• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Schmidt & Bender PM2 6-36x56

Just wait EO has a shipment coming. ;)
That way you get the warranty...I once looked into buying a scope when I was in the EU and was told it would be considered a gray model and the warranty would not apply...never followed up with S&B though. I know grey market cameras from Nikon or Canon that sell for less money are not covered.

That way you get the warranty...I once looked into buying a scope when I was in the EU and was told it would be considered a gray model and the warranty would not apply...never followed up with S&B though. I know grey market cameras from Nikon or Canon that sell for less money are not covered.
Last I checked Jerry (Schmidt USA ) would service any S&B regardless of where it was purchased. I did hear something about Schmidt not allowing companies like optics-trade to ship to USA most likely because they are so much cheaper in Europe and with the dollar to euro exchange rate I think a lot of people would consider that.

What are the pros and cons for DT35 versus DT II+ one these?
DT II+ has a lever for lock/unlock and MTC (on/off) where DT35 has no such lever. Personally, DT35 are the worst turrets Schmidt has made to date - at 18 mil per rev the clicks are way too close together and the knurling bites into your hand too much, I sold my US 3-20 almost as quickly as it arrived when I got those turrets. The DT II+ are a dream in comparison, you wouldn't think 18 mil vs. 16 mil per rev would make much of a difference but it does. Only con with DT II+ is 30.5 mrad total travel vs. 35 mrad for DT35, but I'll happily give up the 4.5 mrad for the much better DT II+ turret. DT II+ turret clicks are closest to TT I have found outside of March's new Shuriken lock turrets. This is all personal preference so keep that in mind.

1677613272128.png

Are the MTII turrets not popular?

Are the MTII turrets not popular?
If you don't mind dialing for 45 minutes they are great :ROFLMAO: They are .05 mrad per click up to 39 mrad so a lot of clicking, they are also listed in CM instead of mrad so it gets confusing - instead of 1 (mrad) it will say 10

1677614318316.png

Reactions: BCX
P5FL.. DT 35mil Turret..

BTW...here in Aus the S&B 6-36 is MUCH cheaper than the ZCO 8-40..
Post through the scope pics and a comparison to ZCO/TT if you get the chance please.
Also thoughts on the DT35 turrets, everyone said the regular DT are too close together but I never had that be a problem.
All I want is good clicking sounds and enough resistance so it doesn't move unless I move it.

• Haha
Reactions: Glassaholic
I did hear something about Schmidt not allowing companies like optics-trade to ship to USA most likely because they are so much cheaper in Europe
This is a common dealer agreement term for international brands to protect their dealer network in one country from other(s).

This is a common dealer agreement term for international brands to protect their dealer network in one country from other(s).
I used to be able to order Schmidt from optics-trade, they probably flew under the radar before but got big enough to be noticed.

What is Euro pricing - I have a friend that visits from Germany - can he simply bring one (or some) legally?

So it is illegal? Or the duties/tariff would end up the same as buying from EO?

edit- looked it up, 25% tariff but not illegal

Last edited:
As of May 2022, SB stated their warranty is worldwide, so you’re good.

(I tried setting up an appt to drive over and get one last year lol)

CEBC710F-596E-4ABB-8020-4E79F3143038.jpeg

So will these guys ship international? The 6-36 is pretty damn well priced here

Email and ask.that’s the only way to find out.

…they were another place that wouldn’t sell to walk ins or do in person pick ups. 😑

Thanks - was completely unaware of this. I have absolutely no desire to enter the firearms industry. Euro delivery a car, but not a scope! :LOL:

Is the 6-36 being adopted by the US military?

Is the 6-36 being adopted by the US military?
ITAR has little to do with the military use as much as it is exportable technology that the Department of State deems to be tied to National Security interests. Lots of items fall under ITAR rules that are not specific to military hardware. Programmable chips or microcontrollers that are used in games are also controlled via ITAR.

ITAR has little to do with the military use as much as it is exportable technology that the Department of State deems to be tied to National Security interests. Lots of items fall under ITAR rules that are not specific to military hardware. Programmable chips or microcontrollers that are used in games are also controlled via ITAR.
yep a lot of pharmaceutical/biotech stuff falls under ITAR too. It's all encompassing.

Reactions: CSTactical

They will. He followed up in a 2nd email saying you have to pay import tax on it, which I think is ~25%, and other taxes. I added to cart to checkout and total was $3.5kish then the import tax and other taxes when it enters the US>
1677798854538.png

Last edited:
They will. He followed up in a 2nd email saying you have to pay import tax on it, which I think is ~25%, and other taxes. I added to cart to checkout and total was $3.5kish then the import tax and other taxes when it enters the US>
View attachment 8087612
Close enough to 🤡🇩🇪 price to buy it here.

View attachment 8087612
The DTII+ turret is 4025 EUR which is ~$4250 USD plus import tax which can be significant. EO price is $5170 but if you pay cash they usually provide a 3-5% discount. Not much of a price advantage to buy it from here from my perspective

The DTII+ turret is 4025 EUR which is ~$4250 USD plus import tax which can be significant. EO price is $5170 but if you pay cash they usually provide a 3-5% discount. Not much of a price advantage to buy it from here from my perspective
There’s this thing called VAT you don’t have to pay which brings the cost down to @clonebuilder stated cost of $3.5K.

View attachment 8087612
I wouldn’t hold my breath on that timeline. He told me back in March 2022 that they would be getting them in the summer (2022).

You don't pay VAT but you usually pay importation tax when it clears customs entry as the item has a declared value
Yessir, my point was it’s not $4225 plus theft/tariffs, it’s $3500ish plus tariffs. Either way you still lose.

Yessir, my point was it’s not $4225 plus theft/tariffs, it’s $3500ish plus tariffs. Either way you still lose.
I've found the same, by the time you pay for all the fees it's usually pretty close to the US price and likely not worth all the hassle. Cameralandny is supposed to be getting some now that Schmidt USA has released the dealer network, anyone interested might want to talk with Doug as there is usually no tax and discounted price.

I've found the same, by the time you pay for all the fees it's usually pretty close to the US price and likely not worth all the hassle. Cameralandny is supposed to be getting some now that Schmidt USA has released the dealer network, anyone interested might want to talk with Doug as there is usually no tax and discounted price.
No free lunch or their US dealers would have an issue

Unless your in communist NY than we pay tax!

Had another look through the 6-36x last week at IWA. They are definetly shipping now.

The reason for the long wait is the prototyping stages, everything is made in Germany, and then going into production, it takes time.
How's the glass/FOV?
This in GR2ID and MTII turrets would be an ELR monster.

Hell yeah, we will be waiting for some feedback.