• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Schmidt & Bender PM2 6-36x56

Better in Denmark, we can just go to a gunshop and buy a suppressor.
The dealer will register the sale with the police.
Only caveat is that you can only buy suppressors if you have a hunting permit.
We have our locally designed suppressors, costing 200$ including threading the barrel.
No paperwork at all.

oh, and we have unrestricted FOV 😘

Better in Denmark, we can just go to a gunshop and buy a suppressor.
The dealer will register the sale with the police.
Only caveat is that you can only buy suppressors if you have a hunting permit.
We have our locally designed suppressors, costing 200$ including threading the barrel.
No paperwork at all.

oh, and we have unrestricted FOV 😘
In NZ you don't need a permit or to register them, although you now need a form/permit to ship them (or any other gun or gun part).
What are the rules around semi autos or handguns?

Suppressors are restricted in all Australian states if I'm not mistaken.
New Zealand has a free for all on suppressors, but that's the only good thing going for us.
That's because they took away all the rifles you could put them on :LOL:
Australia has virtually nothing worth being jealous of, in relation to gun laws that is.
I think the UK is more lax than Aus :oops:
Full FOV Schmidts certain isn't enough reason to move there.
Hmmm, I'm not so sure about that ;)

Reactions: wooferocau
Ouch. They were always easy to get, the whole rifles being taken away was unrelated (******* leftwing *****).

They are on par I think with pros and cons either way, NZ is still the best of the three, not sure how long that'll last though.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure about that ;)
It'd have to be pretty bloody amazing to make the spider, snakes, and the horrible accent worth it living with!

Reactions: Glassaholic

Attachments

• DSC_0076ww.jpg
    DSC_0076ww.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 58
It’s bright
Thanks ;) Bright enough to see illumination during the day? The reason I'm asking is I'm thinking of grabbing another 3-20 US and wondering if LPI will help me see the center of the reticle at 3x with MSR2, if not then I'll likely defer to another ZCO 4-20 with MPCT1, man I wish ZCO would come out with a Gen 3XR type reticle.

Thanks ;) Bright enough to see illumination during the day? The reason I'm asking is I'm thinking of grabbing another 3-20 US and wondering if LPI will help me see the center of the reticle at 3x with MSR2, if not then I'll likely defer to another ZCO 4-20 with MPCT1, man I wish ZCO would come out with a Gen 3XR type reticle.
3-20US doesn’t have LPI does it?

, snakes, and the horrible accent worth it living with!
What snakes!!

Just this 7ft Brown that got me a little while ago.... made me have a whole new outlook on life as you usually DO NOT recover form a bite from one of these!!!!

Attachments

• 20230112_210709.jpgwww.jpg
    20230112_210709.jpgwww.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 108
  • 20230113_105735.jpgwww.jpg
    20230113_105735.jpgwww.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 20230307_171849.jpgwww.jpg
    20230307_171849.jpgwww.jpg
    694.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 20230307_171917.jpgwww.jpg
    20230307_171917.jpgwww.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 107
What snakes!!

Just this 7ft Brown that got me a little while ago.... made me have a whole new outlook on life as you usually DO NOT recover form a bite from one of these!!!!

Here I was thinking Victoria was the safest of the states from this type of nonsense.
Guess I won't be moving there in October after all.

(Am I right in thinking you are in Victoria?)

What snakes!!

Yikes, thank God you're okay. Bad boys we have around here are the eastern diamondbacks
1691014855767.png

Reactions: wooferocau
Yikes, thank God you're okay. Bad boys we have around here are the eastern diamondbacks
View attachment 8195776

Obviously have never encountered a pissed off momma water moccasin or a majave green...

Least the diamond backs generally let you know they are there...

Tbh tho...I have read enough about wildlife in Australia to say f that noise....

• Haha
Here I was thinking Victoria was the safest of the states from this type of nonsense.
Guess I won't be moving there in October after all.

(Am I right in thinking you are in Victoria?)
Yep...Victoria
Best state for firearm ownership.....one of only 2 states you can own the Desert Tech..

Between 2011 and 2015, every time I’d go back to the States on holiday, I’d bring my SRS. The paperwork was easy and getting through customs in both directions was easy. The last time I arrived in Auckland, the Arms Officer almost didn’t let me bring it in because it had a pistol grip and I only had an A-Cat license. He didn’t take too kindly to me showing him in the Arms Code that the rule didn’t apply to bolt guns, but luckily a year-over-year record of me coming and going with the rifle was enough to convince his supervisor.

