed
Just Preordered a pair of 8x42s Optika Bino’s. High hopes they can beat my current vipers, if so that’s a great price.

I think I just found the scope for my new 22cal Tikka T1X.
The 2.5-15x44 RD SFP with the 4k reticle looks like the ticket for hunting.
Now whats a good reliable company to order it through? Meopta still saying about 3 weeks before they ship to dealers?

Last edited:
Now whats a good reliable company to order it through? Meopta still saying about 3 weeks before they ship to dealers?

You won't do any better than Cameraland. Doug sells a lot of Meopta.

Just Preordered a pair of 8x42s Optika Bino’s. High hopes they can beat my current vipers, if so that’s a great price.
Will easily beat a pair of Vipers. I am a sales rep for the company and all the dealers I show our MeoPro binos to (Optika/MeoPro same glass, coatings, etc.) which retail for $499, say that they are better than the Razor binos...Anything Meopta, you can basically take the retail, double it and it will be on par or better than another brand at twice the cost.

Reactions: T3ninja
Optika product should start sipping to dealers end of May/beginning of June.

So, just to be clear: by release date we could see more reticle choices?

I am interested in 2.5-15x44 in SFP. With capped turrets.
Here are your reticle choices for that scope:
Non-Illum : Z Plex, BDC, .223 BDC, .308 BDC
Illuminated: Z plus, .223 BDC, .308 BDC, K DOT
DicroTech: BDC (my personal fave...illuminated reticle that changes colors based on ambient light and background color, no batteries, all done with coatings on the lenses/reticles)

Here are your reticle choices for that scope:
Non-Illum : Z Plex, BDC, .223 BDC, .308 BDC
Illuminated: Z plus, .223 BDC, .308 BDC, K DOT
DicroTech: BDC (my personal fave...illuminated reticle that changes colors based on ambient light and background color, no batteries, all done with coatings on the lenses/reticles)
all 2.5-15x are capped and have a side parallax adj and on illuminated models the parallax and illum adjust will be in the same dial.

Wait, so the 2.5-15x do not have the 4k reticle as an option?

It would be our pleasure to assist you. Please give a call and we can enter a pre-order for you
Doug
516-217-1000

So the options on their website are incorrect, or the 4K just isn't available at launch?
https://www.meoptasportsoptics.com/us/produkt/meopro-optika6-2-5-15x44-sfp-13161/
I would not go off of the website as the actual product has gone through some changes during the last few months of production. i.e. dealers pre-order way more of some reticles and very little of another; those ones that are not as popular sometimes get phased out early on. My posts are based off of the actual, most recently updated dealer price lists.

Reactions: savages
all 2.5-15x are capped and have a side parallax adj and on illuminated models the parallax and illum adjust will be in the same dial.
Meopta website list a weight for this scope of 27.1 oz, do you have any indication if thats accurate? Somewhere I've seen a spec of 22oz for that model, which would put it more in line with what I would expect a SFP with 44mm and capped turrets would come in at.

Meopta website list a weight for this scope of 27.1 oz, do you have any indication if thats accurate? Somewhere I've seen a spec of 22oz for that model, which would put it more in line with what I would expect a SFP with 44mm and capped turrets would come in at.
The dealer catalog says 22.5 oz. They are built like tanks though.....

The 22.5oz sounds way better than the 27-30oz. Decided to put in an order for the 2.5-15x44 with the dicro bdc since the 4k isnt an option. I sure hope that reticle works as good as Meopta advertises it in the pictures.

The 22.5oz sounds way better than the 27-30oz. Decided to put in an order for the 2.5-15x44 with the dicro bdc since the 4k isnt an option. I sure hope that reticle works as good as Meopta advertises it in the pictures.
Best I could capture. Red on light background, mint green on dark.
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190516091725305_COVER.jpg
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190516092030698_COVER.jpg

Great choice! I have a sample coming in the exact same configuration I will be buying and keeping for myself!!

Best I could capture. Red on light background, mint green on dark.
View attachment 7079459View attachment 7079460
Great pictures!! Important for people to note...like on the first photo you can see where the reticle is green on the far right side, this could actually happen where some of it is green/white and some of it is red depending on the background. Also important to note, the thicker posts on the reticle are actually transparent so no pat of the reticle will ever obscure the target.

what am I missing here. The 5-30x56mm with a 34mm tube/illuminate reticle and in FFP is currently selling for around $1000. That seems to good to be true. Is the glass quality lower? How can it be so cheap?

Reactions: Mxridr
what am I missing here. The 5-30x56mm with a 34mm tube/illuminate reticle and in FFP is currently selling for around $1000. That seems to good to be true. Is the glass quality lower? How can it be so cheap?
You've got to understand that Meopta makes most of their money OEM'ing for other big brands. This is the actual manufacture you are buying from when you buy Meopta, so their margins can be thinner on their own product. Plus they want US market share with the Optika line, they have never really had that, so they are pricing themselves into it.

You've got to understand that Meopta makes most of their money OEM'ing for other big brands. This is the actual manufacture you are buying from when you buy Meopta, so their margins can be thinner on their own product. Plus they want US market share with the Optika line, they have never really had that, so they are pricing themselves into it.

