• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Schmidt & Bender PM2 6-36x56

Sb has some things still going for it as stated above. I know this is the 636 thread and I could care less for a 6x36 honestly but the 520us is still unbeatable in it's overall package as is the 320us. The zco 420 comes close... the turrets are meh but the reticles are useable. Zcos new target 1 reticle looks aight but guess they are only putting in the 527 for now.

The SB 525 is still great below 3k with dtii+ turrets if you like one of the wide selection of reticles that are out there.

Does anyone even offer more reticles than SB?

I don't think I will ever part with my dtii+ 520us scopes. They are bad ass little scopes and I don't think I would own anything but ultra shorts if I can keep finding them around 3k with dtii turrets. The 320us is probably the best alpha scope behind a nvg or thermal right now.
The target 1 is only available in the EU. No plans for a US launch anytime soon according to CStactical and gebhardt. I do agree with the dtii+ turrets, they are something special.

W
Dude we have ran them side by side in practice and at matches. Shits not secret.

The gen 3 razor hands down has better glass than any 5-25 I have looked throught. I have ran my zcos side by side with another members here 2 5-25 and it wasn't even close.

Same with the 7-35 and minox which probally is only second to TT in actually IQ.

Their time has passed, it's not 2008 anymore. Everything I have heard is the 6-36 has similar glass to the 5-25. This is khales 525 all over again if that's the case.

S&B reticles do not hold a candle to what the competition is offering and one of main reasons you hardly see them on match rifles anymore.
While I tend to agree with you the geniii is a good scope but not everyone runs prs comps. For a lot of field use where you actually carry the gun anywhere, the 52-55 odd ozs with the mount. Makes the scope a total paperweight for some
People. My current sako runs a minox. Which I’ve been happy with. That being said the 6-36 I guess is a prs based scope ish. I would like to try one but I have too many other rifles to have scopes on to have 5 grand tied up in one scope lol. Seems crazy to me. 2-3 grand max for me

Dude we have ran them side by side in practice and at matches. Shits not secret.

The gen 3 razor hands down has better glass than any 5-25 I have looked throught. I have ran my zcos side by side with another members here 2 5-25 and it wasn't even close.

Same with the 7-35 and minox which probally is only second to TT in actually IQ.

Their time has passed, it's not 2008 anymore. Everything I have heard is the 6-36 has similar glass to the 5-25. This is khales 525 all over again if that's the case.

S&B reticles do not hold a candle to what the competition is offering and one of main reasons you hardly see them on match rifles anymore.
You probably didn't set the Schmidt up correctly.
I can make any scope like like shit when someone first puts their eye to it.

The target 1 is only available in the EU. No plans for a US launch anytime soon according to CStactical and gebhardt. I do agree with the dtii+ turrets, they are something special.
Did I miss a memo somewhere, what is this target 1 reticle?

1676989979624.png

PDF attached as well

Attachments

• Target 1_ENG_2021_web (1).pdf
    176.3 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: MarinePMI
You probably didn't set the Schmidt up correctly.
I can make any scope like like shit when someone first puts their eye to it.
LOL, not even close.

The side by side comparison was with one of the best PRS shooters in the region and a member here. Its hilarious the blind defense some of you throw like Ze German Engineering is infallible and perfect. Sorry your S&B is not cool or special anymore. You should have bought one when they were if you care about such things.

LOL, not even close.

The side by side comparison was with one of the best PRS shooters in the region and a member here. Its hilarious the blind defense some of you throw like Ze German Engineering is infallible and perfect. Sorry your S&B is not cool or special anymore. You should have bought one when they were if you care about such things.
K

I can't be certain (because I cannot see his posts but I do see when people respond) but it appears DBD is up to his typical "stir the pot" ways, I learned a long time ago the convenience of the "Ignore" button when you click on some ones name in the left panel, it's saved me a lot of heartache and grief from those who will not listen to reason and are hell bent on arguing for arguing's sake.
1676990828353.png

You going to be a frontline Fury this weekend in NC? How about I bring 2 of my ZCO and you bring your S&B(s) and we can do the Pepsi challenge. I am sure we can find a Gen 3 razor and 7-35 ATACR to join in the fun.
I've looked through all of those scopes with the diopter setup. I still picked an S&B because the glass on ZCO isnt a 1000 dollars better and the glass on TT is DEFINITELY not 2000 dollars better.
I picked an optic based on turrets, reticle and aesthetic to match my Xray 66.

also Coleman's Creek >>>> Frontline lmfao

Reactions: BCX and Tikkaguy
They just made the thin center part 1 mil on either side instead of 2 mils. Same center in the P5FL as well.
5F60F16A-F177-4E9F-829C-13F4A82779EE.jpeg

Reactions: Arevalosocom
I know there are some frustrated that Schmidt is only releasing the 6-36x56 with the GR2ID and the P5FL reticles, keep in mind that other reticles are likely coming and since this scope seems to be more "competition" oriented than mil/le offerings it makes sense for them to offer the GR2ID which seems to be their most popular reticle design for comps. I had the GR2ID reticle in my 3-27 that I had last year and liked it, wasn't nearly as busy as I thought it would be, not like the MPCT3x in the 5-27 that I had beside it, I swear those circles (MPCT3x) kept putting me into trances.

Here's the GR2ID and MPCT3x next to each other, you tell me which you like better o_O :LOL:

1676992252762.png

I prefer minimalist tree reticle designs like the MR4, Gen3 XR, FML-TR1 et al, still hoping Schmidt and ZCO will design similar.

