• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Rifle Finally Done!

JCH

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Well after having several gunsmiths work on my rifle, I am finally done. Now I just have to find a load that will work.

Here are the details:
Rem 700 Accurized LA 7mm Rem Mag
Rock Creek 26" M24 contour fluted barrel (1-8 twist) with brake
Jewell Trigger
Badger Tactical Knob
McMillan A5 with adjustable cheekpiece and 3-way butt pad
Badger detachable bottom metal
Seekins Precision Base and Rings
Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 NP-R1 reticle with sunshade

101_0075.jpg

101_0077.jpg

101_0078.jpg

Re: New Rifle Finally Done!

Nice stick. 7 mm Rem Mag. Shouldn't have any trouble reaching 1000 and beyond. What bullet? 180 Berger?

Nice rig, but a question. Why get a 1 in 8 twist barrel if you are only going to shoot 162 and 168's? A 1 in 9 could have done that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rig, but a question. Why get a 1 in 8 twist barrel if you are only going to shoot 162 and 168's? A 1 in 9 could have done that. </div></div>

Im wondering the same. Seems to be that 180's are the way to go.
But all that aside, nice stick! Good pick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rig, but a question. Why get a 1 in 8 twist barrel if you are only going to shoot 162 and 168's? A 1 in 9 could have done that. </div></div>

Im wondering the same. Seems to be that 180's are the way to go.
But all that aside, nice stick! Good pick </div></div>

Actually the twist is 8.5 and I chose that in case i wanted to move up in weight later.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice rifle, and great choice in cartridge!</div></div>

somehow I knew you would like the choice in caliber!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koolnhard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice stick!

what color camo is that?</div></div>

It is a marble design, black, silver, and gray.