• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New press announcement from Area 419

I think they mean a turret slotted for dies like the front of the CoAx.
I'm a coax owner and love the thing(but still want a Zero). I don't know why someone would want to turn a Zero into a turret coax though? Where the floating die is a design principle of the coax, it seems to go against one of the design principles of the zero.

I'm a coax owner and love the thing(but still want a Zero). I don't know why someone would want to turn a Zero into a turret coax though? Where the floating die is a design principle of the coax, it seems to go against one of the design principles of the zero.

Ease of die change? I have two spare Zero turrets just for that reason. Otherwise nothing about the CoAx is better.

Ease of die change? I have two spare Zero turrets just for that reason. Otherwise nothing about the CoAx is better.
That would be a dumb thought to sacrifice precision for die change convenience with all the other details to ensure precision. Price is better but that one is obvious.

Yeah, this is just not going to happen. We have some ideas for dies and attachment, but this is not one of them. Same reason we tell people not to buy the 1-1/4" head and use LnL bushing adapters.

That would be a dumb thought to sacrifice precision for die change convenience with all the other details to ensure precision. Price is better but that one is obvious.
Thanks for letting me know, now I won't go dremel slots into my three Zero turrets.

@flyer1a Have a Zero coming from Scheels now. Unfortunately I planned to use a quickchange plate with my existing inline fab stand and I see they are backordered. Any chance you know when they will be back in stock if I backorder one? Thanks!

Order direct from inline. I've ordered a bunch of times in the last month and get the orders within two weeks.

Reactions: BigPrince
Order direct from inline. I've ordered a bunch of times in the last month and get the orders within two weeks.
Somehow I looked on his site and completely missed it and just assumed it was an exclusivity deal of some sort but now see it. Thanks!

I got one and ended up with the big dog mount. Pm me and I’ll ship it to you
Sent PM! Thanks!

I’m new to reloading and greatly overreached when I purchased the Zero from Scheels. But oh well, I love it. I started experimenting today and have a couple of nob questions. I also bought the Mighty Armory Decapping die (which seems awesome after 300 pieces). Out of the 300 decapped pieces, I had maybe 20-30 primers that ended up on the floor or on the press behind the ram/shellholder. I also had a handle full of primers that must not have fallen through so the ram was struck in the down (retracted) position. I adjusted the decapping pin depth up and down, didn’t seem to make a difference. I also altered my speed and cam over type pressure. Nothing really seemed to matter. As far as the ram getting stuck, I jiggled the handle a bit and then it seemed to unstick. I can only assume it was a primer causing it. Would it somehow be the O-ring below the shellholder causing the issue? I‘m at work and only brought 300 cases, so I can’t practice any more lol.

Has anyone seen this? Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Thanks

jeff

Seen it my self. It's either the primer sticking to the pin, or primer not getting pushed off the brass all the way. I think it's the primer sticking to the pin. So when you go to lower the ram, it pulls the primer off, but by that time, the ram is past the chute. Was told to try and put an angle on the tip of the pin. Haven't tried it yet. Kind of put a pause on trying to get into reloading with the current state of things.

I wish I could reload at work lol
LOL! It’s not that great. I’m on call and have a 15 minute call back response time. Because I live too far away, I stay at work. I’m not actually getting paid. There‘s a lot of downtime, so I bring stuff to keep me busy. The new press fit the ticket perfectly :)

I’m new to reloading and greatly overreached when I purchased the Zero from Scheels. But oh well, I love it. I started experimenting today and have a couple of nob questions. I also bought the Mighty Armory Decapping die (which seems awesome after 300 pieces). Out of the 300 decapped pieces, I had maybe 20-30 primers that ended up on the floor or on the press behind the ram/shellholder. I also had a handle full of primers that must not have fallen through so the ram was struck in the down (retracted) position. I adjusted the decapping pin depth up and down, didn’t seem to make a difference. I also altered my speed and cam over type pressure. Nothing really seemed to matter. As far as the ram getting stuck, I jiggled the handle a bit and then it seemed to unstick. I can only assume it was a primer causing it. Would it somehow be the O-ring below the shellholder causing the issue? I‘m at work and only brought 300 cases, so I can’t practice any more lol.

