• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Product! By Snipers for Snipers!

Re: New Product! By Snipers for Snipers!

Hey guys,
Got a chance to go out and confirm my zero from 100 to 1000y twice in the last couple of weeks. Both times where done under slightly different conditions. The first was a warm summer day the second was a cool winter (Florida winter) day. Both days had pretty different DA numbers.

When i was done getting my hard numbers after shooting I ran them through this DA tool and the accuracy is amazing. The largest spread I came up with was just under 1 MOA and that was only for one range. The rest were between .2 to .5 off an MOA.

I'm VERY impressed with this tool and it's accuracy. IMO it blows Ballistic FTE out of the water.

Anyway, if you're on the fence about it, don't be. It's worth every penny.

Great job on this guys, really.

BTW, I was shooting 175GR BH and used the 2600fps card.

R.

That's a good testament Rick. I've been wanting one of these for a while, but I'm waiting for this Milspec-XR version to come out. I hate buying something right before it gets upgraded!

Sweet, another company that thinks I'm a terrorist because I live outside MURKA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet, another company that thinks I'm a terrorist because I live outside MURKA </div></div>

No longer. FDAC has been cleared for export outside of MURKA. Just got the word today.

http://www.triadtactical.com/Field-Density-Altitude-Compensator.html

And as a side note, it was not the company that thought you were a terrorist, it was the GUMMIT.

For those shooting RUAG ammo, the 176gn stuff works very well with the current FDAC model, all the way out to 775m, we were spot on through three different 20" barreled guns. I'll have the Ammunition Compatibility Matrix updated soon to support the 176gn load and the rest of the RUAG line as it gets tested.

Thanks to those that have been spreading the word about the FDAC, we really appreciate it.

I keep checking this thread every day hoping you'll say the 155 grn lapua data's out! Hoping to get it before Christmas!

***SPOILER ALERT***

In response to the many requests:

The latest version of the FDAC (in meters) and the FDAC-XR model will be revealed at SHOT Show.

Stop in to US Tactical Supply's booth and check em out!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sosicmcise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are pushing hard to get the 155 Lapua Scenar cards released in time for Christmas along with a bunch of other stuff. </div></div>

You're cutting it close!! I'm checking every day!

Update:

The XR version and the 155 Scenar slides will be available in Mid January, we've got a huge order in production right now and the 155 Scenar slides are part of that large order that will begin phased delivery in Mid January. You will see it at the SHOT show next month.

You will have a chance to see it, touch it, and shoot it live fire at the SHOT show (live fire, if you're at the Ashbury International Group live fire demo at Nellis AFB).

Sorry for the delays, we've had to add several new things to our production models and it has slowed our manufacturer down a bit and we want it to be done slow, methodically, and right the first time.

U.S. Tactical Supply has just become the Master Distributer for the FDAC and the FDAC-XR, they will have our products on their site and at their booth at SHOT show as well.

If you have questions or need anything, just ask, we're listening.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinn fein</div><div class="ubbcode-body">***SPOILER ALERT***

The latest version of the FDAC (in meters) and the FDAC-XR model will be revealed at SHOT Show.

</div></div>

It'll be my first stop , hands down !

PP out

P.S.: what's about the 338Lm version ?

Thanks for the update. I'm planning to buy the 155 scenar, 50 BMG and 175 smk version once they're all out...

Shawn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinco Palla</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinn fein</div><div class="ubbcode-body">***SPOILER ALERT***

</div></div>

It'll be my first stop , hands down !

PP out

P.S.: what's about the 338Lm version ? </div></div>

250gr and 300gr .338 cards are included with the FDAC-XR, available through US Tactical Supply. They will be in booth # 6510

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SIERRAWHISKEY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you ship to an APO yet???

Got some SF buds that needs your kit.... </div></div>

Yes we can. Shoot me a PM when you can.

will the metric verion be released in jan too ? id prefer meters to yards and am holding out on buying 1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinn fein</div><div class="ubbcode-body">250gr and 300gr .338 cards are included with the FDAC-XR, available through US Tactical Supply. They will be in booth # 6510 </div></div>

Copy that , awesome !

PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: silentrunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are the velocity range for the 155 scenar? </div></div>

The 155 Lapua Scenar slides are a 3 slide set for 2850, 2900, 2950 fps muzzle velocities.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">6.5's, we need 6.5's!!! </div></div>

+1,000,000

I've got the 308 FDAC now need one in 6.5mm for the 139 scenar. Get to it guys!!

