• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Meopta Scope - Optika6

Just got the 3-18x50 ffp in.. Initial impressions are very good! Super clear and way better than I expected. Will hopefully get to function test tomorrow.

This is encouraging. Thinking this will be a good scope for my 338-06.

Is the 653608 in stock anywhere? Ready to order but it looks backordered everywhere I've looked.

I'm thinking I'm going to be in the market to upgrade optics on one of my .223 AR's soon. I seen this thread and checked the descriptions on the Meopta Optica6 4.5x27x50 & 5x30x56 scopes. I do 600 yd. shoots and my Nikon 4x16x42 is leaving me a little wanting, due to older eyes. The reticle is a BDC and I want to get away from that style. I'm used to M.O.A., but do understand Mils. I'm interested in the M-Rad reticle and if I can change my way of calculating, with enough practice, I think it might work. I don't shoot in any fast moving comps. so that's not an issue, because most of my shooting with that gun is done prone or benched, I can either dial or hold-off on my shots (hold-off for wind, dial for distance), I really don't need a "cluttered/busy" reticle and to have the clearest glass possible in the price range of these scopes (don't really want to spend more than $1200.00 on a scope for such a small caliber). If anyone can give me an honest eval. of these two scopes, it's muchly appreciated. Mac:cool:

Last edited:
I'm thinking I'm going to be in the market to upgrade optics on one of my .223 AR's soon. I seen this thread and checked the descriptions on the Meopta Optica6 4.5x27x50 & 5x30x56 scopes. I do 600 yd. shoots and my Nikon 4x16x42 is leaving me a little wanting, due to older eyes. The reticle is a BDC and I want to get away from that style. I'm used to M.O.A., but do understand Mils. I'm interested in the M-Rad reticle and if I can change my way of calculating, with enough practice, I think it might work. I don't shoot in any fast moving comps. so that's not an issue, because most of my shooting with that gun is done prone or benched, I can either dial or hold-off on my shots (hold-off for wind, dial for distance), I really don't need a "cluttered/busy" reticle and to have the clearest glass possible in the price range of these scopes (don't really want to spend more than $1200.00 on a scope for such a small caliber). If anyone can give me an honest eval. of these two scopes, it's muchly appreciated. Mac:cool:

I have not seen the the 4.5-27x50 yet, but I have been testing the 5-30x56 for a while and I like it quite a bit. I also designed the MRAD reticle for Meopta, so I am somewhat partial to that.

In terms of optical performance Optika6 is exceedingly good for the money and unless you go with a used scope, I doubt you will find anything better under $1200.

ILya

I have not seen the the 4.5-27x50 yet, but I have been testing the 5-30x56 for a while and I like it quite a bit. I also designed the MRAD reticle for Meopta, so I am somewhat partial to that.

In terms of optical performance Optika6 is exceedingly good for the money and unless you go with a used scope, I doubt you will find anything better under $1200.

ILya
Thanks for the reply Koshkin. I'm like everyone else, "want the best, for the least". I also watched your video and thought it explained the reticle well. Will keep an eye on this thread and see what shakes out. Thanks again. Mac:cool:

Reactions: Jknox1030
Got to run it today.. Meopta is going to sell a lot of these if word gets out. Everything worked great, optics are super clear, parallax on point, can’t complain!

glad to see other positive reviews/experience with the Optika6.
I liked my 3-18 FFP even more after shooting with it; looking forward to another range trip.
By the way, anyone know what Meopta series of sunshades fits the Optika6?

ILya

Since I have been watching your videos, I now read your posts and hear the words in your voice and Russian accent... ?

By the way, anyone know what Meopta series of sunshades fits the Optika6?

Been wanting to know this too. Meopta's website doesn't say a thing for the one sunshade they have listed.

The specs page for the 5-30x56 I have on order lists the thread as M61 x 0.75

And as a side note - anyone else think Meopta was completely unprepared for what would happen if they started releasing scopes that our segment of the market gave a shit about?

Just saying lol.

I am just happy that after all these years they are really pushing forward. It takes effort to grow, but they are making the right moves.

