• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Meopta Scope - Optika6

Weatherbee

Private
Minuteman
May 16, 2018
Meopta USA Sport Optics Introduces New Optika6 Line of Riflescopes

TAMPA, FL, January 16, 2019 – Meopta USA Sport Optics is pleased to introduce the new Optika6 line of premium riflescopes. This newest Meopta riflescope series features a 30mm tube, 6x zoom, zero-reset turrets and advanced MeoBright lens coating that delivers edge-to-edge clarity and exceptionally bright, sharp images.

The Optika6 Shooting series is available with numerous first focal plane reticle options, including new DichroTech reticles, which feature battery-free illumination in any light conditions. The Shooting series is available in the following models: 1-6x24, 3-18x50,
3-18x56, 4.5-27x50. There is also a 34mm 5-30x56 model with ED glass to eliminate chromatic aberration at high magnification. All Optika6 Shooting series riflescopes feature rubber-armored target turrets for a non-slip grip.

The Optika6 Hunting series is available with numerous reticle options in the second focal plane, including new DichroTech reticles, in the following models: 1-6x24, 2.5-15x44,
3-18x50, 3-18x56 and 4.5-27x50. The Optika6 Hunting scopes with capped turrets feature rubber-armored metal caps for the perfect combination of durability and functionality.

The Optika6 Shooting and Hunting scopes also come with illuminated reticle options and windage and elevation adjustments in either Mil or MOA.

All Meopta Optika6 riflescopes are made of aircraft-grade aluminum alloy and feature:

- One-piece tube design
- Zero-Reset setting for quick return to zero
- Zoom ring with a multi-position throw lever
- Rear-facing zoom display for easy viewing of power setting from behind the scope
- Locking turrets

“Our goal is to deliver premium, European-quality optics to hunters and shooters at exceptional price points,” said Randy Garrison, Director of Meopta USA Sport Optics.

-more-​

“The Optika6 line of riflescopes does just that while continuing to deliver the excellent low-light performance and optical clarity that has become synonymous with the Meopta brand. We have differentiated our Shooting and Hunting lines to make it easier for consumers to pick the scope that’s right for them, but obviously some hunters will find the first-focal-plane Shooting models more versatile, just as many target shooters will take our second-focal-plane Hunting series to the range.”

Retail Pricing: From $499 - $899

About Meopta

Meopta has been producing high-end European optics for over 85 years. Meopta is a leading manufacturer & partner to many of the world's finest optical brands. Meopta conceives, develops and manufactures precision optical and electro/optical systems for semiconductor, medical, aerospace and military industries as well as for consumer markets.

For more information regarding Meopta, please visit www.meoptasportsoptics.comthumbnail.jpg

I spoke with Randy Garrison, Head of Meopta Sports Optics about this scope as well as other items he's unveiling at SHOT. He is VERY excited about this new Optika line

I might need a 1-6X SFP, especially if it comes with an illuminated-dot #4 reticle.

Are they made in CZ or asian offerings under Meopta brand

Looks to good to be true. Surely the only mil/mil reticle is not the standard mildot shown.

Last edited:
is the release date still in may? i thought i read it was january somewhere ( meopta website?). anybody know?

I just want a god damned, quality 1-6X with capped turrets and a daylight bright #4Ai reticle for less than $800

I hope Meopta can deliver with this one

Weight?

Interested in how the elevation turret locks... and why they didn’t toss a zero stop on it.

Says it has a Zero-reset setting for quick return to zero,I’m guessing that is a zero stop.

Says it has a Zero-reset setting for quick return to zero,I’m guessing that is a zero stop.
Im not so sure. When vortex says “zero-reset” it means target turret without zero stop but resettable (what turret isn’t?)

Usually when they mean zero stop they say it

Sounds promising, but those reticle options are from 10yrs ago!!! That’s gonna hurt these scopes

@gr8fuldoug does that mean they’ll install other reticles from other manufacturers for a cost, or that they use any of their existing reticles if requested?
Thanks as always Doug

@gr8fuldoug does that mean they’ll install other reticles from other manufacturers for a cost, or that they use any of their existing reticles if requested?
Thanks as always Doug
I was unclear, sorry.
Meopta is looking at other reticle options they are considering and most likely will be expanding the offerings

Very interested in this with the K Dot 2 or 4C/1 reticles. Doug, about how much retail?
1548258590669.png

I was unclear, sorry.
Meopta is looking at other reticle options they are considering and most likely will be expanding the offerings

They'd be smart to knock off the SKMR or EBR-7B or license an existing design. A tree reticle would be optimal as long it isn't as dense as a Horus, as would a better mil hash (like the Nightforce Mil-C).

can you encourage them to put in a christmas tree reticle in the 3-18 and up mag scopes? something with .2 hash and a section for milling with a .1 could be great. not picky, but a FFP with duplex style reticles isnt going to cut it even if the scope was free.

I was unclear, sorry.
Kahles skmr 3 or Minox Mr4 reticle and they couldn’t keep these in stock. It took athlon several years to finally update to a center dot reticle even though every person on this site and every other one asked for it when they were taking suggestions before the original release. Don’t let Meopta make that mistake and come out with a 1940’s era mildot.

There are 4 or 5 fundamentals that seem to hold true in designing a christmas tree reticle. Simply execute them and call it a day.

1. Dot in the center as the aimpoint
2. .2 mil marks.
3. 5 mils of wind holds
4. Maybe a few mils of aimpoint above. Maybe not.
5. Something to draw the eye on low power. Thick outer stadia pointing in. Add marks to the thick stadia so a spotter can call milrad offsets.

Frankly i also like the idea of a super fine center grid around the center. For calling wind misses

Reactions: Qazwsx
can you encourage them to put in a christmas tree reticle in the 3-18 and up mag scopes? something with .2 hash and a section for milling with a .1 could be great. not picky, but a FFP with duplex style reticles isnt going to cut it even if the scope was free.

I sent this to the powers that be at Meopta and this is the reply I received:

"Thank you for sending. Let them know it is in the works and will be available at launch."

Any idea of the weight for the FFP 3-18x50?

If its reasonable, and they put in a decent reticle, im all over one for my 6.5 grendel AR

Any idea of the weight for the FFP 3-18x50?

If its reasonable, and they put in a decent reticle, im all over one for my 6.5 grendel AR
the catalog lists the 2.5-15x44 as 22.5 oz and the 4.5-27x56 as 25.8 oz. This would put the 3-18x50 at around 24 oz. Once I get a definite answer I will pass the info along.

Parallax is 25 yards

Reactions: Stickshift
the catalog lists the 2.5-15x44 as 22.5 oz and the 4.5-27x56 as 25.8 oz. This would put the 3-18x50 at around 24 oz. Once I get a definite answer I will pass the info along.

Parallax is 25 yards

Please keep us posted and try to get us a super duper hide deal - :)

Hi Doug, I see the 30x model only has the mil dot ret on the web site. Will they be adding the tree ret to that model too?

@gr8fuldoug , Do you know if the windage turret on the 4.5-27 and 5-30 is a push to lock type? I'm looking for a lightweight hunting scope, and this may be the ticket. If they do not lock, I may end up trying out the capped 3-18x56. Did I understand correctly that the 3-18sfp does not have a zero stop function, whereas the 3-18ffp does?