Thanks for a great product.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sosicmcise</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: silentrunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are the velocity range for the 155 scenar? </div></div>

The 155 Lapua Scenar slides are a 3 slide set for 2850, 2900, 2950 fps muzzle velocities. </div></div>

Perfect. I'm right @ 2850 using 45 grains of Varget and Lapua brass out of my 22" bbl.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srv656s</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sosicmcise</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: silentrunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are the velocity range for the 155 scenar? </div></div>

The 155 Lapua Scenar slides are a 3 slide set for 2850, 2900, 2950 fps muzzle velocities. </div></div>

Perfect. I'm right @ 2850 using 45 grains of Varget and Lapua brass out of my 22" bbl. </div></div>

Wait til you see how dead-nuts-on the 155 cards are!

Update:

Forgot to mention this a while back, but we get a lot of phone calls and emails about making slides in "Shooters MOA" also known as "Inches Per Hundred Yards". Many shooters have scopes that are marked in "Minutes of Angle" but they actually adjust in SMOA/IPHY such as many Leupold scopes in addition to other brands as well. Here is a little trick you can do and get dead-nuts accuracy with your FDAC that is marked in MOA and not SMOA/IPHY.

If your scope adjusts in SMOA/IPHY, simply use the slide that is marked for a muzzle velocity that is 50 fps slower than your actual muzzle velocity. For example, if your muzzle velocity is 2700 fps, and your scope actually adjusts in SMOA/IPHY, use the 2650 fps slide. It works like a charm, with every slide, throughout the entire range of density altitude found on the slides (-3,000' to +10,000').

This has been extensively tested live fire from 100-1000 yards with a shit ton of ammo and numerous rifles with barrel lengths from 16" to over 27", with sight heights from 1.5" to 2.75", various brands of optics, and just about every factory .308 cartridge in production.

Hope it helps!

You know I'm not for certain, but I think these guys at ACTS may be on the verge of having their Poop-In-A-Pile.

Anyone know if the Leupold Mark 4's made in 2000 were SMOA or actual moa? This is something I kinda need to know ASAP. If it helps at all, the scope does say "made in the usa" on it. Not sure when they stopped putting that on there. I do know that I bought the scope early in 2000, so it's possible the scope was actually manufactured in 1999.

Branden

I just got off the phone with the tech support guys at Leupold, and they told that the Mark IV's are true moa, not shooters moa.

That means that I don't have to account for the difference between the two types of adjustments, that's good.

Branden

Well, maybe.

I have personally tested a number of Leupold's with M1 knobs, including three which I own. I know of others who have also tested Leupolds with M1 knobs.

All were close to 1 inch per hundred yards (IPHY), rather than 1.047. That doesn't sound like much, but the difference amounts to a 20 inch elevation bust at 1000 yards.

And a batch of second focal-plane scopes from another manufacturer I found could not be adjusted to a power high enough for the reticle to be accurate for ranging.

So, my advice is to test the scopes you have yourself. And I don't just mean Leupolds, either. If you haven't tested it, you don't know.

Optically Checking Rifle Scopes

I take it , that the std model goes to 1000yds , my question is what does the Milspec XR version go too ?

Also will a Amax 208gr 300WM slide be available , as this is maybe the bullet of choice for any one outside the Military ?

Later Chris

Good question. The XR model is calibrated in Meters and Mils and provides firing solutions from 100m-1500m for the .300WM firing the 190gn and 220gn SMK and the .338LM firing the 250 and 300 Lapua Scenar. It also compensates for 0, 15, 25, 35 degree firing angles, 1mph moving targets, and 1mph full value winds, marked sonic barrier, and a new, far more efficient Density Altitude Estimation Table printed on the exterior. The XR model possesses the same exterior dimensions, size, thickness, font, materials, and workmanship. It friggin' ROCKS!!!

Other bullets are on the horizon, the current model's parameters and specifications have our production folks working non-stop.

Come see us at the SHOT show if you're in attendance, come shoot it and see for yourself at Nellis AFB vendor shoot if you're in town before SHOT.

Yea , I thought it would be for the 220gr SMK that the US Army is going to use.

Most people know the only reason the 220gr SMK was chosen is the the 210gr SMK is in accurate due to the design , ie too nose heavy , they would have preferred a 210gr weight , just as well civies are free to use the best available , rather than tied to one maker .

