• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New rifle project, need caliber input please!!!

dk-1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2007
Central, Ca.
I have just picked up a long action Rem 700 ADL in 300 win mag as a donor action. I want a cartridge for 1500-ish yards. I would like input on what can be built on this action which has: decent barrel life, affordable to shoot, good to great ballistics to the above distance.

Re: New rifle project, need caliber input please!!!

300WM will do 1500Y with heavies.

7WSM 7-300WSM. From what I've read you can get from 1500 to 2500 rounds for the barrel life.

Or my wildcat cartridge 30-375R.240's at 2880fps.

Steve

go 7-300WSM, and load them long since you have a long action. 300WSM will never come close to a 7.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">go 7-300WSM, and load them long since you have a long action. 300WSM will never come close to a 7. </div></div>

+1 this is my next build.

Thats good info, thanks. I was talking with a local smith yesterday and he suggested the 7-300wsm loaded long as well.

Can a 338LM be biult on a standard 700LA reciever?

ETA: Answered my own question by searching
blush.gif