Then there was the time I almost brought one of my home made suppressors back to the States with me accidentally…

Between 2011 and 2015, every time I’d go back to the States on holiday, I’d bring my SRS. The paperwork was easy and getting through customs in both directions was easy. The last time I arrived in Auckland, the Arms Officer almost didn’t let me bring it in because it had a pistol grip and I only had an A-Cat license. He didn’t take too kindly to me showing him in the Arms Code that the rule didn’t apply to bolt guns, but luckily a year-over-year record of me coming and going with the rifle was enough to convince his supervisor.

Then there was the time I almost brought one of my home made suppressors back to the States with me accidentally…
You'll be pleased to know the Arms Officers haven't gone any less incompetent.

Yep...Victoria
Best state for firearm ownership.....one of only 2 states you can own the Desert Tech..
And the only one without bullshit weather.

I visited Victoria back in 2018 and was plesantly suprised with how nice it was. Even managed to find some snow in Novemember on the Great Alpine road. It's certainly on my shortlist of places to escape to if NZ carries on down the track it's on.

What about the Desert Tech makes it restricted?
Is the BS appearance rules?

And the only one without bullshit weather.

I visited Victoria back in 2018 and was plesantly suprised with how nice it was. Even managed to find some snow in Novemember on the Great Alpine road. It's certainly on my shortlist of places to escape to if NZ carries on down the track it's on.

What about the Desert Tech makes it restricted?
Is the BS appearance rules?
Great Alpine Road... .small world.....I live near it.....about 40km down from the MT Hotham Alpine Resort. Some of the prettiest High Country there is..

Yes.....If it LOOKs like anything Military....it's deemed .."Nasty and Evil:

Great Alpine Road... .small world.....I live near it.....about 40km down from the MT Hotham Alpine Resort. Some of the prettiest High Country there is..

Nice.
Yeah it was very nice there. We stayed in Mertyleford which was very nice and visited Bright (like all tourists) whuich was also nice.

Had some great beer from both places, I even got a real pint in Mertyleford!
(a UK pint by the way, not the bastard US pint)

Nice.
Yeah it was very nice there. We stayed in Mertyleford which was very nice and visited Bright (like all tourists) whuich was also nice.

Had some great beer from both places, I even got a real pint in Mertyleford!
(a UK pint by the way, not the bastard US pint)
I live just out from Swifts Creek.....on the other side of the mountain where Mertylford and Bright is...

Snow, ski resorts. I had no idea such things even existed in Australia. After watching The Road Warrior back in 1981 as an impressionable teenager, I just assumed it was all deserts and V-8 cars battling on the highways for gasoline.

Snow, ski resorts. I had no idea such things even existed in Australia. After watching The Road Warrior back in 1981 as an impressionable teenager, I just assumed it was all deserts and V-8 cars battling on the highways for gasoline.
Is anyone else puzzled that the crisis that precipitated societal collapse was the loss of of the Middle East oil fields yet the future is dominated by big blocks?

Just got this today. Glass is better than the PMII 5-25, having the illumination with the parallax dial is really nice also. My PMII 5-25’s got the same knobs but for some reason they feel better on the 6-36, specially the MTC, no MTC and lock lever.

Attachments

• IMG_6398.jpeg
    IMG_6398.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_6399.jpeg
    IMG_6399.jpeg
    878.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_6400.jpeg
    IMG_6400.jpeg
    685.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_6401.jpeg
    IMG_6401.jpeg
    596.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_6402.jpeg
    IMG_6402.jpeg
    658.3 KB · Views: 89
Looking at the ocular housing, maybe S&B should engrave the European models "High Performance" and the US models with the limited FOV "Less Performance." :ROFLMAO:

IMG_6398.jpeg

I still want to try one, and I'm sure it's a great scope... but it's really tough to get my wallet out knowing I'm spending $4k for a scope with a nerfed FOV for patent compliance, especially when the FOV difference between the European and US models isn't just a tiny difference. The apparent FOV on the European S&B 6-36 seems to be the largest on the market currently for the top tier scopes, even wider than some of the March scopes with the 25 degree wide angle eyepiece.

