• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Meopta Scope - Optika6

i too am waiting and 308 pirate's timeline seems right on. however,i thought they were supposed to be out 6mos ago but maybe i'm wrong. my experience with meopta is v. +. crimson trace was well behind announced timeline. got one waiting to work with it. see if another one is calling or wait for the meoptas.

I’m waiting on the optika binos, scopelist told me end of May but at this point I’m hoping end of June. I know better that to preorder I just keep doing it.

I’ve got my eye on the 5-30, but have a couple questions.

How many mils per revolution?

Has anyone mentioned the feel of the turrets(on the demo/preproduction models)?

What is Meopta’s warranty policy?

Were supposed to ship end of June. Any word?

Scopelist originally told me end of may. It was “any day now” until I canceled my preorder 2 weeks ago. If it was a pay at shipment style ordering I may have left it, but I’m done letting my money hang out in other people’s banks without a product in the mail.

I’ll probably check them out once they are stocked and shipping regularly.

So the 1-6 has really tickled my fancy. My SBR gets a fair amount of beating and banging around. What’s the general expectation for “undestroyable-ness” on Meopta products?

My experiences with optics thus far on my SBR are Aimpoint and NXS 1-4.... never let me down. Can I expect the same heartiness with Meopta?
Optika scopes are probably over built for the price. Won't win any light weight contests, but are very rugged.

I’ve got my eye on the 5-30, but have a couple questions.

How many mils per revolution?

Has anyone mentioned the feel of the turrets(on the demo/preproduction models)?

What is Meopta’s warranty policy?
Warranty is lifetime, transferrable. You don't necessarily have to register it, but always a good idea. Meopta makes it very easy. Can be done on their website under "service & support - warranty registration", you fill out basic info about you and your product you will get back an email with a digital warranty certificate. Minor repairs can be made here in US and returned to customer quickly, anything that would have to be torn apart more extensively goes back to the Czech Republic. In those cases, customer likely receives a whole new optic so as not to make them wait for it to come back from Europe.

Turrets are beefy and have a textured, rubber insert around them so easy to turn even with wet or sweaty hands. Models with exposed elevation turrets will lock up and down and have zero stop.

25 MOA and 10 Mils per revolution

Still patiently waiting, although my fingernails are nearly gone from tapping lol

This sounds a lot like something I need. Now.... when are they going to hit the shelves????

Meopta's Facebook is reporting that the Optika 6 Binoculars started shipping to customers today. The riflescopes now appear to have a mid-August ship date for US customers and September for European customers. As of July 12th on their Facebook page the 3-18x50's will be the first riflescopes released in the Optika 6 line (hoping all models ship mid-August myself; I have the 5-30x56mm on order).

Meopta's Facebook is reporting that the Optika 6 Binoculars started shipping to customers today. The riflescopes now appear to have a mid-August ship date for US customers and September for European customers. As of July 12th on their Facebook page the 3-18x50's will be the first riflescopes released in the Optika 6 line (hoping all models ship mid-August myself; I have the 5-30x56mm on order).
This sounds correct. 3-18x scopes have been done for a few weeks, but due to the very liberal European "summer vacation", pretty much all businesses shut down for three weeks in July. That is over now and they will be packaging up those scopes and sending to US shortly. The other size scopes should follow shortly after. Possibly a couple different ones at the same time.

Just hope the 5-30 is here by the first week of September or so, I've got a match on my schedule in mid-Sept and I'd love to stretch it out to see how it runs

I was told 3-18x50 will be shipping the week after next with the ones to follow immediately after. Early September for the 5-30x looks possible, but not guaranteed.

ILya

Just like jl937, I would prefer the 5-30x56 scope, but am frustrated by the lack of a large image of the different reticles on Meopta's website. Sure wish that Meopta would add that feature on their website for each individual one. Hopefully they start shipping soon.

Just like jl937, I would prefer the 5-30x56 scope, but am frustrated by the lack of a large image of the different reticles on Meopta's website. Sure wish that Meopta would add that feature on their website for each individual one. Hopefully they start shipping soon.

Attachments

• Optika6 Reticle Guide.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 197
I was told 3-18x50 will be shipping the week after next with the ones to follow immediately after. Early September for the 5-30x looks possible, but not guaranteed.

ILya

Don't know how dependable it is but just received a new expected shipping date of Friday 8/9/19 on my pre order for 5-30x56.

Reactions: shiples1
Don't know how dependable it is but just received a new expected shipping date of Friday 8/9/19 on my pre order for 5-30x56.

Can you let us know how it performs once you get to take it out to the range? I am interested in getting the same one, so hearing from an actual customer's experience is definitely an interest of mine. Thanks.

I would guess based on the fact it’s a few weeks later - it didn’t make it yet.

That said I have several sources saying next week seems pretty reliable.

Can you let us know how it performs once you get to take it out to the range? I am interested in getting the same one, so hearing from an actual customer's experience is definitely an interest of mine. Thanks.

I just bought one off DVOR today 5x30x56 In Mil, Mil and the ship time was 1-3 weeks out $699

These are all promising signs. I noticed this weekend my DVOR order status changed from "partially shipped" (I ordered another item at the same time that already got delivered) to "order being fulfilled". I have no idea what the practical difference is between those, but I see any update of order status as positive progress!

The 55 gallons of Analeaze lube shipped.