LOL, not even close.

But no actual test equipment?

Reactions: clonebuilder
But no actual test equipment?
You don't need test equipment to see the difference in finding hidden shot up targets in heavy timber with overcast. These are the types of areas where the Alpha and Beta scopes really separate themselves.

Shoot a 10 round stage with one gun, and then the other, Just finding the targets with the S&B was hard enough. Actually resolving the target for your hold and shot was also significantly more difficult. Half a dozen or more people on this site know exactly where and what I am talking about with these targets at this location.

In bright perfect conditions, yea the S&B is great, But as the conditions worse, the mirage picks up, the delta between them and the current alphas starts to widen. Thats not even getting into reticle differences, which is more of a personal preference anyway.

• Haha
You don't need test equipment to see the difference in finding hidden shot up targets in heavy timber with overcast. These are the types of areas where the Alpha and Beta scopes really separate themselves.

Shoot a 10 round stage with one gun, and then the other, Just finding the targets with the S&B was hard enough. Actually resolving the target for your hold and shot was also significantly more difficult. Half a dozen or more people on this site know exactly where and what I am talking about with these targets at this location.

In bright perfect conditions, yea the S&B is great, But as the conditions worse, the mirage picks up, the delta between them and the current alphas starts to widen. Thats not even getting into reticle differences, which is more of a personal preference anyway.
Sounds like you're blaming your equipment for a personal skill issue.

These things are completely quantifiable. They don't need to be presented in the subjective manner you're presenting them in, and the fact of the matter is, the people with the equipment who have done the quantifiable tests disagree with your subjective opinion.
Again, I doubt it was set up right if that's what you think you were seeing.
Your gen 3 Vortex is definitely a beta.

These things are completely quantifiable. They don't need to be presented in the subjective manner you're presenting them in, and the fact of the matter is, the people with the equipment who have done the quantifiable tests disagree with your subjective opinion.
The people who have done the tests consistently have the PMII close behind the top two. You are coping hard rn

Interestingly enough some time back, Frank had posted pictures and talked about one of the classes he was teaching in Alaska.
One of the S&B scopes was the only one that could actually see through the haze / humidity and let you see the targets which were almost invisible with other scopes.

That however was NOT a PMII scope it was one of the specialized hunting scopes.

I need to do a reticle swap too. I got a smokin' deal on a 5-20x US w/ P4F and thought I could handle it, but nope.

You must win a lot of national level matches with that alpha scope.

Oh i know.... I bought it! I actually liked the LRR-Mil and had my 3-27 swapped over from p4f.
One mans garbage is another mans treasure :LOL: No, seriously, I love that we have options because we're all different. When I was younger I used to love those razor thin reticles but now I need to see something more substantial.

I don't think anyone will argue that ZCO/TT aren't better optics than a 5-25 S&B. That's not really a question.

But if you can't find targets or have your scores negatively impacted because you are using the S&B, I also don't think anyone would argue....

That you're just not very good and probably shouldn't type out your opinions here as if they matter.

One of my favorite Aristotle quotes seems appropriate here: Get Gud Scrub

Last edited:
This TBH. Not to mention with the other alpha brands you cant send it back to get a reticle swap (maybe ZCO can idk). Tangent flat out said no when I asked them about reticle swaps

The problem for ZCO for them is that you are replacing so much of the internals to swap the reticle that it's cost prohibitive, it's cheaper and easier to sell your scope and buy the reticle you want.

Ah, thank you Secant. So basically it's ZCO's version of the March FML-3 designed by ILya. Not to derail the Schmidt thread but what's the fascination with Europeans and squares around the center cross?

The Target 1 reticle is made for a specific style of competition in Europe and is mainly sized for a specific target at a specific magnification.
So no reason to bring it here :)

Reactions: Glassaholic
You, guys are giving me a headache. If you don't like S$B, take a hick.... This thread wasn't started to compare Alpha scopes or Tier 1 scopes. Shit.... we don't even have the S$B 6-36 here in the great USA...

Do you guys know why the great USA is so great? WE have freedom to make choices. Pick a reticle that works for your shooting style, pick a turret that allows enough elevation and move on! The gear doesn't make the shooter

The Target 1 reticle is made for a specific style of competition in Europe and is mainly sized for a specific target at a specific magnification.
So no reason to bring it here :)
That's super niche lol. nice on them for catering to that though.

Now if they could add MSR2...🤞

Reactions: Alpine 338
That's super niche lol. nice on them for catering to that though.

Now if they could add MSR2...🤞

Go f yourself is basically what I heard but then they added the tremor I can only guess to possibly submit for military contracts eventually now this haha......

Go f yourself is basically what I heard but then they added the tremor I can only guess to possibly submit for military contracts eventually now this haha......

Well there's two entities of ZCO... U.S. and Austria that sometimes cater to their specific areas. The Non Locking Elevation option was basically a U.S. only option requested by us that was only performed by Jeff himself who would need to fly to Austria to train the techs their how to perform that function.

Well there's two entities of ZCO... U.S. and Austria that sometimes cater to their specific areas. The Non Locking Elevation option was basically a U.S. only option requested by us that was only performed by Jeff himself who would need to fly to Austria to train the techs their how to perform that function.

That was in regards to asking zco if they would add the msr2... I got politely told no

• Haha
Reactions: BCX and CSTactical
The people who have done the tests consistently have the PMII close behind the top two. You are coping hard rn
I’m not, no. I agree with you. I don’t agree with the Vortex topping the Schmidt.

Reactions: Tikkaguy