• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW PRODUCT: VIPERSKINS Pistol Grip AICS Skins

Re: NEW PRODUCT: VIPERSKINS Pistol Grip AICS Skins

Looks nice, Almost makes me wan't to buy a 700 to take advantage of these skins and an AICS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much will the Pic rails run? </div></div>

The price hasn't been set yet.

Mike, is the backstrap a single size or will you be offering different choices (similar to the MIAD concept)?

OK now this is seriously good! Will certainly be in for a couple of sets.

They got an uniqueness all to themselves.

Vaguely European.

You guys are rock stars! PATENT this asap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 96C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are rock stars! PATENT this asap </div></div>

Thanks. Patent pending!

Those are super cool, I know I am one of those people who doesn't do too well with the standard thumbhole.

Looks great -
Hope you make CIP Long Action skins soon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">group buy? </div></div>

That would be sweet!

Hi all
Quick question for you ?
These new sides look great.. my rifle looks pretty beat up now , very old must be 8 years . It's the non folder .none adjustable cheek piece.
How easy is it to convert to adjustable cheek, just drill a couple
of holes?
I was just quoted £85 for a new set , glad I waited

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dave338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi all
Quick question for you ?
These new sides look great.. my rifle looks pretty beat up now , very old must be 8 years . It's the non folder .none adjustable cheek piece.
How easy is it to convert to adjustable cheek, just drill a couple
of holes?
I was just quoted £85 for a new set , glad I waited </div></div>

I've just done one, you need to cut the fixed cheek piece off and then drill a couple of holes. Its fairly easy to do but the plastic is not great to work with. Looks ok when done - the adjustable cheek piece covers all the evidence of the DIY job...

Thanks ,
Should give the old bang stick a new lease of life

My wallet is starting to hurt, holding out for FDE though

Really, for the price it'd almost be silly NOT to get a set if you're not happy with the thumb hole... It's an investment.

I just ordered an AICS AX from the UK, kicking myself that the AICS 1.5 was sold off... Or these awesome skins would have gone straight on and saved almost a grand!! *face palm*

Will you be making adjustable Palm swells like the AX?? and is it compatible with the butt spikes??

nice!

Insurance payout just been put in the bank and these rock up, must be fate, I'll be in for a set (if you ship to Oz that is).

If someone pulls off their 1.5 fde's for a set of these let me know. I like the thumbhole, lol

Well I just got a new 1.5 so glad to see this if I deciide to change it up.

TAGGED!!

Group buy... group buy... group buy...

From first page...
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LawnMM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm so buying a set for my AI 1.5 =)

One thing I can't see, is the bottom screw on the recoil pad still able to protrude forward through the skins to allow mounting of the Accu Shot monopods?

Rich </div></div>

Rich- yes there is a hole to mount the AccuShot monopods on the 'hook'. Though I must confess, I haven't mounted one yet but will try to get my hands on one and see how it fits. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sudnrush</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will these skins still allow you to mount the Accu-Shot Mono pods that are meant for the AI guns? </div></div>

It should... though we haven't tried it yet.

I was waiting for AX stocks to hit the market...$1300 vs $199?

Did you just make the AX obsolete?

They look sharp! I would like to see them in some additional colors.

A Multicam version would be awesome...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scotty G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A Multicam version would be awesome... </div></div>

That's easy....just get the standard color dipped or painted

After seeing Pete Lincoln's RCSII with pistol grip panels, I was wondering when someone would do something similar on this side of the pond... Hell maybe you could sell some to him since he is having supply issues over there, would be win win for all.

-pd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scotty G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A Multicam version would be awesome... </div></div>

The dip is your way to go.

Its Friday, any time now they should be up for grabs!

Hey Guys-

Slight delay in the final shipment, they are being produced this week and will be in my hands by Friday 9/9. Our site will be accepting orders on Tuesday and I will get them out to you on a first come, first served basis. Also your CC will not be charged until they actually ship.

They are looking amazing, I will have more pics up this weekend!

Thanks,

Michael V.

tag i might have to get an aics once you make a long action version

Do they take the Atlas via the AI spigot ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJ.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do they take the Atlas via the AI spigot ? </div></div>

Of course..

Viperskins5.jpg

Do you have any pics of an AE in the stock ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJ.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have any pics of an AE in the stock ? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will these be made to fit factory AE/AW rifles also? </div></div>

Yes, they will be ready at a later date. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, these look fantastic!

Any cahnce of doing a version to replace the standard AI stock sides on my AW? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LawnMM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will these be made to fit factory AE/AW rifles also? </div></div>

Yes, they will be ready at a later date. </div></div> </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lawnMM, thanks - missed that.

Great news! </div></div>

If only I had the coin to pick up an AICS chassis..let alone a set of these skins
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RWSGunsmithing</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

3)If you don't get around to colors, would these skins handle being hydro-dipped ok? They'd look wicked dipped in ATACS film... </div></div>

That might work but how durable is the hydo dipping though?</div></div>

I don't really know, I think it depends a lot on the surface it is applied to. It's something i'd have to look into for sure, hence why I was phishing for info here, lol. </div></div>

Hydro dipping can be durable as the companies spray matte clear cerakote (or duracote) once the dip is dry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ptd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After seeing Pete Lincoln's RCSII with pistol grip panels, I was wondering when someone would do something similar on this side of the pond... Hell maybe you could sell some to him since he is having supply issues over there, would be win win for all.

-pd </div></div>

PTD I just sent Michael a pm suggesting something similar. Michael drop me a line, maybe we can come to a mutual arrangement and a win win situation for us all. Then i can tell the Auto industry orientated, pascifistic plastics industry over here to take a long walk of a short peer.
Pete

How about a 1.5 picture ?

I'm curious to see how the connection of the two piece skins is for the 1.5 version where they meet at the butt stock to grip. On the 2.0 it has the folder to separate it but it would be good to see how its made on the 1.5.

Also are the 1.5's molded without the locking holes for folding stock that the 2.0 has ?

Great pics and looking forward to giving them a go !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AtOne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about a 1.5 picture ?

I'm curious to see how the connection of the two piece skins is for the 1.5 version where they meet at the butt stock to grip. On the 2.0 it has the folder to separate it but it would be good to see how its made on the 1.5.

Also are the 1.5's molded without the locking holes for folding stock that the 2.0 has ?

Great pics and looking forward to giving them a go ! </div></div>

Our non folding ViperSkins for the AICS 1.5 are essentially the same as the folding ones, the only difference is the there is no space for the hinge. The 1.5 skins are comprised of four separate pieces so there will be a very small seam where they meet but it's negligible.

We'll post pics as soon as they arrive on Friday.

It's Tuesday, why can't I buy them on your site yet?!