Has anyone seen this? Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Thanks

jeff
I ran into this. The primer is getting stuck to the pin. Mighty Armory makes a spring loaded pin that takes care of that. It's a pretty slick deal.

Have seen the sticking primer issue ourselves on a Dillon. Not a lot to be done on press design apart from a through-ram primer hole which presents some different issues.

We have messed with altering sharpness/geometry on the pin itself and it has fixed our personal decapping issues.

@Jlcichocki did you figure out how to get primers out of the lower chamber that were sticking your ram? Basically take the press off the base plate and they will fall out of a little tube.

Reactions: kindabitey
I ran into this. The primer is getting stuck to the pin. Mighty Armory makes a spring loaded pin that takes care of that. It's a pretty slick deal.

Yea the MA 'The Blue"... Been using them on all my dedicated brass prep toolheads on my XL650 and 550c since it was released. Kicks those primers right out. Its actually on sale right now too. Toughest decapping pins in the business too. No bending pins.

Have seen the sticking primer issue ourselves on a Dillon. Not a lot to be done on press design apart from a through-ram primer hole which presents some different issues.

We have messed with altering sharpness/geometry on the pin itself and it has fixed our personal decapping issues.

@Jlcichocki did you figure out how to get primers out of the lower chamber that were sticking your ram? Basically take the press off the base plate and they will fall out of a little tube.

My press also has issues. Primers missing the shoot hole in the press body a lot.

Like 1/5 a lot.

My issue appears to be the primer not punching all the way out.

Might be a shell holder/primer pin issue.

My issue appears to be the primer not punching all the way out.

Might be a shell holder/primer pin issue.

Cut an angle on the decapping pin with a file. The primer is getting stuck on the pin and then not releasing until it runs into the primer pocket on the up stroke.

Reactions: Dthomas3523
Yea the MA 'The Blue"... Been using them on all my dedicated brass prep toolheads on my XL650 and 550c since it was released. Kicks those primers right out. Its actually on sale right now too. Toughest decapping pins in the business too. No bending pins.

love these decappers. They make pins for lapua SRP flash holes too

@flyer1a Just saw the new shellplate system. Were these designed to contact all dies or was the testing done on specific brands only? Not a criticism, more curiosity to the number of potential shellplate spacers you would need to have on hand to cover a variety of calibers/die makers.

@flyer1a Just saw the new shellplate system. Were these designed to contact all dies or was the testing done on specific brands only? Not a criticism, more curiosity to the number of potential shellplate spacers you would need to have on hand to cover a variety of calibers/die makers.
"All" and "Every" are hard words, but we have a substantial pile of shellholders and dies. These SHOULD work with NEARLY ALL dies. I couch expectations because there can always be shitty dies.

The "Rule" on dies is the box you buy from [insert brand] with a die and shellholder, when contacting one another, should get your brass to something resembling SAAMI for new ammo. This tends to be 6-8k (some cartridges - especially belted magnums - vary wildly, but this rule catches a significant majority) of bump on a chamber cut to GO +0. Our set means you should be able to get to .002" bump on nearly all cartridges and nearly all chambers (as long as they're in spec).

The remainder of this news is that the inserts work in a way that if there is demand for them outside the provided size range, our ability to do additional thicknesses is (within reason) limitless.

Reactions: Dschapp44
Are you already sold out of the shellplates or just haven't added them to inventory yet?

Are you already sold out of the shellplates or just haven't added them to inventory yet?
We haven't added any to inventory or sold any. Going to wait until they're closer to in-stock for that. Since we are having another local shop do the insert grinding we have a little less control and don't want to have a fiasco on our hands.

How long until you offer other sizes such as PPC, SPC, etc?
Super dependent on demand, machine time resources, etc. We really have no clue how this product will go. We have an idea with a couple days having passed since launch, but don't know. Sometimes products sneak up on us (die rings have been bananas, and other than a couple Hide posts we haven't told anyone. They've just found them) but some items that should be big end up being a slower burn.

They're absolutely going to happen, just a matter of if it's in 2 months or takes until Christmas.

You bastards with all your Zero accolades coaxed me into ordering one...my wallet hates you.

