New press announcement from Area 419

Kpchurch

Voluntold Youso
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Feel like a little kid before Christmas. Tracking # has been received and it’s currently saying this Wednesday!! If it can arrive by Thursday, I’ll be very pleased. Hoping to be able to get it setup over the Christmas weekend and begin my journey into reloading.

Reactions: NiteQwill

flyer1a

Craig, Area 419
PX Member
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2017
The Edge of the Plate
www.Area419.com
Lots of presses have shipped, more are shipping today, more tomorrow. We have tried to be geographically strategic to get as many to doorsteps by Christmas as possible. We never, ever wanted any of these to arrive after Christmas, but unfortunately it looks like some may miss. We hate it more than we can express.

Some turrets have shipped. More ship today, more tomorrow. This has been the case for a week or so as we push through QC/assembly/pack/ship. Unfortunately this isn't any version of instantaneous, and every little bogus delay with a vendor or outside process costs days and days. As we have been slow shipping we have held off on re-opening the pre-order. Hopefully by tomorrow we will have all customer orders shipped and orders for the March batch (it might be April, really really difficult to predict some of these things) opened up.

Cascade Hemi

Major Hide Member
PX Member
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2019
PNW
The Inline Fab Ultra mount I already have is too tall and the bench mount is too short. Sadly Inline is a few days out for their 4" mount.

Attachments

• 20201224_174336.jpg
    20201224_174336.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 13

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Supporter
PX Member
Commercial Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Jan 31, 2018
    South Texas
    I just have it (not very well) clamped on the bench for now. Deciding what mount to go with. Likely the big dog.

My idea for blanking off a spot and using it for an inverted arbor press crashed and burned. We blanked on off with a threaded rod. It took took much more effort than an actual arbor press. Oh well. This is why I’m not an engineer.

Dschapp44

Supporter
    Supporter
    PX Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2018
    Just came in and got it mounted. Sized a couple 6 dasher to test it out and then gonna try some 300 Sherman mags. I was skeptical when ordering it but I’m getting convinced.

Attachments

• D2D02D8E-22E3-420F-985E-962E482B48D7.jpeg
      D2D02D8E-22E3-420F-985E-962E482B48D7.jpeg
      436.2 KB · Views: 122

Dschapp44

Supporter
    Supporter
    PX Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2018
    So I was able to size a couple hundred pieces of dasher brass which left some impressions.

I currently have a co-ax, Redding T-7 and a rockchucker to compare to. Using redding shell holders and whidden custom dies. Using mitutoyo calipers and dial indicator for measurements below.

Some initial takeaway. The ram is huge. The shell holder on a T-7 looks like it’s a same size as the ram. On the zero the shell holder gets swallowed up in there new shell holder system. The bottom of the downstroke feels like a rubber band that starts to snap back and helps kickstart the upstroke. Area 419 goes into this in depth so thats all I’ll say on that.

The big dog steel mount is awesome and I love the turret holders on the back. If you get a zero spend the extra money and get the big dog mount. Super solid and was very easy to install on my bench.

Sized the first 30 pieces and 29 had identical headspace measurements. The last one was .0005 off. Continued to check every 5 rounds and headspace stayed the same for the rest of the 645 pieces of brass in the lot. Runout was awesome. The dies help but the largest amount of runout I measured was .001. I had some that got to .00025 but the rest hovered in the .0005. The normal runout on my co-ax is .001-.002 which isn’t a huge difference but it was slightly better using the same dies and brass. Is it noticeable on paper? I don’t think it matters for prs but that was what I saw.

Overall i like it and will keep using it. I do wish the had designed it to fit an inline case eject system instead of an add on like the rockchucker.

Last edited:
    Reactions: BigBlue&Goldie

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
    Staff member
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Commercial Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jan 31, 2018
    South Texas
    Also, what shell holder/s is everyone using? Been using a co-ax, so I just tossed whatever random holder I had in the bin. I’m bottomed out before I can get shoulders for move. Not a big deal taking some off the holder.

Just curious what holders people having good luck with.

Dschapp44

Supporter
    Supporter
    PX Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2018
    Also, what shell holder/s is everyone using? Been using a co-ax, so I just tossed whatever random holder I had in the bin. I’m bottomed out before I can get shoulders for move. Not a big deal taking some off the holder.

Redding work awesome. You need to have the die about .100 of an inch higher than the shell holder compared to about .010 on a redding T-7.