Will just have to wait for the 208gr Amax slides .

Question , will the XR be able to use 300WM & 338LM slides in the same body/housing , so you can just buy different slides for the cals/profiles and run them thru one body ?

any idea how soon the XR's for 300wm and 338lm be available? also do you have any plans for 7mm, in particular with the berger 180 gr vld?

The XR model includes 12 slides, specs below:

.300WM, 220gn SMK, 2800 fps
.300WM, 220gn SMK, 2850 fps
.300WM, 220gn SMK, 2900 fps

.300WM, 190gn SMK, 2900 fps
.300WM, 190gn SMK, 2950 fps
.300WM, 190gn SMK, 3000 fps

.338LM, 250gn Lapua Scenar, 2900 fps
.338LM, 250gn Lapua Scenar, 2950 fps
.338LM, 250gn Lapua Scenar, 3000 fps

.338LM, 300gn Lapua Scenar, 2700 fps
.338LM, 300gn Lapua Scenar, 2750 fps
.338LM, 300gn Lapua Scenar, 2800 fps

All of these slides are included with each XR model FDAC.

Just checked the website to order and dont see the XR? Is it for sale yet via the website?

It will be released at the SHOT show this year, the XR model will be in our distributers hands within a few weeks following the SHOT show and available for purchase.

Should I order one now or wait till after the shot show? Initially for the .308 Win, and a 300 WM in the future perhaps. Just read the 7 pages of rave reviews, and it looks like an outstanding tool for this novice mid-LR shooter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dibbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Should I order one now or wait till after the shot show? Initially for the .308 Win, and a 300 WM in the future perhaps. Just read the 7 pages of rave reviews, and it looks like an outstanding tool for this novice mid-LR shooter. </div></div>

If you dig the standard FDAC, the functionality and simplicity of the XR model will impress you. We've got plenty on the way and they'll be available through our distributors right after SHOT show. Here is a list of our distributors:

<span style="font-weight: bold">U.S. Tactical Supply (Master Distributer)
Triad Tactical
Impact Data Books
</span>

I just chronographed the ammo I am using and here are the results from five shots
Which velocity card should I use? 2650 or 2700fps.

I'd use the 2700 fps slide, your true muzzle velocity average across a larger sample size is likely above 2675, but i'd shoot it beyond 600 yards to really verify your velocity with actual firing data, the bullet doesn't lie.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sosicmcise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the bullet doesn't lie.

</div></div>

Mine lie to me all the time, they tell me that my wind call wasn't what it's suppose to be. Today was a great example, hits at 1000 were far and few because the wind wouldn't stay the same from shot to shot.

Branden

Have you looked into making a card for your XR model that would have a .338 300gr SMK with velocities up to 2900 fps?

I have a 338 Edge (338/300 RUM) which gives me avg. velocities of 2860 fps.

I've been using your original FDAC with my .308 and it's spot on, but I'm hesitant to order the XR model, because I use a different bullet and it has higher velocities than what you have listed.

Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steelhead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you looked into making a card for your XR model that would have a .338 300gr SMK with velocities up to 2900 fps?

I have a 338 Edge (338/300 RUM) which gives me avg. velocities of 2860 fps.

I've been using your original FDAC with my .308 and it's spot on, but I'm hesitant to order the XR model, because I use a different bullet and it has higher velocities than what you have listed.

Thanks! </div></div>

We're about to release a series of "conversion tables" that can be downloaded for free from our website. For selected bullets, the table will allow you to add or subtract the listed value from the firing solution displayed in the window, effectively "tuning" the firing solution to an entirely different bullet or caliber that we don't produce a slide for. The purpose of this is to save YOU money and broaden the FDAC and FDAC-XR audience. These small tables will be able to be printed out from your computer and stuck right to your FDAC. Less slides, less money, and vastly increased utility.

The ideal location to stick this table is right over our company logo and the instructions for use on the MOA side of the FDAC, this area on the FDAC, once you understand how to <span style="text-decoration: underline">use</span> the FDAC is essentially wasted space. These tables will be sized to fit right in that space.

These small tables will be released very soon. Live fire testing has proven them to be incredibly accurate and if you can perform 3rd grade math you can be incredibly successful with them.

What are those of us who dropped out in 2nd grade going to do!

I assume that the 168gr SMK will be one of these tables?