When will die rings be back in stock?
Fairly soon. Honestly, if you're signed up for restock notifications on the site, you'll know before me. I do know, however, that the new in-process batch is very large. Worth noting that we haven't advertised them at all, just a post here and there in a forum or on a FB thread. They've sold far faster than we ever expected.

Reactions: S3th
BTW:
When will the 1/2x28 Hellfire adapters be back in stock?
How about the powder cup for the Chargemaster Lite?

This thread hasn't seen any action in a while so here you go.

Area 419 talked about a suite of Arca accessories for the press that hasn't materialized. The one accessory they do make doesn't work with the wrenches I have on the press stand. After combing through various photography accessory company's catalogs this is what I came up with for an adjustable tray. The SAC comparators are only there for the picture, a box of 6mm bullets fits perfect too.

ZDb1Yzw.jpg

agudmAY.jpg

e27jlFw.jpg

Last edited:
This thread hasn't seen any action in a while so here you go.

Area 419 talked about a suite of Arca accessories for the press that hasn't materialized. The one accessory they do make doesn't work with the wrenches I have on the press stand. After coming through various photography accessory company's catalogs this is what I came up with for an adjustable tray. The SAC comparators are only there for the picture, a box of 6mm bullets fits perfect too.
They have also failed to deliver Area 419 shell holders that were announced, what... 6 months? 8? a year ago?

They have also failed to deliver Area 419 shell holders that were announced, what... 6 months? 8? a year ago?
Yep, I've been waiting since June for the shell holders. Maybe they meant June of 2022.

Reactions: craigos
Yeah, I love my zero but was super disappointed when I got the rear shelf in. Nowhere nice to put the Area419 ring wrench just straight up baffles me. I honestly don't get why they wouldn't put a slot or hanger in it for their own wrench... Also a boat load of shell holder holes that I don't and can't imagine most people need. I completely spaced and thought some of those might be die holder holes but nope, just a gazillion shell holders.... Like seeing an alternative that looks more useful even if not as elegant.

Last edited:
Yeah, I love my zero but was super disappointed when I got the rear shelf in. Nowhere nice to put the Area419 ring wrench just straight up baffles me. I honestly don't get why they wouldn't put a slot or hanger in it for their own wrench... Also a boat load of shell holder holes that I don't and can't imagine most people need. I completely spaced and thought some of those might be die holder holes but nope, just a gazillion shell holders....

A0B3A82B-6FC0-46D8-BF91-B23D390EAF07.jpg

But seriously, I’m a little surprised at 419. I guess I expected better.

My post wasn't intended to start a low key bitch-fest.

Here are a few more pictures. The more I use it the more I like it. I think I bought a few hundred dollars worth of random Arca parts from amazon before I landed on this set up. I may redrill the mounting hole in the tray in a different location. I think I might also find a magnet to screw to the side.

The tray is from Inline Fabrication and the arm is from Leofoto.

I8KSaRH.jpg

Q3fvcwK.jpg

LzAFecm.jpg

My post wasn't intended to start a low key bitch-fest.

Here are a few more pictures. The more I use it the more I like it. I think I bought a few hundred dollars worth of random Arca parts from amazon before I landed on this set up. I may redrill the mounting hole in the tray in a different location. I think I might also find a magnet to screw to the side.

The tray is from Inline Fabrication and the arm is from Leofoto.

I8KSaRH.jpg

Q3fvcwK.jpg

LzAFecm.jpg
Can you link the Amazon parts, please? I have an extra inline fab tray that can use some repurposing.

Reactions: Weapon_50BMG
Can you link the Amazon parts, please? I have an extra inline fab tray that can use some repurposing.

You will need a 1/4-20 fastener for the tray end of the arm.

ETA: The forum software is killing my links.

You can cut and past this into Amazon's search.

Universal Aluminum Arca Swiss Clamp with Hot Shoe Mount Adapter and 1/4" Screw for Professional Camera L Bracket Quick Release L Plate​

Leofoto AM-4 Magic Versa Arm Multi-Purpose Tripod Accessory Mount 1/4" Ideal for Smartphone etc​

Reactions: NiteQwill
I've had mine pre-ordered at Brownells since summer. I hope they show up there soon.