• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New Product! By Snipers for Snipers!

Re: New Product! By Snipers for Snipers!

Hi. I've been perusing this site for awhile and have found a ton of useful information.

This FDAC looks like the shizzle-dang-zang. You guys had me at Smaller, Cheaper, Lighter, and more Reliable than anything battery operated. I was wondering if you have any plans of making it so that each unit is independently dedicated to MILS or MOA with a corresponding slide rule on the reverse side indicating more information pertinent to the final firing correction (i.e. lead for a moving target based on TOF for that DA as well as angular corrections)? Would that be a feasible option for future models or am I overly wishful?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cordoba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi. I've been perusing this site for awhile and have found a ton of useful information.

This FDAC looks like the shizzle-dang-zang. You guys had me at Smaller, Cheaper, Lighter, and more Reliable than anything battery operated. I was wondering if you have any plans of making it so that each unit is independently dedicated to MILS or MOA with a corresponding slide rule on the reverse side indicating more information pertinent to the final firing correction (i.e. lead for a moving target based on TOF for that DA as well as angular corrections)? Would that be a feasible option for future models or am I overly wishful?
</div></div>

Don't you hate it when somebody posts something (like your post) and then you slap your forehead and think to yourself "why didn't I think of that!". Excellent idea!

Only downside I see on that is having to carry more SKU's to fill each customers needs, and thus decreased order quantities of any single individual SKU. That leads to a slightly higher cost of manufacturing, depending on the relationship between vendor, and manufacture of course. Either way, I still think it's a great idea. Even if the back side just had a simple chart with the corresponding angles and cosine figures.

Branden

Thanks, I have my rare moments when the light actually flickers on for a brief moment.

I can only speak for myself, but I would certainly be willing to pay extra for an item that has more functions and is set for one particular set of measurement parameters (MOA/Yards, MILS/Meters, MOA/Meters, MIL Yards). If others feel the same, it wouldn't mean any loss for a company, only more options of slightly higher cost to fill specific demands.

I was thinking more of an actual decrease in MOAs/MILS, purchase option depending, for a specific angle than for the cosine which would require slightly more math than I'd want to subject my peanut sized brain to under time constraints compared to simply dialing down the difference stated for the given angle/range at that DA. However I understand that this may be entirely to unwieldy for a slide rule to convey.

The Moving Target Lead could be similar to a set baseline like they've done for windage adjustments pertinent to TOF for specified DA.

I think those(and/or any other useful) additions would really set the FDAC into a virtual One Stop Shop for adjusting MET/ENV factors via slide rule for precision weapon systems. It would almost seem foolish not to include one as part of your mission essential kit, especially in mountainous terrain where altitude and angles can be more of a challenge than most sane shooters would care to face without the best options available for gaining fast, accurate firing solutions.

All of the attributes and functions you just described are present in the new MILSPEC-XR version. It will be out in the near future and it will completely blow your mind.

Sweet. I like a good mind-blowing from time to time.

Could I persuade you to be so kind as to narrow down "near future" into a general time frame as well as a rough MSRP so we will know when and how much money to start hiding from our significant others?

Also, I'm under the assumption it will be available to us lowly civilians, despite the military title, correct?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sosicmcise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the support Branden, much appreciated. </div></div>
You should have heard him when we were shooting. He kept saying how this thing is on and how awesome it is!

Obviously a great product!

smile.gif

The Load Compatibility Matrix on our website has been updated to reflect the new 2500 and 2550 fps cards. For those that have not used it, it works incredibly well if you use other loads that are driven at the approximate velocities listed on the matrix. The matrix will be continually updated as new FDAC slides are added to the product line.

Link: Updated FDAC Load Compatibility Matrix

If you have questions, just ask!

Thanks,

Taylor

Marked for the milspec-xr version in 300wm 190grVLD @3030
and 338 w/300SMK @ 2830

I am interested in this system but without electronics how do you know your altitude?
Do you use a watch that measures BP or altitude or what?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bluejazz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am interested in this system but without electronics how do you know your altitude?
Do you use a watch that measures BP or altitude or what?
</div></div>

Whenever I do a live fire demo of the FDAC with someone (using their own rifle and ammo) I ask them to GUESS at the temperature and GUESS at their physical altitude before using the DA Estimation Table on the FDAC. Provided that the shooter can call wind within reason, you would be amazed at how many first round long range hits people get -<span style="text-decoration: underline">this is without ANY instrumentation whatsoever.</span>

I've been very successful at guessing at the temperature and using any of the common altimeter type watches, etc.

