• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Sig CROSS

Brake is 264 on a 6.5 and brake was only hand tightened and self timed
Maybe a random question, but is it squared up properly on the shoulder?

SIG threaded and tapered it to work with its line of muzzle devices and suppressors. It also features a tapered shoulder adapter for those using direct thread cans.

Everything else seems OK. but just thinking process of elimination.

Try another muzzle brake, I’ve had brakes open my groups on other guns.

I’ll try some more brakes this week really like the pva lightweight kept the weight down and reduced recoil by at least 50 percent but it really affects accuracy on my gun. Thinking about trying the q cherry bomb want to keep it light as I intend to use the gun for mainly hunting

Happy 6.5 day. I just received my cross.
Has anyone had issues loading the hand guard with weight? Worried adding too much weight will put too much pressure on the barrel extension. For the wondering minds, I’m trying to add as much weight as possible to shoot it at local matches.

Attachments

• 85B1031E-A61D-46A0-B97C-404338EFD9F0.jpeg
    85B1031E-A61D-46A0-B97C-404338EFD9F0.jpeg
    449.1 KB · Views: 2,299
Happy 6.5 day. I just received my cross.
Has anyone had issues loading the hand guard with weight? Worried adding too much weight will put too much pressure on the barrel extension. For the wondering minds, I’m trying to add as much weight as possible to shoot it at local matches.
See post #1351, the conclusion is the hand guard attaches to the receiver, page 86 shows the assembly. So the weight should not be on the barrel extension.

A couple of pounds on the hand guard shouldn’t be an issue. I don’t think I would add ten pounds. If you have the weights farther back, be careful that the screws don’t contact the barrel taper.

Reactions: Drhorsepower
Nice setup...(y)

How would your rate the rifle in this configuration?

Is there any way to add an aftermarket bag rider?

See post #1351, the conclusion is the hand guard attaches to the receiver, page 86 shows the assembly. So the weight should not be on the barrel extension.

A couple of pounds on the hand guard shouldn’t be an issue. I don’t think I would add ten pounds. If you have the weights farther back, be careful that the screws don’t contact the barrel taper.
I don’t know how I missed that post. Thanks!

Nice setup...(y)

How would your rate the rifle in this configuration?

Is there any way to add an aftermarket bag rider?
I just picked it up, so it is unfired. Therefore I couldn’t tell you. I’m going to load some ammo today for it though.

as far as bag rider I haven’t been able to find any aftermarket parts yet. That would be really nice to add weight to the rear.

Reactions: ma smith
Keep us posted on your progress. The Cross's stock bag rider is thin (for packability), and IMHO if it could be made wider (for increased stability), that would be a good option for a setup like this...and then also as you mention if modular you also would have options for mor weight/balance tweaks etc.

Keep us posted on your progress. The Cross's stock bag rider is thin (for packability), and IMHO if it could be made wider (for increased stability), that would be a good option for a setup like this...and then also as you mention if modular you also would have options for mor weight/balance tweaks etc.
On the bag rider, they do make some that can attach to a picatinny rail. Accu-shot makes a picatinny mount for the cross butt stock. The link shows a bag rider that connects to picatinny.

Bag Rider

Reactions: ma smith
FYI, a MLOK pic rail bolts right up if you take stock bag rider off.

Attachments

• B1896774-F870-4CB2-B82F-A54B2DB36FCB.jpeg
    B1896774-F870-4CB2-B82F-A54B2DB36FCB.jpeg
    590.8 KB · Views: 370
Reactions: huntnh
It may be buried in the pages, anyone making a bore guide specifically for the Cross?

Has anybody put a muzzle brake on there cross yet? Today I tried a pva jet last and the accuracy went to shit from 3/8 to 1.5 at 100yds. Tried taking it off went right back to shooting 3/8. Checked the brake to make sure the bullets weren’t making contact with it and there not. Anybody Elise having this problem?
I went with a MBM beast II. 4 port just to add weight.

Attachments

• F16734F5-0824-4A96-981C-05759FAF8C4F.jpeg
    F16734F5-0824-4A96-981C-05759FAF8C4F.jpeg
    341.2 KB · Views: 160
First day out with the cross. Excited to be shooting more groups like this!
I also did a ladder test with hornady match 140 bthp.

