• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos New project digital paint job and muzzle brake.

scottsnipe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2008
Peoria, Arizona
Here is my Remmy in 308, just finished the paint job, definately a tedious process but very rewarding. I also had the 20" barrel cut down to 18" and threaded for a muzzle brake. AWC thundertrap in the works. Let me know what you guys think.

Re: New project digital paint job and muzzle brake.

I likey!
cool.gif

Looks badass with the short barrel!

Thanks! worked hard on it, can't wait to put some rounds downrange this weekend.

It's a Millett LRS, didn't realize that the scope was that big but i'm using it temporarily anyways. Just ordered a can so now i'm saving up for a Night force.

Whats the weight of the complete gun?

great looking rifle-you painted? did you make your own masks for the digital? What type of paint? handsome rig!!

Very nice!!! I hate to ask how much time was involved.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308skinner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats the weight of the complete gun? </div></div>
I am not sure, I don't have a scale but she doesn't feel too heavy.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WCW308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">great looking rifle-you painted? did you make your own masks for the digital? What type of paint? handsome rig!! </div></div> Yes, I did make my own stencils, was definately very time consuming but totally worth it. The paint was purchased at home depot it was camo paint. I originally did this to just test out the stencils and was going to use Duracoat but it came out pretty good so I guess I will use Duracoat on my next project.

if you took the sunshade off it might not be so intense. I think the scope is WAAYY to long!

Otherwise, nice paint job and looks like your headed in the right direction

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: locked&loaded</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice looking rifle. Clean work bench too..
laugh.gif
</div></div> The whole garage is my man cave and the only room I clean
smile.gif

Looks awesome, let us know how that 18" barrel shoots.

Great looking rifle and paint job. Very clean all around.

How long is that sunshade anyway? I guess the only time you have to worry about sun glare is when you're aiming directly at it, eh?

Nice work and nice clean work bench.

Please give us some specifics on the making of the stencils.

Your sunshade is too long, but the scope looks fine. Let us know how it shoots. I have a GAP 308 with a 20inch barrel and I loaded 155 scenars at 2800 and it shot really well (1/4 inch at a 100 and made hits on steel at a 1000). You do lose some velocity but you can punch up the 155s pretty good.

Thanks for sharing

I agree that the sunshade is a bit long, but overall the gun looks great! I have tried to do that same camo pattern using the rubber cabinet pads you buy from walmart that have the small squares cut out. It came out pretty good, not near as good as yours.

Very nice rifle let us know how well it shoots. I have a .308 VTR with a 20 inch barrel that shoots sub moa , so I'm interested how yours performs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexasRedNeck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice work and nice clean work bench.

Please give us some specifics on the making of the stencils.

Your sunshade is too long, but the scope looks fine. Let us know how it shoots. I have a GAP 308 with a 20inch barrel and I loaded 155 scenars at 2800 and it shot really well (1/4 inch at a 100 and made hits on steel at a 1000). You do lose some velocity but you can punch up the 155s pretty good.

Thanks for sharing </div></div>
I used blue painters tape and wax paper, used grid paper as an outline so I an get perfect squares. Then just cut out random patterns and just arranged to my liking. It sounds easy but wait till you hand cut around 50 different patterns and you'll see what I mean by tedious work!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree that the sunshade is a bit long, but overall the gun looks great! I have tried to do that same camo pattern using the rubber cabinet pads you buy from walmart that have the small squares cut out. It came out pretty good, not near as good as yours. </div></div> I know it is very long!! Just put it on for picture only, looked pretty cool at the time.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inez</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice rifle let us know how well it shoots. I have a .308 VTR with a 20 inch barrel that shoots sub moa , so I'm interested how yours performs. </div></div> I can't wait either, hopefully it doesn't rain tommorrow, I have a bunch of ammo loaded up and ready to shoot!

I agree with the other guys about the sunshade, pull that sucker off of there and I think I'll look fine. But as far as the camo goes, its pretty nice man, give your self a good tappy tappy on the back!

Damn thats a short barrel!!!

It makes the scope look even larger

Nice looking rig

what is with everyone saying the Sunshade is TOO LONG? it may LOOK too long in relation to the whole set up...is that what everyone is talking about? Is this just a aesthetic observation? or is there some sort of functional logic here? of course, you want your set up as small, yet functional as you can in a duty weapon, but I dont see the logic in saying it is too long...sounds like a personal preference. not being a dick, just a curiosity question.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inez</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice rifle let us know how well it shoots. I have a .308 VTR with a 20 inch barrel that shoots sub moa , so I'm interested how yours performs. </div></div> 3 shot groups She shot pretty good for the first time out, this was just a load I used in y other rifles and it was pretty tight @ 100yds. Very happy with the results.

That's a job to be proud of!! Congrats!!

Pretty impressive groups there Scott looks like you have a winner , nice work.

Hey, Scott where did you get the bag on your stock? i have been looking for them but can't find them?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inez</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, Scott where did you get the bag on your stock? i have been looking for them but can't find them? </div></div> I got the stock pack from this company: Skd tactical
They had a bunch in stock but I think they just recently sold out.

Re: New project digital paint job and muzzle brake

Wow!!!! Incredible (sunshade, that is).
blush.gif

Thanks for all the kind words, this project has been very rewarding. The only thing i'm saving for is a Nightforce and she will be complete.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scottsnipe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only thing i'm saving for is a Nightforce </div></div>

Hell yeah.

That rifle looks amazing with the nightforce scope. what cal do you shoot out of it a 308. looks amazing keep up the good work

Marvelous shorty rifle Man, cool paint job
I'd love to guet one rifle shorten like that, easy to put it between the seats in my pickup for night hunts :eek:)

as everyones saids, the glass is bit to long but anyway as long as it is not longer than the rifle it does'nt take more space.

good job
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hider's snipe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Marvelous shorty rifle Man, cool paint job
I'd love to guet one rifle shorten like that, easy to put it between the seats in my pickup for night hunts :eek:)

as everyones saids, the glass is bit to long but anyway as long as it is not longer than the rifle it does'nt take more space.

good job
laugh.gif

</div></div>
Thank you much for the compliments, spent a lot of time on the paint but most importantly she shoots tight groups! I just put the shade on for the pic, check my signiture for the pic without the shade.