• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns New old School Colt Python

Jeffvn

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
I just snagged a new to me "old school" Colt Python, with 4" barrel. The bluing is stunning. Its in awesome condition with no scratches, pristine bore, no evidence of wear on the front or backside of the cylinder, and only the barest hint of a cylinder ring. The pictures do not do it justice.

It will never look this good again, as I intend to shoot it and shoot it frequently. No more safe queens in my gun safe.

photobucket-31062-1339258417864.jpg

photobucket-26886-1339258449129.jpg

Re: New old School Colt Python

Nice!
I will trade you for a 4" with light wear... that way you will not feel as guilty when you use it
smile.gif

Nothing like the Colt bluing that is for sure.
Shoot the snit out of it. If you want to restore the luster, Colt will re blue it for you.
Had them re do my python, no regrets.

I have two Pythons, a six inch nickel and a Python Hunter, and a four inch Anaconda. There is something about a Colt revolver that just stands above others. I have really been lusting after a two inch Python, but they are really spendy.

Very nice! I started getting into revolvers about a year ago and now my safe is conflicted with brand new bolt actions wearing modern scopes, and 50 year old revolvers! They're great and I especially love the Colts, and the older lockwork ones at that (Python, original Trooper, 3-5-7, etc).

I held off getting my Python for years because the prices were and are getting stupid high. But the prices never went down, and I had wanted one since I before I joined the Corps back in 76. When my local dealer posted this one on an auction site that I had been watching, I had to go visit and drool for a bit. The rest is history...

Agreed - current day blot action rifles with high-tech scopes and either 100 year old 1911s or 50 year old revolvers.... I'm glad to see so many snake lovers on the Hide.

Jeffvn

Best damn revolvers ever made! I've got a 4" nickel Python sitting in a safety deposit box at the bank and a 4" Anaconda that gets shot regularly! I'm always looking for more!

Python and Diamondback are very cool stylistically. Owned a Python and my brother owned a Diamanodback .38; both 4". Nice guns but sold my Python years ago w/no regrets.

Found I preferred S&W lockwork much more over any Colt revolver. Have a Pristine model 27 w/pinned 8-3/8" barrel that is way more than any Python ever made.

Still like the looks of the 6" Python though. Hope you enjoy your gun...