• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New OM Nemesis .50 BMG "Charlie"

Darius

Private
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2004
Geneva Switzerland
AMSD Geneva (Switzerland) presents its third version of its HD sniper gun:

_DSC0914.jpg

This is the third "Charlie" version, five years after having issued the previous version, benefiting from the extensive field experience gained over this period.

The first thing you will notice is that the Nemesis has been on diet i.e. the naked full opting version (VI) weights slightly over 26 pounds (11.8 kg); equipped with loader, 5 rounds and a Schmidt & Bender 5-25x56 PM2 scope, combat weight is just over 32 pounds (14,8 kg); the gun has become completely stainless; all steel parts have been hardened using the Tennifer proces (e.g. Glock); all bolts and nuts are stainless and blackened.

The security switch has now 3 positions, the additional one blocks the bolt (wanted by the military). The trigger is a genuine competition trigger but resisting to a harsh military environment, and succeeding the Nato Stanag drop test; magazines clip now in the receiver just as with an AK47; all design lines have been smoothed in order not to offer any angles.

There are certainly another 50 improvements, too long to list but feel free. We are in the process to finalize the distribution in the US.
_DSC0915.jpg

3-position security trigger:
_DSC0934.jpg

light-weight HD bipod:
_DSC0936.jpg

fully loaded version with S&B and NiteSpot 50 from Vectronix:
_DSC0945.jpg

_DSC0947.jpg

Nemesis with integrated silencer:
_DSC0920.jpg

There is full range of barrel lengths; barrels are exchangeable within 5 minutes and do not need headspace adjustment.

Re: New OM Nemesis .50 BMG "Charlie"

I can't begin to imagine what I would do with it... But I want one anyway.

Wow, I've seen a lot of guns and most don't do anything for me any more. Looking at these pics, my heart skipped a beat!

Nice!

Shawn

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">shame the company in europe has such a bad name, now dropped by fcsa because of poor service etc etc,
Id stick to the .50 from pgm france as its the orginal design
and has fantastic customer service, and france can export . </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dave338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">shame the company in europe has such a bad name, now dropped by fcsa because of poor service etc etc,
Id stick to the .50 from pgm france as its the orginal design
and has fantastic customer service, and france can export . </div></div>

I can imagine from where this sort of badmouthing comes from. The "original" design is so far away. An I have a serious lough about export facilities from France of what they call Cat 1 weaponry; I hope you are very patient.

damn thats interesting

I wish you could get them here. Only one I know of in the states is owned by fcsa(kinda of a cluster
f#$@ that turned into a big pissing match)??

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">darius
I am very sorry but its not really badmouthing, it is unfortunatly fact, if you look at the fcsa uk and swiss , you will see the probs with dealing with the manufacturer.
I also have first hand experience of dealing with them, something that will not be repeated
it is always very unpleasent when a company cant gets it act together.
and as far as the original goes the guy who owns the company used to work for PGM a couple of years ago,he was involved in the initial design , this nemesis is basically the same action with a few whistles and bells added,
and france ive had no probs at all getting stuff, but how easy it is importing into the US i dont know</span>

what is the barrel length? looks pretty damn short...

Hi Dave, sorry about this. Since last december AMSD has been turned in to a limited company, to give the company the means (organizational & financial) of being turned into a production company from what was initially an engineering bureau. For about 9 months, the old AMSD has not been in a position to deliver new gear (the old batch was exhausted and the new one was still under development). I am one of the founders of FCSA Switzerland and no bad news from their side, except frustration, as AMSD has favored deliveries to its primary customers i.e the military and police forces. I can insure you that delivery time of orders has now been reduced to less than 45 days. It is true that the CEO, Chris Movigliatti, has worked for PGM (as he did for Brügger & Thomet, Fabrique Nationale etc), so the designs have the same philosophy. Owing a Hecate 2 as well, I can insure that the two guns have no one single piece in common anymore, and its is clear that the Nemesis is about 15 years younger than the Hecate, the latter having never really evolved over time. Most of the Hecate's in possession of the Swiss military or police forces have in the meantime being turned in for Nemesises. If you want more info, do not hesitate to send me a PM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rogue308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what is the barrel length? looks pretty damn short... </div></div>

Standard length is 700mm i.e. 27.5". But barrels are available up to 900mm / 35.4". In fact you have 450mm*, 600mm*, 700mm, 800mm and 900mm available (* for armed forces only).

wow. 27.5''. must be an effective brake. would hate to spot for the guy shooting it. i think the behind the shooter in between the legs method might have to be used. looks like an interesting rifle though.

