• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New press announcement from Area 419

Appreciate the kind words at the end.

The press isn't for everyone, and we've never acted like it was. It's aimed at guys that reload a variety of calibers and are looking for absolute precision and consistency in their reloads over multiple batches. It's also going to be appealing to guys that are willing to invest in a piece that looks and feels like nothing else on the market and can appreciate the details put into making it the finest reloading press you can buy.

I'm excited for some guys in this thread to get their presses this coming week, and for others to have theirs shipped next week!

I'm in on the next batch. My Forster will be on the market shortly there after.

@flyer1a Is there any timeframe on when you may be taking more orders for the press?

We are expecting more foam Th or Fr of this week, so whenever we get the rest of this batch in boxes and moving, we will open up another round. The next round acts like it's going to ship around Thanksgiving. If you're not on the waitlist (go to the product page on Area419 dot com and sign up) you need to get that way!

Order #91470 Here. (August 5, 2020). No shipping notices yet, but I can't wait.

@flyer1a Is there any timeframe on when you may be taking more orders for the press?

I’m wanting to know the same thing. I know I should have pulled the trigger on the 1st round and kicking myself that I didn’t. Hopefully the 2nd go-round isn’t to much longer. Wishful thinking Christmas- New Years delivery....

Mins 904xx ... from mid July. Cant wait to try this puppy. Get to use my warner 1 1/4 resizing dies (3) with my SAC seating dies --- thats awesome. Get to have a dedicated 45-90 and 45-70 balckpowder turret - setting those up each time has been a PITA. so going to be nice to load the turret heads and leave em alone

Reactions: scatterbrains
Looks like Monday will start our pack/ship again with a UPS semi coming on Wednesday to pick up the pallets.

Do you mean some are shipping with UPS on Wednesday and the last of this first batch will ship Monday?

Do you mean some are shipping with UPS on Wednesday and the last of this first batch will ship Monday?

we will be receiving the remainder of our needed packaging on Monday, 10/19, and will begin to pack more. We expect all customer orders and domestic dealer orders will leave here on 10/21 when UPS sends a semi for pickup. Given the fact that this will be 9-10 pallets of presses weighing about 850lbs per pallet, they’ve asked us not to try to get these all on a standard UPS box truck for obvious reasons.

Mine arrived this afternoon. It’s beautiful. I’m going to mess around with it and establish some first impressions.

Big thanks to the 419 Crew.

F2054EBD-EAEB-4532-9A27-6DBF96551713.jpeg

Mine arrived this afternoon. It’s beautiful. I’m going to mess around with it and establish some first impressions.

Big thanks to the 419 Crew.

View attachment 7445262

That's certainly a nice looking press.

Some of the features are very well thought out. The revolving plate to hold different dies may be my favorite.

Unfortunately I'm not flush with cash anymore, and I see this press more as a luxury then something that's going to add a lot of functionality over current cheaper presses, but I can see why some would want this for their reloading room.

I'm curious to hear if anyone's reloads actually improve with this press, or if it's more of a high end luxury item.

cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do we have QDs from Inline for them also? I am f'ed wihtout the inline QD i ordered

What’s the word on the in-line fab case eject system being modified/released for the Zero press?

Being able to flick a sized case out with my left hand while holding/putting another case in at the same time with my Co-Ax (and the zero looking like I’d need to make two handlings of brass) is the only reason I haven’t ordered one yet.

When you’re sizing a few hundred a week or at a single sitting, being able to keep my right hand on lever and not having to handle brass twice with my left hand, adds up.

What’s the word on the in-line fab case eject system being modified/released for the Zero press?

Being able to flick a sized case out with my left hand while holding/putting another case in at the same time with my Co-Ax (and the zero looking like I’d need to make two handlings of brass) is the only reason I haven’t ordered one yet.

You have an in-line case ejector on your coax?

Reactions: joemusso
You have an in-line case ejector on your coax?

No. I said I flick the brass out with my left hand as I insert the next. The Co-ax allows this because of the jaws. A shell holder would require the ejector which is why I asked about the zero being compatible.

No. I said I flick the brass out with my left hand as I insert the next. The Co-ax allows this because of the jaws. A shell holder would require the ejector which is why I asked about the zero being compatible.

I have the shell holder conversion in my CoAx and I think it is even easier to flick out the cases than the jaws. I'm sure the Zero will work just as well but may be harder to find a box or tray that will fit under the ram without the handle arm interfering.

Reactions: Dthomas3523

When you’re sizing a few hundred a week or at a single sitting, being able to keep my right hand on lever and not having to handle brass twice with my left hand, adds up.
Dan @ Inline is going to do one, though I don't know his timeline.

