• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Seekins SP10 is a keeper

spooledup

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2007
Marion NC
I loaded up 17 rounds to try out in the 6.5 SP10 @100yd. Put them all in the mag and shot 14 myself and my buddy shot the last 3 in the middle. I’d say she shoots good. To bad I only have 83 of the 140bthp left... and then onto trying the 140 Amax stash. This was rounds 21-37 on the new rifle.
Load:
Hornady 140 BTHP
41.5 H4350
Fed 210
Once fired Win brass
Loaded to 2.800

Rifle:
Factory SP10
6.5 Creedmoor
Seekins MXM 20moa mount
Razor 3-18 Mil/Mil
Omega direct thread
Sawtooth ARCA rail
Cal Bipod
Ergo vertical grip

Attachments

• 2630A0EA-51EE-4D76-B821-9F0463F33C88.jpeg
    2630A0EA-51EE-4D76-B821-9F0463F33C88.jpeg
    455.4 KB · Views: 597
  • 7AF369AA-BCCB-46CB-BB8D-D9F277A9FF36.jpeg
    7AF369AA-BCCB-46CB-BB8D-D9F277A9FF36.jpeg
    383.2 KB · Views: 2,108
Last edited:
I ordered an SP10 direct from Seekins and still waiting on mine to be ready. Did you order direct from Seekins and if so when? Great looking rifle and looks to be a shooter.

Congrats,
Chris

I ordered an SP10 direct from Seekins and still waiting on mine to be ready. Did you order direct from Seekins and if so when? Great looking rifle and looks to be a shooter.

Congrats,
Chris
When did you order yours? I am going on 13-14 weeks i think.

Crap! I’m only 7 weeks in. I ordered a 6 Creed in distressed ODG. Was told to expect 8 weeks. Been scope shopping this evening.

Crap! I’m only 7 weeks in. I ordered a 6 Creed in distressed ODG. Was told to expect 8 weeks. Been scope shopping this evening.
Lol I have everything sitting in the boxes waiting for this. When i called they told me they got some bad receivers that were out of spec and could not use. Im a little frustrated as i was quoted at 8 weeks and here we are.

Mine was ordered on 5-2-20. They have been slammed, bad receivers and when I spoke with them there was a bottleneck at their paint dept. It’s aggravating to wait longer than expected but it’s also nice to know the finished product will be spot on.

Reactions: Texascbr
Ya I hear ya, if I was that angry/ worried I would have cancelled the order. But I got faith that this thing is worth it!

Reactions: RickyRodney
Does anyone know how well this gun runs suppressed? I have an omega 300 I want to put on it?

It’s still early but mine runs good suppressed. I plan on running it with the omega 100% of the time and the gas block was adjusted for this setup. I know Bryan Morgan runs them suppressed a lot. It’s been quite a while since I have been this impressed with a rifle.

God this makes me more and more pumped! I ordered mine in the tan distressed color

I have a 6.5 SP-10 and once I finally get my TBAC Ultra 9 I am only going to run it suppressed. Lots of folks do and Ray at TBAC has videos on YouTube showing their suppressors on SP-10’s.

I like my omega 300, I just know they have a lot of back pressure. I use it on my LMT MWS, and it has issues sometimes. But I know TBAC has amazing cans.

Two things I did that aren’t needed but I think could help are I am using a JP SCS with the H2 buffer and I changed out the charging handle to a Radian Raptor SD. Hopefully that smooths out the action and keeps the back pressure grass away from my face.

Just put rounds 81-100 on the SP10 and I’m still happy with it. Four 5 shot groups with two of the groups being fired with a magnetospeed mounted on the can.

Attachments

• ED3B758E-026C-445D-84A3-6DAB6E815780.jpeg
    ED3B758E-026C-445D-84A3-6DAB6E815780.jpeg
    442.8 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: TheChief
I’m an ffl and orderEd one In 6 Creedmoor for a buddy if mine in the case he should “ever need it”, and to do some coyote hunting. They had a couple and I couldn’t resist one for myself as well. Took it out to zero and shot three three-shot groups wearing a Rugged Surge 762. Bipod and rear bag, mag fed, 108 Hornady factory ammo. Did not adjust the gas block. No gas in the face, no signs of over gassing.

0E6FBF96-E3AE-4752-AC05-966CA2EAFE66.png

EFDCD7CF-3386-4FE3-A432-635B2FE58FF0.png

952A5978-96E5-4F97-9E18-30C5FAFE1F88.png

SP10 is the real deal. More accurate for me than the GAP10 I bought years ago.

Reactions: Bakwa
God seeing all these photos and posts of how great these rifles are is such a tease! I am so excited to get mine in and get to the range with it!

what ammo are you using?