ILya

Reactions: jafo96
Has anyone set their zero stop yet? I am an idiot and can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance

Eddie

Here you go:

There are three Allen screw set-screws positioned around the zero stop collar.

Using a 1.5mm Allen key, loosen the three set screws, being careful not to back them out so far that they fall
out or can get hung up on the stop when rotating. A quarter-turn per screw should be sufficient.

With the set screws loosened, rotate the collar CLOCKWISE until it is FULLY SEATED against the stop.
TIGHTEN the three set screws so the collar stays locked in place against the stop.

BCLMyAM.png

Here you go:

There are three Allen screw set-screws positioned around the zero stop collar.

Using a 1.5mm Allen key, loosen the three set screws, being careful not to back them out so far that they fall
out or can get hung up on the stop when rotating. A quarter-turn per screw should be sufficient.

With the set screws loosened, rotate the collar CLOCKWISE until it is FULLY SEATED against the stop.
TIGHTEN the three set screws so the collar stays locked in place against the stop.

BCLMyAM.png

My three set screws came in a baggie and I see no where to screw them in. Can you take a pic showing where they screw in?

The 3 in the bag are extra setscrews. One thing to pay attention to is that you may need to remove the stop gear (held in by the slotted screw) to get at the last setscrews. Pay attention to how that gear is oriented when you put it back on otherwise your zero will end up a rotation or two off.

The 3 in the bag are extra setscrews. One thing to pay attention to is that you may need to remove the stop gear (held in by the slotted screw) to get at the last setscrews. Pay attention to how that gear is oriented when you put it back on otherwise your zero will end up a rotation or two off.

Does the gold/brass piece come off?

Last edited:
The brass piece doesn't come off. From your picture, just loosen the 3 setscrews on the silver collar and rotate it clockwise until it hits the stop. Here's how it should look at the zero position:
IMG_20191014_174152819.jpg

My three set screws came in a baggie and I see no where to screw them in. Can you take a pic showing where they screw in?

The ones in the bag are extras. If you look around the silver collar you will see there are 3 set-screws already in place.

HY2r2IE.png

The top of my stop collar is level with the brass piece. I couldn't see the set screws, I had to pry the collar up and then it was all easy. Thanks Jl937, all good now.

The top of my stop collar is level with the brass piece. I couldn't see the set screws, I had to pry the collar up and then it was all easy. Thanks Jl937, all good now.
Next time just pull the turret up like you're going to adjust it and the collar screws will be accessible once you remove the turret. Guess I forgot to mention that part

I can't wait to see a full test on the 5-30. If it's performs great I'm in for a couple of them.

Last edited:
I am in the same boat, those estimated delivery window is pretty big.

I've had a 1-6 #4C reticle since they first came out. What would you like to know?

How's the glass quality compared to other scopes? (Steiner PX4I, Vortex Razor, etc). Does it feel durable? What is your overall experience and would you recommend this one over the above?

Thanks!

Glass is really nice. I don't have either of those scopes to compare. Illumination could be better. On setting 6 it is usable in daylight but just barely. I don't have enough time on it to comment on long term durability. The clicks are not great, but that doesn't really matter on a capped LPVO scope anyway. I do like the integrated holes for the included "cat tail." I need more time and use on it to really give it a solid review.

I've had a 1-6 #4C reticle since they first came out. What would you like to know?

Disappointing to hear about the mediocre illumination.

How is the scope at 1x? Any distortion, especially at the edges? Does it look like a "true 1x" (e.g. red dot)?

Do you have any other LPVOs that you could compare it to?

@koshkin you know as much about Meoptas plan as anyone, word is on another forum that Meopta told a guy they were dropping the SFP 1-6x 223RD option. Any idea why? I just went from being really excited to completely uninterested if its true.

@koshkin you know as much about Meoptas plan as anyone, word is on another forum that Meopta told a guy they were dropping the SFP 1-6x 223RD option. Any idea why? I just went from being really excited to completely uninterested if its true.
Some scope/reticle combos are being dropped completely or pushed back to Q1 2020 production; those being the ones that received little demand. Reason being, they can focus on the high demand options to increase production and get more of those out to dealers and consumers faster.

