• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Meopta Scope - Optika6

5-30 MRAD is finally in hand. Did some quick comparisons off the back deck with my 4-16 power sig tango 4. Immediately can tell this Optika6 has some excellent glass! Even with both set at 16x, the Meopta is much sharper and brighter. It does start to get dimmer between 20x-30x, I'll have to get it out on the range to see how much that really impacts its function (I doubt it will bother me much). FOV is impressive and way better than the Sig.

As has been mentioned, CA is very well controlled. Great eye box that doesn't get too finicky at max mag. The reticle is clean looking and intuitive. The zero stop has a very satisfying clunk!

I think I'm going to really enjoy this investment. Granted, I only have owned this Sig Tango 4 and a Viper HST, so this Optika6 is quite the step up for me!

Was at the range earlier with the 3-18 and PST Gen 2 (5-25). I did my best to compare the image quality and could not say which looked better. Didn't want to leave it at that...so I bugged a neighbor who was shooting with a Razor LH, and he was also not able to pick out of the two also (but said both looked great). We tried comparing both at 18 and 15X. I want to say the optika6 seemed to have a slightly more forgiving eyebox...but perhaps the 3-15 PST Gen 2 would be a closer match up.

Zeroed my 6.5 creedmoor AR10 @ 200 yards. cardboard target is at 200, and the steel target is at 400...both at 18X.

U8ycYhh.jpg

P5TnMJO.jpg

overall, i have to say...I am more than happy with the 3-18 for the 6.5 creedmoor AR10 i just built.
before leaving for the day, fired a few shots at the 400 and 600 yard steel. My Streelok app setup....was dead on at 400, but a little high at 600 yards.

5w2ZMfu.jpg

XZO5ceN.jpg

Last edited:
@jl937 How do the turrets feel?
So far I don't have any real complaints. Sometimes scope controls can be pretty stiff out of the box, not the case with the example I got. Best I can describe it is they already feel "broken in". I'm hoping they don't get any lighter in feel over time. Not mushy AT ALL though. Sharp, crisp clicks with good audible feedback.

Reactions: Mxridr
overall, i have to say...I am more than happy with the 3-18 for the 6.5 creedmoor AR10 i just built.
before leaving for the day, fired a few shots at the 400 and 600 yard steel. My Streelok app setup....was dead on at 400, but a little high at 600 yards.

I would run a tall target test and see if it has any error. Could be your Strelok profile needs some trueing too. But I have a new Riton optic and it had a 2% error on tall target. Once I entered the error into computer it was spot on to 1083. It would be interesting to see if it tracks true or has some minor error.

Was at the range earlier with the 3-18 and PST Gen 2 (5-25). I did my best to compare the image quality and could not say which looked better. Didn't want to leave it at that...so I bugged a neighbor who was shooting with a Razor LH, and he was also not able to pick out of the two also (but said both looked great). We tried comparing both at 18 and 15X. I want to say the optika6 seemed to have a slightly more forgiving eyebox...but perhaps the 3-15 PST Gen 2 would be a closer match up.

Zeroed my 6.5 creedmoor AR10 @ 200 yards. cardboard target is at 200, and the steel target is at 400...both at 18X.

View attachment 7156354

View attachment 7156355

@koshkin , I know you don't actually make the decisions, but, I'd kill for this reticle in 2.5-15, either FFP or SFP.

The MRAD 1 RD on the 3-18.

Didn't notice until now the 2-15 is capped turrets tho. Might kill that idea.

@koshkin , I know you don't actually make the decisions, but, I'd kill for this reticle in 2.5-15, either FFP or SFP.

Just FYI, the 2.5-15 is nearly the same size and weight as the 3-18, so there is not much lost by going with the higher magnification scope which already has Ilya's reticle. The 2.5-15 also has less elevation adjustment at just 70 MOA (vs. 90 MOA for the 3-18).

Reactions: 308ftWIN

View attachment 7156354

View attachment 7156355

Thanks for the review.
Certainly sounds like it's as good as advertised, I like the reticle.
Did you notice a FOV different between the Optica and the PST? On paper the PST ia better, but may not be too noticeable in the field.

Looks like I'll be adding one (or more) to my collection.

Tempted to sell my PST gen 1 for the 3-18x50 FFP.

You should. The Optika 6 (at least the 5-30) is way ahead of the PST I and will likely affect resale values down the road. The PST I is currently selling for around $450 used, which is pretty had to justify when you can pickup a brand new Optika 6 3-18 FFP for about 600.

Reactions: Mxridr
I have a somewhat similar design that I made for a 2.5-15x44 type scope. It will take a little time, but you will see it in a scope eventually.

ILya

Hey Ilya,
I know it's an apples to oranges comparasion, but how do you think the Optika line up compares to the Leupold Mark 5/6.

