• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Schmidt & Bender PM2 6-36x56

I actually LOVE this reticle...

It would have basically been a perfect simple reticle if they would have used the main stadia from the lrr. My biggest gripe with the msr2 which I love is you lose the .2 wind holds outside the first mil... Why?

I would rather have the msr2 or lrr offered

I like half mil hash-marks as it allows the reticle to be more open as I shoot small furry things that are the same color as the terrain.

However, I’m not trying to be provocative (looks like @Huskydriver has also posted as I type this), but I am just curious.

Many people hate 0.5 mil hashes on reticles. They’ve ragged endlessly upon the EBR-2c and TMR etc. They say prefer 0.2 mil hashes instead.

And then the P5L appears and lots of people come out of the woodwork to say they like it?

I like half mil hash-marks as it allows the reticle to be more open as I shoot small furry things that are the same color as the terrain.

However, I’m not trying to be provocative (looks like @Huskydriver has also posted as I type this), but I am just curious.

Many people hate 0.5 mil hashes on reticles. They’ve ragged endlessly upon the EBR-2c and TMR etc. They say prefer 0.2 mil hashes instead.

And then the P5L appears and lots of people come out of the woodwork to say they like it?
Over time i have had many tree based reticles...i also have the S&B with the Gri2d reticle. Since doing more and more ELR, i have come to appreciate a more "simple" but functional reticle.

Spotting misses at ELR distances is VERY VERY hard with the Gri2d for instance its sort of like looking through a flysceen door.....the P5L is so open , but has enough info on the reticle which makes it very easy to spot and correct.

Spotting misses at ELR distances is VERY VERY hard with the GR2ID
Yes, we agree. That’s why I like 1/2mil hash reticles. But I like tree reticles for wind holds, and the 0.2mil dots on the trees don’t seem to bug me too much.

Haven’t used the GR2ID, but with all that stuff above the main horizontal plus the additional verticals grid, yeah, probably too much for me. I use the upper part of the view in a scope for scanning for targets, so I would prefer almost nothing above the main horizontal like the MR4 ret.

I have one scope with the MIL-XT reticle, and the jury is out if that’s too busy for me. Lots of numbers all over and more dots, but I was curious.

Reactions: matt33

I guess the center section (first Mil in each direction) is dashed in such away you have. 2mil holds.

I could see why this reticle could be popular for ELR but having used the P4f in a few PRS/field type matches I wouldn't want the P5L reticle for that game.

I like what S&B did with the center... basically what March has with the FML-TR1. Clean aiming point, lots of space around it. That said, absolutely concur .2 mrad over .5 mrad. I have come to dislike the "hmm... well... I guess that particular part of this featureless line is about .2 mrad... might as well send it" technique.

Just for (useless) perspective: ordered this scope this week at my local dealer in Germany and they quoted me a December delivery date.

Our distributor/dealer EO has them in stock for now. I am really happy that we have a lot of choices at this price point.

Makes decision making tough

Reactions: RMS6
Better in Denmark, we can just go to a gunshop and buy a suppressor.
The dealer will register the sale with the police.
Only caveat is that you can only buy suppressors if you have a hunting permit.
We have our locally designed suppressors, costing 200$ including threading the barrel.
No paperwork at all.

oh, and we have unrestricted FOV 😘
In Norway suppressors are totally unrestricted, just like exhaust mufflers to cars.
However, I'm more afraid of the Green Party wanting catalytic converters in the suppressors to clean the exhaust gasses :cool:

Last edited:
Gri2d ...30x at 1200yds..

Attachments

• 1200yds-SB-gri2d.jpg
    1200yds-SB-gri2d.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 227
Hoping SB adds the lrr to the 636... Seriously makes 0 sense why they didn't

I contacted SuB a while back about reticle options, specifically asked about getting the LRR-mil or the new M1FL. They will not offer other reticles than GR2ID and P5FL, but, if demand increases they might.
So shoot them an email or talk to your dealer about it.

The GR2ID is a good reticle for its intended use, but with high magnification scope like this it gets a little busy above 20x

I contacted SuB a while back about reticle options, specifically asked about getting the LRR-mil or the new M1FL. They will not offer other reticles than GR2ID and P5FL, but, if demand increases they might.
So shoot them an email or talk to your dealer about it.

The GR2ID is a good reticle for its intended use, but with high magnification scope like this it gets a little busy above 20x
I agree not having the lrr in the 636 was dumb

I agree not having the lrr in the 636 was dumb
While I'm not a big fan of the LRR I also agree it should have been available in 6-36 (I am going to assume this reticle has not been a big seller for them???), but I also would like to see a Gen3 XR style reticle show up for Schmidt, they struggle with getting a usable tree reticle IMHO - GR2ID is too busy for some even though the dots are tiny, it's like a Horus "light" 😆 .

