• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Orleans

DocRDS

Head Maffs Monkey
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
The Great Beyond
Conference down at Riverfront.

Looking for good local things to do Sun-Wed.

Ww2 museum is on the list.

Looking for:
local food recommend (Rather not do big chains)
Blues music
Evening random stuff for egghead
All stuff must be within 1 mi of convention center (aka walking distance for an middle age dood)

The best gumbo is the Palace on Canal. For breakfast Ruby Slipper. Best char grilled Oysters Burbon house. Corner of Bourbon and Iberville. I go the NOLA every month. If you want to see really stupid shit walk down bourbon st. Don't carry you cell phone in your back pocket. And don't fall for the where you got your shoes scam

Reactions: Expert684
Just curious...how is Arnaud's now days?

But, agree. Head on swivel and even then people are going to pop up out of nowhere.

Ahhh, Canal at night. I had to cross that to get to the Aloft when it first opened..in 2015...YIKES!!!!!!!! My head was on a swivel and I KNOW I was being followed or something. Just had that "feeling" that I need to walk with determination, yet not show fear, and keep my wits. Nothing happened; but Nawlins isn't my favorite city by any means.

I'd much prefer carrying a SCAR17 or something with me in that city; with a backup MP7 and a HK VP9 as that backup, then an LCP Max as that backup's backup. Aka...more backups than Paldin.

ps..the crappiest shoe you can wear and still get in an establishment. Then...BURN THEM.

Forgot two:
These two are close to the Convention center area. Both are owned by the same folks and are only a few doors down from each other.
Food is Awesome!
Head on a swivel at all times and watch for chicks with dicks around Bourbon Street! :ROFLMAO:

Gumbo Shop. Sometimes they have a daily special. One of the best meals I've had.

Then hit Pat O'Brien's for some hurricanes.

Strange as it may sound, Pat Obrien's has the best crawdad etouffee that I've had anywhere. I spent quite a bit of time in Biloxi and tried every backwater shithole cajun restaurant that I could find and their etouffee is really good.
And the coffee and beignets above are delicious.

Another vote for Ruby Slipper breakfast. Katies in mid city was really good too. If you don't mind a bit of drive Salvo's in Belle Chasse for seafood was fantastic. I like Cafe Beignet better than Du Monde.

Didn't see the 1 mile requirement at first.

I enjoyed Cochon and that should be within range.

Just curious...how is Arnaud's now days?

But, agree. Head on swivel and even then people are going to pop up out of nowhere.

Ahhh, Canal at night. I had to cross that to get to the Aloft when it first opened..in 2015...YIKES!!!!!!!! My head was on a swivel and I KNOW I was being followed or something. Just had that "feeling" that I need to walk with determination, yet not show fear, and keep my wits. Nothing happened; but Nawlins isn't my favorite city by any means.

I'd much prefer carrying a SCAR17 or something with me in that city; with a backup MP7 and a HK VP9 as that backup, then an LCP Max as that backup's backup. Aka...more backups than Paldin.

ps..the crappiest shoe you can wear and still get in an establishment. Then...BURN THEM.
Funny you should mention that. Back 2020 and 2021 during the mostly peaceful protests, my daily carry was and always is with me. S&W M&P full sized 9 mm with a 17 rd double stack mag, 2 extra loaded mags, another 200 rds within arms reach. And my secondary daily carry was my Windham Weaponry Dissipator M4 A3 (iron sights, which suit me fine) in 5.56, 30 rd mag in, 1 in the chamber, safety on. Another 5 mags of 30 rds each within reach. Read my signature.

Fortunately, I did not have to deploy that. The rifle was in a non-descript bag I could carry from vehicle to office (in Dallas) and my 9 is in an OWB under a large angler shirt.

In addition, where I work is kind of an industrial area, rather than downtown or in an "arts" district. Real and honest work is kryptonite to those protesters, like work boots and father's day cards.

Home is in a small town with 4 churches and 1 stop sign. In between is .8 Mach.

Find my thread on this. Lots of good suggestions.

Definitely go to the WWII museum. They are concealed carry friendly as well. Just take your license to the security desk and they will check you in. Pro tip- don’t fuck around in the WWII museum. There were 70+ people logged in the book the day I went. Eat before you go, watch the movie in 4D, get prepared fora 6 hour visit.

Reactions: muzzleloader
Conference down at Riverfront.

Looking for good local things to do Sun-Wed.

Ww2 museum is on the list.

Looking for:
local food recommend (Rather not do big chains)
Blues music
Evening random stuff for egghead
All stuff must be within 1 mi of convention center (aka walking distance for an middle age dood)
WWll Museum a 👍👍🇺🇸🇺🇸

Reactions: Ronws
The best gumbo is the Palace on Canal. For breakfast Ruby Slipper. Best char grilled Oysters Burbon house. Corner of Bourbon and Iberville. I go the NOLA every month. If you want to see really stupid shit walk down bourbon st. Don't carry you cell phone in your back pocket. And don't fall for the where you got your shoes scam
I’ve got those fuckers on my feet. Now back up…