To give you an idea, herewith a short video with the older version tough:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/teLIRkX2jTY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/teLIRkX2jTY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

check out the guy shooting the urban model. i'm not sure he meant for the rifle to go off when it did. if he did than that's a pretty weird trigger sqeeze with no follow through. sorry i don't want to hijack this. it looks like the suppressor helps a lot. very cool looking rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rogue308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">check out the guy shooting the urban model. i'm not sure he meant for the rifle to go off when it did. if he did than that's a pretty weird trigger sqeeze with no follow through. sorry i don't want to hijack this. it looks like the suppressor helps a lot. very cool looking rifle. </div></div>

This was just a test to analyze the behavior of the system (shooter & gun), there was no target at all; so you are right with the trigger squeeze.

futher to my earlier posts

just got off the phone with AMSD and <span style="color: #FF0000">I would have no hesitation at all in recomemding there product, </span>customer service issues resolved, and a full explanation given of situation.
Thanks to all at AMSD
[pm if you want full details]

A few years ago, the French gov't would not allow the Hecate, to be exported to the U.S. - in addition to other countries. It was not a problem to obtain approval on a Form 6.

Perhaps today, you can obtain an export permit from the French Gov't ?

The customer service with PGM is excellent.

PGM answered all my e-mails and were helpful.

International Sniper Competition in Belgium

Herewith some pictures taken after the competition with the OM 50 Nemesis. The pictures are off course not close to the competition or a real situation; in the aforementioned cases you would simply see nothing...

DSC00884.jpg

DSC00874.jpg

DSC00895.jpg

DSC00936.jpg

DSC00943.jpg

Re: International Sniper Competition in Belgium

Can this rifle be bought in the US?

Thanks

Rich

whats the retail price roughly?? its a nice boom stick

I really want to shoot this thing with the 15" barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Darius</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rogue308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what is the barrel length? looks pretty damn short... </div></div>

Standard length is 700mm i.e. 27.5". But barrels are available up to 900mm / 35.4". In fact you have 450mm*, 600mm*, 700mm, 800mm and 900mm available (* for armed forces only). </div></div>

Interesting! apparently, the AIAW50 also has the same barrel length. Will be interesting to see the comparision.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srv656s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, I've seen a lot of guns and most don't do anything for me any more. Looking at these pics, my heart skipped a beat!

Nice!

Shawn </div></div>

+1, thats one beautiful piece of machinery

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lonewolf7,62</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a .338LM version of this rifle as well? </div></div>

Should be out Q1/2010; same principle but scaled down

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jpmuscle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whats the retail price roughly?? its a nice boom stick</div></div>

In Switzerland between +- 9250 (basic version / fixed but quick detachable buttstock; but upgradeable) and 12500 Swiss francs for the full option version (NV Picatinny; bipod; monopod; collapsible buttstock)

Yes KGI is the only importer of this weapon system in the US.

We are placing our first shipment of these rifles that are currently being exported from Switzerland and low serial numbers are still available. This will be the only shipment from Switzerland that we will receive due to a law that is being passed that would prohibit Swiss made arms from being exported. Due to this upcoming change, this Swiss shipment will have great appeal to collectors.

Please call me at (011) 479.474.1680 if you have any questions. Also, check out THOR GDG on the web at: http://www.thorgdg.com/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wade_H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes KGI is the only importer of this weapon system in the US.

We are placing our first shipment of these rifles that are currently being exported from Switzerland and low serial numbers are still available. This will be the only shipment from Switzerland that we will receive due to a law that is being passed that would prohibit Swiss made arms from being exported. Due to this upcoming change, this Swiss shipment will have great appeal to collectors.

Please call me at (011) 479.474.1680 if you have any questions. Also, check out THOR GDG on the web at: http://www.thorgdg.com/
</div></div>

First, last Sunday, the Swiss people rejected, with a vast majority, the prohibition of exporting war material by Switzerland (this is now the third time, that such "people's initiative" has been rejected). So, in simple words, export is free to friendly countries (e.g. USA).

Furthermore, having spoken to the CEO of AMSD, the negotiation process to having Thor/Knessek as distributor is still not finalized; and there is no brand such as "Thor Nemesis"; the gun is produced in Switzerland by AMSD and is branded as "OM 50 Nemesis, manufactured by AMSD Geneva".

This to clarify and correct this matter.