Scrump, I am reloading for it. To be honest I actually just tried my bolt gun charge of 41.5 H4350 in once fired Hornady brass and it seems to be working. I loaded some Hornady 140 BTHPs and some 140 Amax just shy of mag length 2.800. It seems to like them both pretty well. I just loaded some more of the 140 Amax bullets at 41.8 just to see if it tightens up anymore. To me the big gassers will tell on ya if you’re relaxing your fundamentals.

Reactions: scrumpdeleos
Sadly i dont have the space to reload. I am hoping to be able to start doing so in about a year or two.

SP10 is the real deal. More accurate for me than the GAP10 I bought years ago.
Which is funny, because doesn't GAP just pretty much use Seekins parts with a Bartlein barrel?

Which is funny, because doesn't GAP just pretty much use Seekins parts with a Bartlein barrel?

Mine was when they were using POF parts but yes you’re correct. Glen uses Rock Creek barrels on his.

Reactions: Bakwa
Mine was when they were using POF parts but yes you’re correct. Glen uses Rock Creek barrels on his.
You know I hadn't even heard of Rock Creek until a few years ago when I picked up a M24 with one on it. That rifle was the best shooting rifle I've had to date.
[Should never have sold it.]
Now every time I talk to someone about a rifle with a RC, it always seems to shoot exceptionally. RC is quickly becoming grouped with Krieger and Bartlein in my mind as of late.

You know I hadn't even heard of Rock Creek until a few years ago when I picked up a M24 with one on it. That rifle was the best shooting rifle I've had to date.
[Should never have sold it.]
Now every time I talk to someone about a rifle with a RC, it always seems to shoot exceptionally. RC is quickly becoming grouped with Krieger and Bartlein in my mind as of late.

They have been around for quite a while and have always been excellent. I prefer them over Bartlein personally. Even Stevens with Kreiger.

I put rounds 101-120 on the SP10 today. Group therapy is over and now it’s time to load the rest of the Amax’s up. Two of the groups were shot with the magnetospeed attached and two without.
Winning load:
140 Amax
41.5 H4350
Fed 210
Once or twice fired Hornady brass
2.800 OAL
Light taper crimp
Running a Omega 100% of the time direct thread.

It’s running around 2615 FPS with a SD of 9.0 10 shot average. No cleaning whatsoever has been done on the rifle and no issues to report.

Attachments

• 975B7D0E-9585-4148-87C6-2461566DB2EE.jpeg
    975B7D0E-9585-4148-87C6-2461566DB2EE.jpeg
    593.3 KB · Views: 128
  • BE61EB21-123B-4F90-BA1C-EA7B5CD363F2.jpeg
    BE61EB21-123B-4F90-BA1C-EA7B5CD363F2.jpeg
    950.1 KB · Views: 101
Not that many people out there who can shoot large frame gas guns that consistently. Nice work

Reactions: spooledup
when shooting suppressed direct thread do you need to constantly feel the need to check your can and make sure its not backing off?

Last edited:
when shooting suppressed direct thread do you need to constantly feel the need to check your can and make sure its not backing off?

No not really. I twist it on tight and check it at the end of a session. It’s also a 30 cal can so there is some room to spare if it did get a touch loose.

Not that many people out there who can shoot large frame gas guns that consistently. Nice work

Thanks Qazwsx but I just got lucky!

I'm a JP junky, but my brother purchased an SP-10 in 6.5CM. He has run a bunch of the Hornady American Gunner 140gr through it with outstanding results. I was super impressed with how well that ammo shot. In fact, that has shot so well, he hasn't even shot any of the Hornady "Match" through it yet.

He doesn't reload, but I told him once we find a load for it, it will likely be as accurate as my LRP-07 is, and that's no bullshit. Glen is making some fantastic hardware. And he's representing the best fucking state in the union!

I'm a JP junky, but my brother purchased an SP-10 in 6.5CM. He has run a bunch of the Hornady American Gunner 140gr through it with outstanding results. I was super impressed with how well that ammo shot. In fact, that has shot so well, he hasn't even shot any of the Hornady "Match" through it yet.

He doesn't reload, but I told him once we find a load for it, it will likely be as accurate as my LRP-07 is, and that's no bullshit. Glen is making some fantastic hardware. And he's representing the best fucking state in the union!

Do you have an LRI-20? I wonder how that stacks up against the SP-10? I have a SP-10 chassis sitting around but wondering if I should still get an LRI-20

Last edited:
@RickyRodney sorry bro, but I just have the LRP 07. For the record, I will re-state the fact that I am a "JP junky." Getting that out of the way, and if I am being 100% honest, if JP is an option, it's also the answer.