Reactions: Dthomas3523

Cascade Hemi

Major Hide Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 9, 2019
    PNW

I'm just going to use generic RCBS shell holders until 419 releases the ones they're working on. I was using them with my CoAx already.

Reactions: Dthomas3523

Cascade Hemi

Major Hide Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 9, 2019
    PNW
    Mounted on an Ultra mount. It's 6" too tall but the other mount won't be here until next week.

Attachments

• 20201226_122109.jpg
      20201226_122109.jpg
      449.7 KB · Views: 106
    Reactions: NiteQwill

NiteQwill

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jun 26, 2012
    Uncle Sam's Bottom
    Mounted on an Ultra mount. It's 6" too tall but the other mount won't be here until next week.
    I mean, do you even reload? I don't see any type of messiness going on. 😜😜😜

Jk looks great, I like my bench clean and simple.

I decided on cancelling my Zero Press order. Congrats on who took my spot. I realized that I have other priorities with the next year of shooting, and other Area419 goodies on the way soon.

Cascade Hemi

Major Hide Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 9, 2019
    PNW
    I mean, do you even reload? I don't see any type of messiness going on. 😜😜😜

Jk looks great, I like my bench clean and simple.

I decided on cancelling my Zero Press order. Congrats on who took my spot. I realized that I have other priorities with the next year of shooting, and other Area419 goodies on the way soon.

I have everything cleared off the bench because I'm reorganizing. I'm planning to consolidate all of the dies on the wall into the tool heads of the Zero press but I'm waiting on the second tool head. I have other presses and a Inline Fab quick change mount on my other bench. The Zero is replacing a CoAx.

Attachments

• 20201226_203410.jpg
      20201226_203410.jpg
      421.1 KB · Views: 62

flyer1a

Craig, Area 419
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 21, 2017
    The Edge of the Plate
    www.Area419.com
    I just have it (not very well) clamped on the bench for now. Deciding what mount to go with. Likely the big dog.

My idea for blanking off a spot and using it for an inverted arbor press crashed and burned. We blanked on off with a threaded rod. It took took much more effort than an actual arbor press. Oh well. This is why I’m not an engineer.

The part to blank off a die spot is being made, just a matter of production timelines and getting things back in stock. Lots of capacity being added right now, but it wont turn into a flow of new parts for a solid 2 months.

E-Tool

5120-00-878-5932
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jan 20, 2020
    IL, IN, OH, KY, TN area
    www.NoWebsite.gov
    The part to blank off a die spot is being made, just a matter of production timelines and getting things back in stock. Lots of capacity being added right now, but it wont turn into a flow of new parts for a solid 2 months.

Why though? for an extra bit of flat real estate?

I’d rather have a die bushing/housing made with battery powdered LED lighting

Cascade Hemi

Major Hide Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 9, 2019
    PNW
    I think the ram needs to be at the top of the stroke for the leverage to feel right with the arbor dies.

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
    Staff member
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Commercial Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jan 31, 2018
    South Texas

The feel is pretty bad with it blanked off and a Wilson die in there. Not enough room to really do much.

flyer1a

Craig, Area 419
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 21, 2017
    The Edge of the Plate
    www.Area419.com
    There were a flurry of guys in here that wanted them, so we figured we'd run a handful and play with them, see what happened. We may hate them and never make a large run, but may like them. Only one way to find out.

bunny too

Just a cook
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    May 5, 2020
    Wyoming
    There were a flurry of guys in here that wanted them, so we figured we'd run a handful and play with them, see what happened. We may hate them and never make a large run, but may like them. Only one way to find out.
    Thank you for making this great product @flyer1a . And, um... well all the other stuff you make is great so...... thank you for doing what you do.

Last edited:
    Reactions: E-Tool

E-Tool

5120-00-878-5932
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jan 20, 2020
    IL, IN, OH, KY, TN area
    www.NoWebsite.gov
    Zero arrived today, headed off to the lumber store, my bench is too short for my taste, my kids and pretty well reach everything so i’m adding 18” blocks under the legs.

I’ll be really set with the autotrickler comes around.

Rlandry

Gunny Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 16, 2019
    It looks like a really nice press and I'm sure there are guys who are willing to afford it, but for that kind of $$$ my RCBS bench primer and T-7 do the job nicely. As long as the gun shoots minute of pig, I'm good.

