• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Remy .338 Lapua ammo?

Derrick300

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, SC.
OK I have been reading a lot of posts about different overall lengths of factory .338 Lapua ammo. Looking for people with first hand experience with the Remy 700P and factory ammo that fits the mag and has good accuracy. I will be using this as a long range deer rifle on some large fields I hunt in Alabama so I'm looking for a factory round set up for killing not punching holes in paper.

Thanks in advance
Derrick

Re: New Remy .338 Lapua ammo?

I have fired Hornady 250gr HPBT, Blackhills 300gr HPBT and have seen 250gr HSM shot, this is from 2 seperate MLRs. No problem with the above rounds fitting in the mags, that includes the first release HSS mag and the new Remington AI wannabe mag.

I did not chrono the BH, but here's the vel. on the other 2:

Hornady (8230) 250gr - 2745 fps average
HSM (338Lapua-2) 250gr - 2830 fps average

Re: New Remy .338 Lapua ammo?

Thanks phreakmode, I'm not very familiar with HSM how long have these guys been around? Looks like they sell a lot to Cabelas ill have to check some out next time im there.

Derrick