These are all promising signs. I noticed this weekend my DVOR order status changed from "partially shipped" (I ordered another item at the same time that already got delivered) to "order being fulfilled". I have no idea what the practical difference is between those, but I see any update of order status as positive progress!

Reactions: FishinGuns

Haven't received my scope yet but will post when I do. Just ordered rings tonight.
Putting it on a Vudoo 22 whenever it shows up.

Eagerly awaiting opinions on these. I’m holding off from getting a DMR2 until these get some reactions from users.
Hoping these will be even better than expected, and definitely want to see ILyas reticle

Several of my customers in OH have been receiving 3-18's and 5-30's they had on order. Meopta USA is getting air shipments in from the Czech Republic every week with Optika6 scopes and Optika HD binos. It's just a matter of filling orders on a first come first serve basis. Keep in mind, most dealers have had their orders in for these since Jan and Feb.

Reactions: jl937
Nice I own the Cabela’s instinct(Meopta) binos and they are a tremendous value very clear and rugged. I am hoping this scope is the same

Anyone receive theirs yet? I was about to buy a Zeiss Conquest but held off after seeing that these just started shipping.

The 4.5 - 27 almost seems too good to be true at the current street prices. FFP, locking turrets, zero stop, illuminated, and European made for $700? If the optical quality is comparable to the Viper PST Gen 2, the Optika6 will be a market disruptor in the same way the mid-engined C8 Corvette shook up the $60k sports car market.

Anyone receive theirs yet? I was about to buy a Zeiss Conquest but held off after seeing that these just started shipping.

The 4.5 - 27 almost seems too good to be true at the current street prices. FFP, locking turrets, zero stop, illuminated, and European made for $700? If the optical quality is comparable to the Viper PST Gen 2, the Optika6 will be a market disruptor in the same way the mid-engined C8 Corvette shook up the $60k sports car market.
It's a no brainer. Vortex Viper PST 4-16x retails for $1,000. Optika 6 4.5-27x has all the same features but double the magnification and made in Europe, not China, for $300 less!! Compared at dusk or dawn, Meopta makes Vortex and others look like you are looking through a glass Coke bottle smeared with Vaseline. Meopta owns the low light, period.

I forgot about this new line of scopes.
Interested to see how the 3-18x50 FFP turns out.

It's a no brainer. Vortex Viper PST 4-16x retails for $1,000. Optika 6 4.5-27x has all the same features but double the magnification and made in Europe, not China, for $300 less!! Compared at dusk or dawn, Meopta makes Vortex and others look like you are looking through a glass Coke bottle smeared with Vaseline. Meopta owns the low light, period.

I applaud your enthusiasm, but an infusion of actual experience wouldn't hurt either.

PST 4-16x was discontinued a couple of years ago. When it was made, it was made in the Phillipines.

Current generation of PST scopes (Gen 2) is still made in the Philippines, albeit at a different factory. Gen 2 PST is a significant step forward from Gen 1.

Why you decided to compare a 4.5-27x Optika6 6 to a 4-16x discontinued PST is kinda weird. A more accurate comparison would be the current generation 5-25x50 PST Gen 2, which seems to be fairly common snails in the $750-$900 range.

I fully expect Optika6 to be an excellent scope. I had high hopes for it when I designed a few reticles for Optika6. If I did not have faith in the product, I would not be involved.

However, if you think you are helping Meopta in any way when you misrepresent the competition, you are sorely mistaken.

If you think you are helping yourself when you bullshit about a scope line that probably half of the regulars here are well familiar with, you are even more wrong.

ILya

I applaud your enthusiasm, but an infusion of actual experience wouldn't hurt either.

PST 4-16x was discontinued a couple of years ago. When it was made, it was made in the Phillipines.

Current generation of PST scopes (Gen 2) is still made in the Philippines, albeit at a different factory. Gen 2 PST is a significant step forward from Gen 1.

Why you decided to compare a 4.5-27x Optika6 6 to a 4-16x discontinued PST is kinda weird. A more accurate comparison would be the current generation 5-25x50 PST Gen 2, which seems to be fairly common snails in the $750-$900 range.

I fully expect Optika6 to be an excellent scope. I had high hopes for it when I designed a few reticles for Optika6. If I did not have faith in the product, I would not be involved.

However, if you think you are helping Meopta in any way when you misrepresent the competition, you are sorely mistaken.

If you think you are helping yourself when you bullshit about a scope line that probably half of the regulars here are well familiar with, you are even more wrong.

ILya

Ilya, I have been following your blog for a few years and am a big fan of your reviews.

Since you have some experience working with Meopta on the reticles for the Optika6 line, I was wondering if you could provide some insight into how Meopta is able to release such a feature-packed scope at a very reasonable ($6-800, depending on the model) price point. The Optika6 line has features that are not found in similarly priced alternatives such as the Viper PST Gen 2, such as a higher zoom rnage (6x vs. 4 or 5x), locking turrets or the option for a dichroic reticle.

Despite the features and European manufacturing, the Optika6 line undercuts competitors like the Viper PST Gen2, Burris XTR II, Sightron SIII, and others, most of which are made in Japan or the Phillippines. I'm having a bit of a hard time comprehending how Meopta is able to price this new line so competitively. Surely there has to be a compromise somewhere?

Reactions: maysys