Reactions: clonebuilder
Possibly looking for more magnification than my ZCO and the shorter design has me considering this scope. Anyone own both to shed some light on the image comparison? I think even with the FOV discrepancy, the 2 scopes aren't far off from one another but where would you put the eye box and clarity between the 2? The ZCO is the most forgiving and comfortable scope image I have used to date. Never had an opportunity to play with a Tangent and honestly it's not an option.

Reactions: clonebuilder
I ran a ZCO 5-27 MP3X for about 18 months and swapped it for an S&B 6-36x GRI2D. You can scroll up a ways and see where I did a comparison, but the short of it is that they are very comparable in optical quality, I prefer the DT II+ turrets, and my main issues with the ZCO were personal (my eyes just struggled with it, while others using it didn't have issues). The 6-36x ended up fitting my eyes a LOT better.

Interesting how our eyes see things differently. The only image I can say that tops the ZCO for me was a buddies 4-16 Hensoldt. The ZCO is close but not quite there. I almost didn't feel like I was looking through a scope at all, the image edge to edge is not like you're looking through a tube at all and the glass was just stupid clear. Have yet to experience another scope like it.

At this point the 6-36 range is very enticing but I don't want to go backwards in image quality to gain some magnification, especially giving up a little elevation adjustment. I like the DT II + turret as the .05 mil turret seems busy and I've never had a need for adjustments finer than .1 mil.

Hey look more reasons to tear out hair.

😹😹😹

Three thousand million billion zillion people will have different views on optics in the top 3 and the only option in most cases is to buy sight unseen

Reactions: nick338
Right but you have the non-neutered version🥲😔
Neutered USA version may be even better, same optical formula but with a field stop that cuts out twenty some odd percent of the FOV, so if Au version is that good edge to edge the USA version may even be better as most scopes tend to struggle with sharpness at the outer periphery.

Neutered USA version may be even better, same optical formula but with a field stop that cuts out twenty some odd percent of the FOV, so if Au version is that good edge to edge the USA version may even be better as most scopes tend to struggle with sharpness at the outer periphery.
Stop making my decision harder☹️☹️☹️😭😭😭😭

At this point the 6-36 range is very enticing but I don't want to go backwards in image quality to gain some magnification, especially giving up a little elevation adjustment.
In lieu of early reports on the Schmidt 6-36 and my own experience with the Razor 6-36 I would say these newer 6x designs hold up surprisingly well compared to the previous 5x design. I do not think they are a step back in IQ but in fact a step forward. At some point I will get my hands on the Schmidt but until then I have no reason to doubt the very credible sources Ive communicated with about this scope and unless they have all really messed up the configuration of their TT’s and ZCO’s it certainly appears the Schmidt is holding its own, if not surpassing, these alpha class juggernauts.

But does the field stop cause you to see more of the black ring around the image and give the impression of tunneling?

Hoping SB adds the lrr to the 636... Seriously makes 0 sense why they didn't
It might have to do with the way the illumination is designed.
I know that they can't swap reticles if you have the LRR, or if you want to get the LRR because the illumination is daylight bright, unlike their other reticles.

It might have to do with the way the illumination is designed.
I know that they can't swap reticles if you have the LRR, or if you want to get the LRR because the illumination is daylight bright, unlike their other reticles.
LRR reticle is ultra thin, so it relies on illumination for visibility. Illumination on it is diffractive to make thin lines look brightly lit, so it is a different type of a reticle cell.

ILya

Last edited:
It is odd that it appears to only be the 636 with lowered pricing... wtf would you pay more for a 525 with older style turrets lol.... I swear SB has some marketing intern from Clark county community college running their pricing strategy

It is odd that it appears to only be the 636 with lowered pricing... wtf would you pay more for a 525 with older style turrets lol.... I swear SB has some marketing intern from Clark county community college running their pricing strategy
i think they dropped the price on the 5-25s too.

Is there a definitive answer yet on whether the new ones tunnel?

i think they dropped the price on the 5-25s too.

Is there a definitive answer yet on whether the new ones tunnel?

They do... it was discussed in a thread on the hide somewhere this year from a guy who had one.

I just glanced at all the 525s most are still 4k or above. There are some below 4 tho

Wonder if they'll stay at that price? Or if its just a sale because they aren't moving like they hoped.

Reactions: Huskydriver