• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New SAC build Surgeon RSR, Rock Creek, Manners 308

Mgordon

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2007
Wellington, Ohio
www.shortactioncustoms.com
Gents, just finished another build tonight that turned out great. I want to trade in my 308 for this one!!! Here are the specs.

Surgeon RSR (Group buy)
Terry Cross bolt knob
Rock Creek 1-11.25 Stainless, I believe its a M24/M40 finished at 20"
Muzzle threaded for 5/8 x 24 and Badger FTE
Manners Mini Chassis, skim bedded
Timney trigger tuned to 2 1/4 LBS
Cerakote Graphite Black

Rifle was test fired tonight with Black Hills Gold 168 A-Max. 3 shots pretty much on top of each other at 135 yards.

Here is the best part!!!

DSC01814Large.jpg

DSC01804Large.jpg

DSC01827Large.jpg

DSC01837Large.jpg

DSC01840Large.jpg

DSC01844Large.jpg

DSC01847Large.jpg

The barrel curvature was timed to the action.

DSC05753Large.jpg

DSC05756Large.jpg

Re: New SAC build Surgeon RSR, Rock Creek, Manners

Wow! great looking rifle, great shooting too!! Is that a manners stock as well? Was thinking of getting a manners with the mini chassis, how do you like the mini chassis system?
grin.gif

I like it alot, but this one needed to be skim bedded. I dont think I will ever believe that there is a chassis that can just have an action dropped in and not require any more attention. With that being said, I personally believe that Manners makes the best stocks for tactical rifles.

Mark

Sweet job Mark
Thanks for the pictures.
I am going to start a thread in the gunsmith section to discuss finding the barrel curve. I hope you will comment.
Dave

Shoot me a PM or give me a call sometime if you would like.

I'm getting dinner with the lady tonight, so anytime tomorrow is fine.

Mark

Mark do you have any pictures of the Chasis with the skim bed? If so can you email or pm me some if you dont want to put them here.

Mark,
That build looks awesome. I hope to get mine done up soon too. I sent you an email last week. Look forward to hearing from you.

-CJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sudnit5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mark,
That build looks awesome. I hope to get mine done up soon too. I sent you an email last week. Look forward to hearing from you.

-CJ </div></div>
+1000
cant wait for him to work some magic on my rifle

Mark you do amazing work. This 6.5CM you redid for me is a HAMMER. I was hitting steel at 800 yards standing with the rifle leaned up on a old fence.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mark do you have any pictures of the Chasis with the skim bed? If so can you email or pm me some if you dont want to put them here. </div></div>

Got to keep Austin happy.......here you go buddy!

Just putting two pads was plenty for this stock. I spoke with Tom Manners and we went over the actual contact points between the stock and the action and that is all he recommended. In addition, I also found that the mag well area was floated, so again, no need to change the design by full length bedding this stock.

DSC01849Large.jpg

DSC01850Large.jpg

thanks Mark, so you bedded forward of the lug and a little behind it, and then the tang of the action? Thanks for the picture buddy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks Mark, so you bedded forward of the lug and a little behind it, and then the tang of the action? Thanks for the picture buddy </div></div>

Correct, the bottom, front and sides are floated, the pad extends 1" forward of the recoil lug to support the heavy barrel.

Mark

looks awesome just as expected Mark!

It is definitely a M24/M40 contour, and that thing looks like a beast. Thanks again Mark it looks even better than I imagined it would!

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How is the weight on that Mark?
</div></div>

That and whats the LOP? What a sweet stick!
Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LegioX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How is the weight on that Mark?
</div></div>

That and whats the LOP? What a sweet stick!
Thanks </div></div>

I actually did not get a chance to do a final weigh in with out the scope or check the length of pull. I believe its the standard length from Manners.

Mark