The purpose being for a FFP hunting scope, as the horse shoe reticle looks somewhat similar is usability as the TMR.

I'm looking at buying a used Mark 6 TMR, but there are very mixed reviews on that scope. Extrapolating all the reviews I've read I'm guessing the Optika glass will be on par with the Leupolds, providing the turrets track and RTZ the Optika seems like the better option.

Hey Ilya,
I know it's an apples to oranges comparasion, but how do you think the Optika line up compares to the Leupold Mark 5/6.

The purpose being for a FFP hunting scope, as the horse shoe reticle looks somewhat similar is usability as the TMR.

I'm looking at buying a used Mark 6 TMR, but there are very mixed reviews on that scope. Extrapolating all the reviews I've read I'm guessing the Optika glass will be on par with the Leupolds, providing the turrets track and RTZ the Optika seems like the better option.

Mark 6 is a known quantity. Optika6 is not. Not yet. I really like the 5-30x56 Optika6 and since I have a Mark 5 7-35x56 on hand, I will compare them. Until I do, I really can't tell you which way I would go.

ILya

Mark 6 is a known quantity. Optika6 is not. Not yet. I really like the 5-30x56 Optika6 and since I have a Mark 5 7-35x56 on hand, I will compare them. Until I do, I really can't tell you which way I would go.

ILya

In your opinion in the Mark 6 enough of an improvement over say a PST Gen2?

Unfortunately the reviews on the Mark6 are about 80% negatives, so of which are tracking issues which can be fixed, but others are around glass, eyebox and parallax, all which cannot be changed.

You should. The Optika 6 (at least the 5-30) is way ahead of the PST I and will likely affect resale values down the road. The PST I is currently selling for around $450 used, which is pretty had to justify when you can pickup a brand new Optika 6 3-18 FFP for about 600.
Who has the 3-18x50 FFP MRAD for $600?

Who has the 3-18x50 FFP MRAD for $600?

Sport Optics is advertising it for 699 on their website, and they have a 15% coupon (EURO15) which takes down to sub-600.

It's a big upgrade from a Viper PST I. For not much more money, you are getting better glass, more adjustment range, 10 mil/turn turrets, locking turrets, a zero-stop system that doesn't need to use shims, and an illumination knob that's not awkwardly placed on the ocular.

Last edited:
Sport Optics is advertising it for 699 on their website, and they have a 15% coupon (EURO15) which takes down to sub-600.

It's a big upgrade from a Viper PST I. For not much more money, you are getting better glass, more adjustment range, 10 mil/turn turrets, locking turrets, a zero-stop system that doesn't need to use shims, and an illumination knob that's not awkwardly placed on the ocular.
Awesome! Order placed!

Now to sell my PST 416S1-M EBR-1 with two whole range trips on it (22LR trainer) Ha! Been too busy helping folks develop loads to shoot my own crap.

Last edited:
Has anybody seen the Optika 6 2.5-15x44? Woyld like to hear a review. With the "Z" reticle, it would be about the cat's azz for a hunting scope.

Bill

Thanks for the review.
Certainly sounds like it's as good as advertised, I like the reticle.
Did you notice a FOV different between the Optica and the PST? On paper the PST ia better, but may not be too noticeable in the field.

Looks like I'll be adding one (or more) to my collection.

I was also trying to compare FOV @ 18X (between the optika6 3-18 and PST GEN2 5-25)...in the field it was hard to tell.
Comparing a picture I took, the PST GEN2 looks like it may have slightly more FOV.

My 3-18 was about $595 shipped from Sport Optics. They are quick to ship, and have been great to deal with so far.
This is my second optic from them.

Its why I still scramble to look at this thread every time I get a notification. Its not getting any love here though.

Yeah if this has the usual super clear Meopta glass and daylight bright, not visible but BRIGHT center dot, at $424 with the rebate, I might have to pass on the PST 1-6 I’ve been eyeing for my 11.5” work rifle.

Yeah if this has the usual super clear Meopta glass and daylight bright, not visible but BRIGHT center dot, at $424 with the rebate, I might have to pass on the PST 1-6 I’ve been eyeing for my 11.5” work rifle.
Thats what I'm after. Hoping its like a 1-6x version of a Steiner P4XI for slightly less money.

Reactions: patscrazy
Has anybody seen the Optika 6 2.5-15x44? Woyld like to hear a review. With the "Z" reticle, it would be about the cat's azz for a hunting scope.

Bill
The 2.5-15's and 4.5-27's "should" be shipping to dealers by the end of Oct. That's the latest greatest I've been told as of today.

Reactions: bman940
My 3-18 was about $595 shipped from Sport Optics. They are quick to ship, and have been great to deal with so far.
This is my second optic from them.
Ditto! Mine will be here tomorrow, dropped shipped directly from Meopta in FL.

