• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New press announcement from Area 419

can anyone tell me how far below the mounting plate the linkage and handle hangs. looking at getting one of those inline fab mounts but debating on the height I should get.

With a 1.5" table top.
20201024_123713.jpg

Reactions: kingaling
I’ve been waiting for these to arrive, for reloading mostly .308, .338, and some 5.56.

Should I het a Prezi or this? it will be replacing a very old rock chucker.

Reactions: LongRangeActual
I’ve been waiting for these to arrive, for reloading mostly .308, .338, and some 5.56.

Should I het a Prezi or this? it will be replacing a very old rock chucker.
Absolutely no need for the prazi. Especially after using the zero. The zero is 100% capable for what you're looking for.

Reactions: E-Tool
I set mine up on a 6" riser and I think it's too tall. That handle is looooong and seems better suited for a flush mount. Luckily I have a flush mount plate but I need to wait until it's not 11 degrees in my shop.

I was trying to order one using my
phone but keep getting a shipping error.

They have a 4” riser option available on the site. Will try on my computer in a jiffy.

Anything shorter than 6" will require you to hang the press off the front of the bench. When I said 6" is too high I mean I'd rather have it flush with the bench due to the length of the handle. I realize the handle stroke length can be shortened but it will eventually hit the horizontal frame of my bench on the downstroke.

If it’s as easy and smooth as folks say I wouldn’t have an issue shortening the handle, or sitting on a taller stool.

I really want one but it would sit in the box for a long time until I have a bigger house to have a reloading station.

I’d have to sell it afford the press. I do but it would be a pain moving and assembling all the time.

Could NOT BE HAPPIER with this press. I wouldn't ever have expected anything less from the 419 crew. This will make changes in the industry, no doubt about it.

I have my ZERO next to my PRAZI and its giving it a run for its money.
The ZERO has NO linkage play, whereas the PRAZI has some(hardly any). Everything on the ZERO is so balanced. Ya'll will love it. Worth every singe penny. View attachment 7452923
Damn that's nice.

Damn there's some nice reloading rooms in here! The Area 419 press sure looks at home in some of those reloading suites.

Has anyone seen any downrange benefit to this press? Or is it more of a "nice to have" luxury item that makes reloading more enjoyable?

Damn there's some nice reloading rooms in here! The Area 419 press sure looks at home in some of those reloading suites.

Has anyone seen any downrange benefit to this press? Or is it more of a "nice to have" luxury item that makes reloading more enjoyable?

IMO, and this is with zero testing, the Value of the press is more the ease of use and fatigue on your arm as well as the turret head being very nice for keeping single stage stuff in order and not have to move things.

I also don’t doubt that it might reduce some runout. However, as with many things, I doubt very many (if not none) can shoot the difference.

Thats not a knock on the press at all. As soon as there is a case eject system, I will own one.

Reactions: kthomas

im thinking about starting to reload and i thought the same thing, i dont have anywhere except a work bench in the garage

IMO, and this is with zero testing, the Value of the press is more the ease of use and fatigue on your arm as well as the turret head being very nice for keeping single stage stuff in order and not have to move things.

I also don’t doubt that it might reduce some runout. However, as with many things, I doubt very many (if not none) can shoot the difference.

Thats not a knock on the press at all. As soon as there is a case eject system, I will own one.

It looks like an awesome press, and like you, I'm not knocking it.

It seems like it's got some really nice well thought out features, and obvious high build quality.

Unfortunately with me going back to school as a graduate student, every dollar I spend in this sport, especially the reloading room, has to come with a quantifiable difference downrange. I can't afford luxury items anymore. Thankfully my reloading room is stocked with gear such as Autotrickler, AMP annealer, Giraud trimmer, etc., so I think I got my bases covered for the foreseeable future.

Anyways, I'll be lurking to see if people do see any downrange benefits. But like you state, it seems like a really nice luxury piece for the reloading room, which makes me envious of others that can afford to have it :p

This ☝ is why I got one. The reduction in fatigue in my hands and wrist was what I was looking for, and it greatly exceeded my expectations.

Reactions: kthomas
Anyone see the bullet seating plate they just added to the site? Interesting concept and for $30 it might be worth a shot.

I’d like to see a kit that has:

Thread insert that blanks off one of the turret spots
Adapter for ram that holds the Wilson seater base
Short handle that provides better feel

This would basically turn the press into an inverted arbor press. You raise the chamber seating die up into the blanked turret spots, instead of lowering the arbor head.

I’d like to see a kit that has:

Thread insert that blanks off one of the turret spots
Adapter for ram that holds the Wilson seater base
Short handle that provides better feel

This would basically turn the press into an inverted arbor press. You raise the chamber seating die up into the blanked turret spots, instead of lowering the arbor head.
You can make the handle shorter now to fit your needs. I have used it long to resize with and shorter to deprime brass

so sorry for stupid question, is this basically a improved redding t7 turret press

Not really. The turret on the 419 isn’t a quick move. So you won’t be using it that way.

Think of this as a high end (some would say luxury) precision single stage press that utilizes a turret head to provide a repeatable fit as well as storage of dies.

That thing looks as awesome as advertised. Imagine if those guys decided to make a indexing press. Not using the P word. Pass it on.

ordered mine already can't wait to get it and see if it lives up to the hype. i am sure it will

what press were you using prior?

21st century hydro and non hydro presses for seating. I’ll be getting the AMP electronic seating press when it’s available as well.

Was using a co-ax for sizing/mandrel. Just got a Dillon 650. Will use the Dillon when I’m in a hurry or practice ammo. Zero press for others. Also getting a .300 Norma for some mile matches down here. Will use zero press for that.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
21st century hydro and non hydro presses for seating. I’ll be getting the AMP electronic seating press when it’s available as well.

Was using a co-ax for sizing/mandrel. Just got a Dillon 650. Will use the Dillon when I’m in a hurry or practice ammo. Zero press for others. Also getting a .300 Norma for some mile matches down here. Will use zero press for that.
if your going to go with a magnum length why not go 338LM AI? then you can shoot 300gr bullets at 3100?

Reactions: joemusso
For you guys waiting on your Zero press you won't be disapointed. I have had mine for a couple weeks now and I love it. I just processed 1000 380 cases, I know on a single stage press, I even have a Hornady lock n load but i prefer using a single stage press. How smooth the press is, the rolling handle and the fact that you can raise or lower the arm all make it a pleasure to work with. Area 419 did it again with this bad boy.