Also something I realized this week while crunching apparent FOV numbers, the specs for the new Tangent 7-35 indicate it has the same 21.66 degree apparent FOV that the 6-36 Schmidt does... perhaps Tangent got a nice cease and desist letter from Swarovski too, or their legal council advised them to stay under that magic 22 degree spec in the Swarovski patent to avoid such a letter. Based on that calculated apparent FOV I have a hunch Tangent is limiting the FOV on the 7-35 as well, but since they don't list multiple FOV specs like S&B chose to that question is up in the air unless Tangent could confirm in an email or phone call.

The previous generation, older design Tangent/Premier/Minox 5-25 actually has a larger apparent FOV than both the Tangent 7-35 and USA market Schmidt 6-36...

So far S&B appears to be the only manufacturer to have the guts (or foolishness?) to advertise 2 sets of FOV numbers and draw attention to themselves. I'm now wondering if ZCO and Tangent have a larger (>22 degree) FOV for non-USA models, but they choose not to advertise that so as not to draw negative attention from USA customers, or if they're only making the scopes in one configuration to simplify their production process.

Also, if any of the early purchasers of the S&B 6-36 with the gr2id reticle could take some through the scope pictures at various magnifications, I'd really appreciate it. I think I'd buy the gr2id instead of the P5FL, but it's hard to say without seeing some good pictures of both since I'll probably be buying without a chance to look through one first.

Last edited:
Also, if any of the early purchasers of the S&B 6-36 with the gr2id reticle could take some through the scope pictures at various magnifications, I'd really appreciate it.

I'll try to take some shortly - got dogs to feed....

I'll try to take some shortly - got dogs to feed....

Much appreciated!

The gr2id looks really cluttered on the S&B website and looks like it might obscure targets and splash, but I think that's because it's not rendered true to size in their reticle spec document. I'm hoping it's a lot more fine and open in reality looking through the scope.

30x with the witness mark between the 3 and 0.
IMG_4514.jpeg

36x
IMG_4515.jpeg

The previous generation, older design Tangent/Premier/Minox 5-25 actually has a larger apparent FOV than both the Tangent 7-35 and USA market Schmidt 6-36...
Yep, that’s what my math showed me. So that’s what I stuck with.

Reactions: BallisticPrimate
Much appreciated!

The gr2id looks really cluttered on the S&B website and looks like it might obscure targets and splash, but I think that's because it's not rendered true to size in their reticle spec document. I'm hoping it's a lot more fine and open in reality looking through the scope.

The gr2id is the least intrusive imo of all the main tree reticles.

I had theoe800 take these for me as SB hasn't posted a PDF of the gr2id in 636 yet and was curious how they scaled it for the 636.

Much appreciated!

I’ll take some as well tomorrow, it’s already dark here. But yes, like you mentioned, it is not true to size in their spec document. It doesn’t obscure targets and/or splash in my opinion. Bought this one after seeing one at a local range, that GR2ID reticle kinda disappears in the upper mid to lower settings 🤙🏻

Thanks for the pics.

It's more open than I thought, but I'm not a big fan of the vertical rows of dots at every mil of windage and the little dot in the middle of each grid.

Is it usable? Certainly. Is it my favorite? Not really... it's more cluttered than I would like. I would prefer something more like the Gen 3 XR, SCR2, EBR-7D, or Athlon APRS6.

It's better than a Tremor though. :ROFLMAO:

Maybe my opinion would change after spending some time behind one though.

Reactions: TheOE800
I run a lot of busy reticles on my semi-autos, but with the 6-36x I’m running this on a LR/ELR rig where I tend not to hold anywhere near as much. Now that I’ve had some time going from 600 - 2200 yards, I’m actually leaning towards the P5L now. When you’re mostly dialing and trying to get back on target after magnum recoil, a cleaner reticle has its advantages.

I run a lot of busy reticles on my semi-autos, but with the 6-36x I’m running this on a LR/ELR rig where I tend not to hold anywhere near as much. Now that I’ve had some time going from 600 - 2200 yards, I’m actually leaning towards the P5L now. When you’re mostly dialing and trying to get back on target after magnum recoil, a cleaner reticle has its advantages.
The P5L...is a really really good reticle....very practical, and very usable (y)

I really have grown to like the P5L since I saw it in person at EO. If I decide to buy this S&B scope, I would definitely buy the P5L.