@shiples1 I'm sure that all makes perfect business sense, they're making a majority of potential customers happier, but they're also losing a small minority entirely.
Any idea if the the scope/reticle mentioned above falls into the nixed or just delayed category?

@shiples1 I'm sure that all makes perfect business sense, they're making a majority of potential customers happier, but they're also losing a small minority entirely.
Any idea if the the scope/reticle mentioned above falls into the nixed or just delayed category?

WILL NOT BE PRODUCED
653546RIFLESCOPE OPTIKA6 1-6X24 FFP .223
653547RIFLESCOPE OPTIKA6 1-6X24 FFP Kdot
653555RIFLESCOPE OPTIKA6 1-6X24 FFP IL Z-Plus
653562RIFLESCOPE OPTIKA6 3-18X50 FFP .223
653563RIFLESCOPE OPTIKA6 3-18X50 FFP .308
653564RIFLESCOPE OPTIKA6 3-18X50 FFP 6.5 CREEDMOR
653575RIFLESCOPE OPTIKA6 3-18X56 FFP Z-PLEX
653607RIFLESCOPE OPTIKA6 5-30X56 FFP IL 6.5 CREEDMOOR
653611RIFLESCOPE OPTIKA6 1-6X24 SFP IL .223
653617RIFLESCOPE OPTIKA6 2.5-15X44 SFP .223
653618RIFLESCOPE OPTIKA6 2.5-15X44 SFP .308
653625RIFLESCOPE OPTIKA6 2-5-15X44 SFP IL Z-PLlus
653628RIFLESCOPE OPTIKA6 2-5-15X44 SFP IL K-Dot
653632RIFLESCOPE OPTIKA6 3-18X50 SFP .223
653633RIFLESCOPE OPTIKA6 3-18X50 SFP 6.5 CREEDMOOR
653674RIFLESCOPE OPTIKA6 3-18x56 SFP DichroTech Z-Plus

Reactions: SageRatSafaris
DELAYED for Q1 2020 production:

653560RIFLESCOPE OPTIKA6 3-18X50 FFP Z-Plex
653590RIFLESCOPE OPTIKA6 4.5-27X50 FFP Z-Plex
653592RIFLESCOPE OPTIKA6 4.5-27X50 FFP IL .223
653606RIFLESCOPE OPTIKA6 5-30X56 FFP IL .308
653610RIFLESCOPE OPTIKA6 1-6X24 SFP Z-Plex
653641RIFLESCOPE OPTIKA6 3-18X50 SFP IL .223
653673RIFLESCOPE OPTIKA6 4.5-27X50 SFP IL 6.5 Creedmoor

Bummer.
Scratch Meopta off the list....

Thanks for the definitive info though!

OpticsPlanet just told me end of January for the 5-30 MRAD RD. I cancelled. Probably go Midas Tac 34mm or see what if I can get a steal on another ETR and be done with it.

Reactions: Jknox1030
OpticsPlanet just told me end of January for the 5-30 MRAD RD. I cancelled. Probably go Midas Tac 34mm or see what if I can get a steal on another ETR and be done with it.

Over 3 months... did Meopta just grossly underestimate the demand for their scopes? I wonder what's going on. I have the same scope on order from Cameraland, I hope it's not quite that long before I get my hands on it.

Reactions: bman940

I don't have
Over 3 months... did Meopta just grossly underestimate the demand for their scopes? I wonder what's going on. I have the same scope on order from Cameraland, I hope it's not quite that long before I get my hands on it.

Yep, if that's the case everywhere I'll just look for an ETR too and try a Meopta later next year when someone has tested the hell out of it.

Shiples, Thank you for the update. I haven't seen that info previously. Makes sense to get what guys want on their rifles out to them ASAP. I have heard from a number of hunters who are excited about the 2.5-15x44 configuration, a versatile hunting set up. I am loving my 3-18x56, yes, 56. Amazing light gathering capabilities that has dispatched a number of OK swine after sunset.