Reactions: Dthomas3523
I have the shell holder conversion in my CoAx and I think it is even easier to flick out the cases than the jaws. I'm sure the Zero will work just as well but may be harder to find a box or tray that will fit under the ram without the handle arm interfering.

Agreed. I think it’s going to need a ramp to function properly. I’ll likely grab a zero once that is available.

I spent my beans on buying another ZCO glass. This press looks fantastic, can't wait to hear the reviews once everyone receives theirs.

Reactions: kthomas
Well well well I got a email myself!!! I have some 308 and 223 that need to be reloaded!!!!

I know it hasn’t been long, any initial impressions or quick reviews? I see the ordering is open again 🤔

I know it hasn’t been long, any initial impressions or quick reviews? I see the ordering is open again 🤔
I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but fit and function are beyond anything I've ever owned. I purchased based purely
on ergonomics (limited dexterity in both hands), and so far it's everything they said it would be, and then some.
Apparently, I'm dancing to a song only I can hear, since I do things in the "not normal" way. I operate a press and primer seater with my
left hand and sit off at about 45 deg. from center to the right. There's more than ample clearance on both sides of the ram for fat fingers
that don't work so good.

Just a couple of pics of my limited space setup. I prefer for the press to sit back from the front of my bench top. Fortunately, it only took a little sanding to get it to fit in the cut out for the Co-ax
I whipped up a mounting plate out of some scrap I had laying around.
PXL_20201021_210807997~2.jpgPXL_20201021_210827536~2.jpg

@flyer1a Who are the dealers that will have it in stock? Just curious.
I'm unsure who has units that aren't already sold, but Anarchy Outdoors, Brownells, and Scheels all have multiples headed their way. Some other dealers have orders in, but I think those are personal units, just to see what they're all about before they push in a larger order.

Reactions: NiteQwill
New reloader, just got it. I've had an RCBS RS2 from a garage sale for $10 for a couple years that I cleaned up a couple weeks ago that was rusty and gummed up with grease. Yep, grease.
The zero press, makes that press look and feel exactly like the $10 I spent on it. Also, pictures, just don't do this thing any justice. Which I won't have any for awhile as I actually need to build a bench now. Going to be 2" square tubing with butcher block top. Have tubing, not really looking forward to all the welding. Pictures in the perfect reloading room thread Sunday most likely.

• Love
Reactions: flyer1a
Really excited!! Just took the plunge and hopped into the 2nd round now that ordering opened back up earlier this week. The Zero along with the A&D FX120i, including the full 419 package.

It is a piece of art for sure! Not shopping for another press... but that sure is a thing of beauty!

BTW, don’t under-rate what you can do with ‘vintage’ presses, either. Machining new rams, pin honing old frames, bronze bushings. A day in the machine shop and a “loose” $35 EBay press from the ‘60s and you would be amazed at What you can make it in to!

That said, the above press is a really amazing bit of engineering and the aluminum is impressive!

Cheers, Sirhr

PS... never even heard of the company until I saw a picture of that press in the Motivational picture thread and got sent here! I will be checking out their site!

ya but we can’t machine like you😔 you can send one anytime tho

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Could NOT BE HAPPIER with this press. I wouldn't ever have expected anything less from the 419 crew. This will make changes in the industry, no doubt about it.

I have my ZERO next to my PRAZI and its giving it a run for its money.
The ZERO has NO linkage play, whereas the PRAZI has some(hardly any). Everything on the ZERO is so balanced. Ya'll will love it. Worth every singe penny.
20201016_120005-01.jpeg

Could NOT BE HAPPIER with this press. I wouldn't ever have expected anything less from the 419 crew. This will make changes in the industry, no doubt about it.

I have my ZERO next to my PRAZI and its giving it a run for its money.
The ZERO has NO linkage play, whereas the PRAZI has some(hardly any). Everything on the ZERO is so balanced. Ya'll will love it. Worth every singe penny. View attachment 7452923
Does that mean you are selling your prazi

Completely agree that area 419 has changed the game with the Zero. I’ve had mine for 10 days now and love it. Makes you wonder why no existing press manufacturer did this (or even attempted to) many years ago.
Innovation always comes at a price. But it’s great regardless, as it will move the entire industry forward over time. I have yet to see any ‘shortcomings’ of the Zero. It’s just amazing at everything it does. The feedback you get Is incredible. I haven’t had nearly enough time to see if there’s any measurable difference in runout etc, over a Co-Ax. Honestly, I don’t care at this point. The Zero makes the reloading process the most fun it’s ever been for me. And that’s why I shoot to begin with.

I’ll never go back.

Parker