Correct. Except the Optika6 is not out yet. Soon, I hope.

Meopta has made great inroads in the hunting world int he last several years. Optika6 is their attempt to do the same in the precision/tactical world and they are listening to market feedback, so they can make things complicated for many competing brands.

ILya

Here is the best I could do outdoors, the camera angle plays with the light a bit, but you can see that the reticle is as Shiples described, transparent. The reticle contrasts the background depending upon what you are looking at. Keep in mind these are images of the reticle on a Meostar R1r with a 3-12x56 objective, Meopta's highest end line. This one is actually for sale as I pre-ordered a couple of these and then ended up selling one of the guns this one was going on. It's new in box if anyone is interested.
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190518170616914_COVER.jpg
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190518170513367_COVER.jpg
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190518170448573_COVER.jpg
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190518170404964_COVER.jpg
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190518170321689_COVER.jpg

I should probably do a video on how the dichroic reticle works.

It is essentially a notch bandpass filter. It only allows a narrow range of color to pass through, but in that range, ti is transparent. That makes it stand out from the background. As the light gets lower, there is less light for it to work with, so the contrast gets lower.

In other words, it does not "glow" like a regular illuminated reticle, so it does not work all that well on thin lines, but it does stand out a fair bit in good light. Since it is somewhat transparent, it does add an extra dimension to reticle design since thick lines are not fully opaque.

ILya

The Optika6 5-25x56 FFP Illuminated is actually priced at $899.95

Exactly

Actually, you will see this scope for as low as $899....

Burdy, can you show us what that reticle looks like in low light? I'm concerned that the fine cross hairs will all but disappear.

Burdy, can you show us what that reticle looks like in low light? I'm concerned that the fine cross hairs will all but disappear.
The fine crosshairs are black. Only the thick part of the reticle and center dot are dichrotech.

The fine crosshairs are black. Only the thick part of the reticle and center dot are dichrotech.
Do you see any issue with identifying the crosshairs in low light with a darker background? For instance, deer in or on the edge of woods at dawn or dusk?

Do you see any issue with identifying the crosshairs in low light with a darker background? For instance, deer in or on the edge of woods at dawn or dusk?
I haven't hunted with it yet but considering this one is on the Meostar 3-12x56 which basically has SWARO Z8 level light transmission, I don't anticipate any issues. I could probably make a squared up shoulder shot alone using the thick lines in a very low light situation. I need to also run this with my NV to see what that looks like.

I haven't hunted with it yet but considering this one is on the Meostar 3-12x56 which basically has SWARO Z8 level light transmission, I don't anticipate any issues. I could probably make a squared up shoulder shot alone using the thick lines in a very low light situation. I need to also run this with my NV to see what that looks like.

I have owned an R1 3-12x56 (4b reticle) since 2006 and it is still one of the best day/night scopes most have ever looked through.
Wish the meostar 1-6/1-8 got an update with these new reticles!

Would be nice. Rifle in need of a scope

I hear ya. Just sent off a Tikka T3 30.06 that's been sitting around for 6 years to get threaded and cut to 20". Going black bear hunting with it. Hopefully these scopes ship this month.

So the 1-6 has really tickled my fancy. My SBR gets a fair amount of beating and banging around. What’s the general expectation for “undestroyable-ness” on Meopta products?

My experiences with optics thus far on my SBR are Aimpoint and NXS 1-4.... never let me down. Can I expect the same heartiness with Meopta?

Meopta stuff is generally well made.

Optika6 is new, so noone knows any specifics yet.

ILya
Thanks for the input. I know you are not an official spokesperson, but in your opinion what does their warranty philosophy look like? Generally speaking what does the timeline look like when something goes wrong over here in the states?

@gr8fuldoug if I buy one from ya'll can you support warranty claims? Any input on what that looks like?

Thanks for the input. I know you are not an official spokesperson, but in your opinion what does their warranty philosophy look like? Generally speaking what does the timeline look like when something goes wrong over here in the states?

@gr8fuldoug if I buy one from ya'll can you support warranty claims? Any input on what that looks like?

I've had to use their warranty once, but it was a long time ago. Something got screwed up with my binoculars, but I do not remember the specifics. As I recall, it was quite trouble free.

ILya

Lets hope the timeline is accurate. Looking forward to these hitting the streets. I checked them out at SHOT.

I’ve never known Doug to not support warranty issues. Even if it costs him out of his own pocket...

I more have the following spectrum in mind:

On time? Join the CLUB! Exclusive membership only, by invite.

2 months late? A well managed project can have a few months of slippage on something as complicated as a new firearm accessory. Sometimes it just takes more to make it right, and I would rather have a good product that isn't wasting my time with repairs and such.

6 months late? At some point a delivery date is a promise that your company is a competent entity in the engineering and manufacturing of a product. At 6 months late, folks should start to doubt you know what you are doing. 6 months means you have some epic fuck ups under there you had to make right.

1 year late? Shame on me for trusting you. You didn't know anything about making whatever it was you were trying to make.
Over 25 years in mfg engineering and mfg project management says this spectrum is right on.