Just received my 5-30 form DVOR. No rings to mount it yet. Initial impressions are good. Glass doesn't appear to be quite as crisp as my older Zeiss Conquest (made by Meopta) , but Illya kind of stated that would be the case. I think I remember him saying stay with the Meopro for hunting. Glass appears to be way better than the Athlon Midas that it is replacing. Going out of town for a week so I won't get to run it through its paces for a while.

Last edited:
Just received my 5-30 form DVOR. No rings to mount it yet. Initial impressions are good. Glass doesn't appear to be quite as crisp as my older Zeiss Conquest (made by Meopta) , but Illya kind or stated that would be the case. I think I remember him saying stay with the Meopro for hunting. Glass appears to be way better than the Athlon Midas that it is replacing. Going out of town for a week so I won't get to run it through its paces for a while.

Think the Midas glass with a 56mm bell and 34mm tube would be comparable?

Just got the 3-18x50 ffp in.. Initial impressions are very good! Super clear and way better than I expected. Will hopefully get to function test tomorrow.

Reactions: shiples1
Finally got out to the range with the 5-30, only was able to do dot drills at 100 yds on this trip. It's an overcast day today but no issues at all with clarity or brightness even up at 30x. I'm amazed at the resolution this scope has.

Did find out that I need lower rings though... It currently has Seekins x-high and when I went to boresight I had to dial up quite a bit for zero, only have 19 mils of up adjustment even with 20 moa rail.

Must have done my math wrong because I've got plenty of room under the objective bell so Seekins high rings are already on order. If anyone is in need of a set of x-high 34mm rings I'll cut you a smokin deal haha

Reactions: jafo96
Finally got out to the range with the 5-30, only was able to do dot drills at 100 yds on this trip. It's an overcast day today but no issues at all with clarity or brightness even up at 30x. I'm amazed at the resolution this scope has.

Did find out that I need lower rings though... It currently has Seekins x-high and when I went to boresight I had to dial up quite a bit for zero, only have 19 mils of up adjustment even with 20 moa rail.

Must have done my math wrong because I've got plenty of room under the objective bell so Seekins high rings are already on order. If anyone is in need of a set of x-high 34mm rings I'll cut you a smokin deal haha
The height of your rings should have little to do with how much elevation adjustment you get from your scope. And since we’re discussing that, how much elevation do you think you will be needing? What is your expected use for this scope and expected range?

19 mils get me to a mile with my .338 LM and past 325 yards with my .22LR using standard velocity ammo. It should take somewhere around 7-9 mils for the average 6 or 6.5 to get to 1000 yards.

Reactions: Gil P.
The height of your rings should have little to do with how much elevation adjustment you get from your scope. And since we’re discussing that, how much elevation do you think you will be needing? What is your expected use for this scope and expected range?

19 mils get me to a mile with my .338 LM and past 325 yards with my .22LR using standard velocity ammo. It should take somewhere around 7-9 mils for the average 6 or 6.5 to get to 1000 yards.
Good call, just checked total travel in both directions from where I ended up at 100yd zero: took out the zero stop and got 18.8 mil up and 15.2 mil down.

This is my first mil scope, always shot moa before so still trying to grasp the change in scale for everything. These numbers are so small compared to what my brain is used to! Oh well, I do think I'll get a more comfortable cheek weld with the next step lower rings

Reactions: lash
Well, cheek weld and a consistent comfortable scope to eye height are very important. That’s are a good enough reason to drop down in height.

I think I would eat my hat for a 2-12x36 Optika 6 MRAD 1 with capped windage and a small zero-stop/locking knob. FFP. Daylight bright circle ring.

I have been trying to convince someone to make such a beast for a few years now, but none wants to take risk on a sub-40mm objective. They usually do not sell well.

ILya

Reactions: lawofsavage
Just got the 3-18x50 ffp in.. Initial impressions are very good! Super clear and way better than I expected. Will hopefully get to function test tomorrow.

Got to run it today.. Meopta is going to sell a lot of these if word gets out. Everything worked great, optics are super clear, parallax on point, can’t complain!

Attachments

• 9CAB1D41-1284-4DE3-93B0-3025D1451D99.jpeg
    9CAB1D41-1284-4DE3-93B0-3025D1451D99.jpeg
    435.8 KB · Views: 258
Just placed on order for the 5-30 MRAD RD. Hope it's great!

I'm hopeful to try and do some comps to the Ares ETR and 34mm Midas Tac before I decide which one I want to stock up on.

I have been trying to convince someone to make such a beast for a few years now, but none wants to take risk on a sub-40mm objective. They usually do not sell well.

ILya
I would take it in 40mm too! That is exactly the scope I want.