If you see me on a range at Quantico or elsewhere, just ask and ill show you how much you can get away with and still smack a chest plate at very long range. I'll even call wind for you.

Everyoane wants to fall back to electronics. Don't forget a good standby Topo map will give you elevation.

Thats why the table is designed for use with temperature and physical altitude. Everyone outside the wire should have a map, and maps don't run out of batteries.

I just ordered it today. These guys are great, I asked them to make sure I got it by Friday and within 30 minutes of making the order I got an email saying it was in the mail. Very impressed.
It really is great to do business with people like this, they "get it"!!!!

Again, thanks for the rush on it.

R.

I got students lined up for the new calibers they are getting ready to release, esp 300 Win mag!!! Used my .308 this weekend and it is spot on within .1 mil out to 800yds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am interested in this system but without electronics how do you know your altitude? Do you use a watch that measures BP or altitude or what?</div></div>

I wear a Casio Pathfinder Triple Sensor watch that measures station pressure. If you print off the two tables from the article linked below which allow you to calculate density altitude with more precision than using the physical altitude, you'll be set at longer distances.

Manual Calculation of Density Altitude

Cheap zipper-pull thermometers are accurate enough, and it's easy to check their calibration.

We are pushing for a release date in time for Christmas for the MILSPEC-XR model. It will be announced here as soon it's ready for release.

Thanks for your patience!

I think your system is great, I've examined it first hand.

I will continue to wait for the evolution of the G7-B.C./ Velocity Specific Custom cards for all us of 6.5 and 6mm shooters.

particularly .276-.313 G-7 B.C. Range with 2700-3100fps cards
also would like to see a 25fps spread but 50fps will be fine too.

Thanks and wish you continued success with a great product.

If a guy is new to this, would you recommend learning how to shoot via a system like this before using the electronic based versions? I like not having to carry a PDA of some kind with me in the field, and or having to rely upon something that might have a dead battery when I need it.

This is a great tool for guys that are just getting into the hobby or those that have been shooting for years. Whether you plan to use it as a back up to a PDA or as a primary source of data it's brutally simple to use and pretty damn accurate also. I think it's a good educational tool also since you can see how changes in DA influence the trajectory of the round and at what distances it really starts to matter. Figuring all of that out can be done in just a few minutes while sitting on the couch taking a break from commercials.

Ordered one the other day. Will be nice not to have to drag the pda everywhere. Now I can just use my watch and this for my firing solution, even in the rain snow etc.

We designed the FDAC to be as brutally simple as possible so that it would provide the information in a condensed and simple format that is easily understood by both the beginning level precision shooter, and the advanced Ninja Master Jedi Knight.

As I grew and learned more about precision shooting over the years, I eventually found my self constantly trying to figure out ways to simplify the "pre-firing calculation" process to a degree that would tell me just how much i could get away with and still smack a target in the chest at very long range. Of course this all goes out the window if one can't determine which way the wind is blowing and at approximately what speed.

This tool was designed for pure efficiency. The more you play with it, the more you realize just how much you can get away with at the close and intermediate ranges with a .308 (depending on your load specs and the size of the target). As you shoot with it, your comfort level grows and you might find yourself not even using it inside of 400 yards because you've messed with it enough to understand your acceptable margin of error within relatively short distances. This is what I strived for as a military sniper, to learn enough about what I was doing, to be a little "wrong" under stress and still shoot very well.

The calculations printed on the slides are incredibly accurate and have been tested with nearly every conceivable barrel length, sight height, scope manufacturer, and ammo type in common use today. We shot through thousands and thousands of rounds testing and validating the system before release.

The MILSPEC-XR system will be out soon, and it does some really cool stuff.

Impact Data Books is also a vendor for the FDAC if anyone needs them and data book products!

Happy Shooting

Watch out everyone, i'm climbing up on my soap box again!

Went out today to shoot a bit to work on my form, practice ranging, reading wind, ect. Today was a perfect day, partly cloudy, 73 degrees (gasp!), and 15-18mph of wind. What really made it was the wind was dropping to 6, and then up to 18, and just crazy, it was GREAT!