I say that not wanting to take a damn thing away from Seekins, though. If you have the cash and are considering a JP, get it. Once you get it, you will know why you got it. Will the JP "out shoot" the Seekins? Maybe. If it does, it won't be by much. When you purchase a JP, you are purchasing a system. A system developed specifically to dampen the recoil impulses of higher-pressured rounds. A system designed to allow heat to dissipate out of the barrel more rapidly; barrels custom-contoured to allow for this to occur. You get the side-charging upper and an action that I always describe as being on ball bearings and lubed with the tears of angels and baby snot.

The Seekins is great because you get amazing performance and don't have to pay that premium price that JP's command. For the LRI price, you can get the Seekins and a pretty decent optic too.

I am good friends with @bigjake83 and respect his opinion tremendously. He really likes the SP-10, and it's for damn good reason. If I had a Seekins and went up against my LRP, I would not feel under-gunned, if that makes sense.

At this point I'm just rambling, so I'll shut the hell up. There's not many on here that are typing about the LRI's. You should change that ;)

After keeping track of this thread and reading some other places, I think I will place an order for FDE 6.5 creed SP-10. Looks like it's hard to go wrong with it. I was planning on the seekins receivers with craddock bartlein, but it looks like the rock creek barrels are shooters too! Plus it would be assembled when it arrives. I first thought of SCAR 20 6.5 but they cost alot and won't be as accurate.

After keeping track of this thread and reading some other places, I think I will place an order for FDE 6.5 creed SP-10. Looks like it's hard to go wrong with it. I was planning on the seekins receivers with craddock bartlein, but it looks like the rock creek barrels are shooters too! Plus it would be assembled when it arrives. I first thought of SCAR 20 6.5 but they cost alot and won't be as accurate.
Welp jump in line and be ready to wait a few months, I still have not received mine. Hoping to get mine by the end of the month.

Hey just to give a heads up i got a bank notification that Seekins had charged my card, within 15 minutes i got an email from FEDEX saying my rifle has shipped and will be at my FFL Friday! Cant wait to get this! I will provide pics and updates of the gun.

Hey just to give a heads up i got a bank notification that Seekins had charged my card, within 15 minutes i got an email from FEDEX saying my rifle has shipped and will be at my FFL Friday! Cant wait to get this! I will provide pics and updates of the gun.

Keep up posted on how she behaves when you take her out.

FYI

I had a Conversation with Harley @ Seekins the other day. My SP10 was in for warranty work. He was saying that the 6.5 SP10 should only be running 140 grain or higher. anything less, there is not enough to cycle the BCG consistently and you will have to end up messing with the gas block. He also said that the 140 grain American gunner work really well along with Match. We also talked about reloads having issues. He was saying that they have had several sp10 6.5 come back because guys are loading according to the book and end up not being able to cycle them very well.

That’s interesting. Mine shoots the heavies pretty well. In the .6’s. The 120 eld’s shoot better than that by a good margin and cycle fine. Very pleased with the results.

Reactions: mkris101
When did you order?

FYI

I had a Conversation with Harley @ Seekins the other day. My SP10 was in for warranty work. He was saying that the 6.5 SP10 should only be running 140 grain or higher. anything less, there is not enough to cycle the BCG consistently and you will have to end up messing with the gas block. He also said that the 140 grain American gunner work really well along with Match. We also talked about reloads having issues. He was saying that they have had several sp10 6.5 come back because guys are loading according to the book and end up not being able to cycle them very well.
Wow, I wish they had told me that! I have an SP10 in 6.5 and it shoots lights out, I recommended it to a friend, he bought one, and it had to go back due to FTE, FTF issues. It went back, they worked on it, and sent it back to me saying it was an extractor issue, now fixed, all good. I wish they had mentioned the ammo bias issue.

And if anyone needs an SP10 in 6.5, I have one fresh back from Seekins, still sealed in the box, they say it runs like a top now. The friend lost faith in the gun, so now wants to sell it.

Reactions: TheChief
Wow, I wish they had told me that! I have an SP10 in 6.5 and it shoots lights out, I recommended it to a friend, he bought one, and it had to go back due to FTE, FTF issues. It went back, they worked on it, and sent it back to me saying it was an extractor issue, now fixed, all good. I wish they had mentioned the ammo bias issue.

And if anyone needs an SP10 in 6.5, I have one fresh back from Seekins, still sealed in the box, they say it runs like a top now. The friend lost faith in the gun, so now wants to sell it.

Send me a PM let me know how much.

Does anyone know how well this gun runs suppressed? I have an omega 300 I want to put on it?
3rds on IPSC at 550.
Seekins SP10 - 7.62 and Omega300

I think the SP10s are the best and most consistent large frame ARs in production by anybody.

./