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
    Staff member
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Commercial Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jan 31, 2018
    South Texas
    I’m enjoying mine the more I use it. I generally run 3-500 pieces of brass through sizer and mandrel a week. Sometimes more and sometimes less. But that’s about average.

The biggest thing for me is how easy it is on my arm/elbow/shoulder. Much more pleasant to run than my co-ax. And while definitely robust, it’s not a very big footprint. I currently have it clamped down pretty securely. Waiting on a big dog mount, but might just run it clamped down like this.

The turret is very convenient

I honestly don’t expect anything to change on performance of my ammo. But I’m pretty happy with purchase so far.

Steel head

Feral kitten
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Aug 3, 2014
    Washington
    I’m enjoying mine the more I use it. I generally run 3-500 pieces of brass through sizer and mandrel a week. Sometimes more and sometimes less. But that’s about average.

The biggest thing for me is how easy it is on my arm/elbow/shoulder. Much more pleasant to run than my co-ax. And while definitely robust, it’s not a very big footprint. I currently have it clamped down pretty securely. Waiting on a big dog mount, but might just run it clamped down like this.

The turret is very convenient

I honestly don’t expect anything to change on performance of my ammo. But I’m pretty happy with purchase so far.
    It does look like a nice unit

E-Tool

5120-00-878-5932
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jan 20, 2020
    IL, IN, OH, KY, TN area
    www.NoWebsite.gov
    I like to open the box, look at it a bit, close the box. I even put the handle on once and pumped the ram, and turned the turret a few times, it’s quite pleasing.

Even have a big dawg mount, but I looked at my bench and said this needs an overhaul before I mount it.

Would be like framing the mona lisa with one of those plastic poster frames from a bit box store.

I’m going to add 14” in height to the table legs, sand blast and powder coat it black.

flyer1a

Craig, Area 419
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 21, 2017
    The Edge of the Plate
    www.Area419.com
    I like to open the box, look at it a bit, close the box. I even put the handle on once and pumped the ram, and turned the turret a few times, it’s quite pleasing.

Even have a big dawg mount, but I looked at my bench and said this needs an overhaul before I mount it.

Would be like framing the mona lisa with one of those plastic poster frames from a bit box store.

I’m going to add 14” in height to the table legs, sand blast and powder coat it black.
    I love this - it's like my wife buying a new piece of decor or furniture and deciding to go ahead and repaint a room so it goes together - only way more awesome. You should take some before/after photos. The ZERO out here making reloading benches better places around the world.

sodakhunter

Esquire
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 21, 2017
    South Dakota
    I was waiting on an email from A 419 to let me know when these presses came back in stock through their website. Never got one but was able to get one in the cart and check out. Still waiting on bunch of stuff from first week of Dec. as well. Guess it will be a surprise when it shows. So if your waiting on a notification maybe just keep checking.

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
    Staff member
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Commercial Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jan 31, 2018
    South Texas
    I was waiting on an email from A 419 to let me know when these presses came back in stock through their website. Never got one but was able to get one in the cart and check out. Still waiting on bunch of stuff from first week of Dec. as well. Guess it will be a surprise when it shows. So if your waiting on a notification maybe just keep checking.

Currently, anytime they are available to order and checkout, it’s a pre-order.

flyer1a

Craig, Area 419
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 21, 2017
    The Edge of the Plate
    www.Area419.com
    Our restock emails are commonly sorted into spam, but they definitely went out. Figured we would give the people that actively follow us a few days to get an order in, then next week push out an email to finish off this production round.

Cascade Hemi

Major Hide Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 9, 2019
    PNW
    The new mount came. The height is perfect now with the handle lowered about 1.5". Still waiting on extra turrets.

Attachments

• 20210107_190154.jpg
      20210107_190154.jpg
      439.6 KB · Views: 57

Jigstick

3lbs of Swinging Sirloin
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jul 21, 2017
    PA
    Fuck that. Who even loads on a single stage any more. Other than sizing cases I do everything on an arbor press with inline dies. Doesn’t everyone do it this way?

flyer1a

Craig, Area 419
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 21, 2017
    The Edge of the Plate
    www.Area419.com
    Lots of spare turrets have been shipping this week. If you haven't seen a notification, shoot an email with your name/order number to info@area419.com and nudge the CS team.

Also, the March/April round is about 85% sold, so if you want one of those, I bet there's about a week left before those orders close for 2-3 months.