Started at 100 to shoot a 6x3, and a minor load development type deal, won't go into details, not very interesting. I then hopped in the car and drove up the road for a bit until I felt like it was 'far enough' and got out. Mil'd the target at 475, checked my DA @ +2K, checked the FDAC (2600fps card), dialed 11moa, dialed my wind (3x the charted amount for 15mph wind), fired and SMACK, first round hit just slightly high and right. I was giggling like a little girl. I then popped out my new Elite 1500 (a whole new giggly girl story) and range the target at 520yards. That puzzled me a bit. I dialed 11moa and hit right on. If I used 520yard data on the card I would have shot right over the top of the target. Hmm, scratching my head I started to think about it and compared the 2650 card, and then the 2700fps card and realized that my velocity must be higher than what I thought. Kinda explains some moments of confusion I had last time out. Popped in the 2700 and went and drove in the car again for a bit and got out and repeated. This time I mil'd the target at 653, having the right card in the FDAC, dialed 17moa up, and my wind, fired and SMACK, followed with 4 more, all on target, all perfectly, and I mean PERFECTLY centered on the target. Lasered at 668.

I'm doing the happy dance out in this huge field happy as a clam that i'm kickin' some butt gittin' 'er done. I drove down, painted the target, and decided I was going to test this thing, I mean really TEST it. There are a lot of factors that determine how much elevation is necessary for 1,000 yards. I haven't shot 175's are 1,000 at all, so I had no previous experience or data shooting these bullets that far. FDAC said 36moa, dialed 9.0moa of wind (I 'thought' the wind died down a bit), settled in and fired. I hit about 3' to the left but the elevation......PERFECT! Dialed 3.5moa more wind fired, a bit to the right, took 1/2 out and got my first hit. Seemed to me to be high (I apparently was high thinking that, later found out it really was only about 2" high over POA), dropped 1moa, and put 2 hits on the bottom edge of the steel, came back up after I realized I was inhaling too much powder smoke.

All I can say is if you are 'thinking' about getting one of these, just buy one. Once you use it, you will fall in love with the simplicity, the no fuss, ultra light, simple 'tard proof interface. I love not needing to carry multiple reference cards tethered to my scope for elevation and wind to deal with changing conditions. I need one thing, and one thing only, the FDAC. It will not fail you unless you lose it, forget it at home, or destroy it (in which case you will go to hell, it's a sin you know).

I've been running around telling my buddies that don't have one, that they have to get one. And the ones that shooting .338LM, I informed that they are coming out with a model for that, and once it's released, that they MUST get it!!

I'm taking a minimalist approach to my shooting now, want to make it easier to pack in someplace, and be able to shoot effectively without a ton of 'extras' that just add weight, and aren't necessary. I'm going to the Mammoth Sniper Match in January, and the FDAC will be there with me, kinda think I need several more as backups, and backups to the backup just in case. If you want to see it in action, just look for me, i'll be happy to demonstrate it for you.

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wilshire1412</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Need slides for Lapua 155gr Scenar data 2800-3000fps, anything in the works? </div></div>

Also would like to buy this if it would work for my load. My velocity is 2850 fps for 155 Lapuas...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sosicmcise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 155 scenar stuff is coming, it is crazy accurate too. </div></div>

Outstanding!

Great, I plan to purchase one of these as soon as the scenar data's released.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wilshire1412</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sosicmcise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 155 scenar stuff is coming, it is crazy accurate too. </div></div>

Outstanding! </div></div>

+1!!

Was out shooting today, put together a couple videos of our shooting. srv656s went out this morning with me as well, although he's shooting a different bullet combo, he still was there today to experience the wind we had early, and he was leaving for the day right as it really started to get going.

Hope these vids aren't too cheesy, or just plain ghey, there's only so much that you can do with Windows Movie Maker.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XmDSxP88944"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XmDSxP88944" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PvhEdkzyim4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PvhEdkzyim4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

All in all, it was a really fun day to shoot in 20+mph wind. The varying nature of it made these more challenging to get the right wind call from shot to shot. I usually dialed for 15 +1 or 2 moa, and then held left or right based off what the wind was doing over/under the normal wind condition. Worked fairly well.

Branden

I shot some .308 175SMK/45.0g Varget from 200 to 1000 over the weekend. I had them zeroed at 100 but did not know the velocity. Temperature ranged from 36~55F at 213' elevation.

I used the 308-175-2700 card and was on paper for every shot all the way out to 1000. When I made elevation corrections in was within .1 of a mil every time. This product is fantastic and will be in my pocket with my kestral from here on out.

Thank you for a great product.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LOBO</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wilshire1412</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sosicmcise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 155 scenar stuff is coming, it is crazy accurate too. </div></div>

Outstanding! </div></div>

+1!! </div></div>

tag!

Standing by for the 155L version as soon as it is released, any chance before xmas I want to give some to some fellows?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Impact Data Books is also a vendor for the FDAC if anyone needs them and data book products!

Happy Shooting </div></div>

damn it tony , you ship to fast , now I have to place another order with Impact ...............
smile.gif