Attachments

• B989DC41-55DF-4E9C-ABA0-11519FE1CA73.jpeg
    B989DC41-55DF-4E9C-ABA0-11519FE1CA73.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 223
  • 7B90412F-F446-4C2A-9215-F21DB153C53F.png
    7B90412F-F446-4C2A-9215-F21DB153C53F.png
    935.8 KB · Views: 226
Picked up a 308 a week ago and finally got to shoot it. Awesome fps for a 308 in 16 inches.
The fps increase between charges of IMR 4064 starting at 44 and going through 45.5 showed consistent increases despite 92 degree weather. No jumps in fps or other signs of pressure.
I got a 178 BTHP going 2665 for a 5 shot average with an SD of 11 and an ES of 23.
Of course recoil is manageable and the trigger is better than a lot out there, yet still behind the likes of Trigger Tech a little.
130 Barnes SOST ammo got me to 3035 fps for a 5 shot average.
This is my new everything rifle and I can wait for Sig to offer up some more parts and barrel options...and the Fury!
IMG_20210617_145506_083.jpg

@Drhorsepower did you shoot that group with the brake on? I’m still trying to figure out why mine shoots great without the brake. It would definitely be nice to find one that doesn’t destroy my accuracy I’m still pretty puzzled

@Drhorsepower did you shoot that group with the brake on? I’m still trying to figure out why mine shoots great without the brake. It would definitely be nice to find one that doesn’t destroy my accuracy I’m still pretty puzzled
Yes sir, I did.
Do you have another brake to throw on? Worth a shot.

Despite everything and everyone around me influencing my upbringing to be a bolt gun guy, I am not. I was raised on bolt guns growing up, in my initial formal LR training, and from competitive shooters before the advent of the past few trends in LR.

I’m still a dirty, filthy, internal gas expansion-loving self-loader to my core.

I pawed over one of these at a local Cabella’s and didn’t want to let go of it. They did a fantastic job when designing this rifle. The stock adjustability for a factory stick is simply brilliant.

I’ve been on a buying frenzy lately, and it was all I could do to give it back to the clerk. I was already buying another rifle, waiting for them to go get the box in the back. I’ve been thinking about it ever since.

How is everyone liking them?

Despite everything and everyone around me influencing my upbringing to be a bolt gun guy, I am not. I was raised on bolt guns growing up, in my initial formal LR training, and from competitive shooters before the advent of the past few trends in LR.

I’m still a dirty, filthy, internal gas expansion-loving self-loader to my core.

I pawed over one of these at a local Cabella’s and didn’t want to let go of it. They did a fantastic job when designing this rifle. The stock adjustability for a factory stick is simply brilliant.

I’ve been on a buying frenzy lately, and it was all I could do to give it back to the clerk. I was already buying another rifle, waiting for them to go get the box in the back. I’ve been thinking about it ever since.

How is everyone liking them?
If I didn’t have sentimental ties to some of my other rifles, this would be the last bolt gun I sell. Accurate, compact, versatile. Just a great package. I would like to have a couple barrels in different cals, and more bolt faces for mag and .223.

Few quick picks, did the sight in and Sig recommended break in(yeah, yeah) Only shot some SB 140 FMJ, actually squeaked out a 5 shot 1" group with that mess and some old 120 amax load was .75. I just loaded some Hornady 140 BTHP with Staball, will see when I can. Not sure if the follower is a Cross specific one or a new feature overall with the Magpul AICS mags? No feed issue with either or the actual AI metal ones. Scope is a NF SHV 3.5-10, didn't want too much weight on it and it's the best I could think of. I am glad I went with the Leupold AR mount as it places the scope at the right height for me. No cycling issues, all feed, fired and ejected 100%.

Mark

After around a years wait, finally got mine...it’ll be my primary whitetail rifle.

Used my Cabelas points for the rifle itself, so that cost me almost nothing out of pocket.

18” Sig Cross in 6.5 Creedmoor
SLR carbon fiber rail panels
Smoke Composites carbon fiber grip
Atlas BT46-LW17 bipod
FCD msq-h sling mount
Ferro concepts multicam black slingster
No quarter tactical sling silencer
Dead air brake
Dead Air Sandman K (will probably run the S most of the time)
Spuhr SR-3000 rings
Swarovski z8i 2.3-18x56 scope
Swarovski ballistic turret flex

I’m going to see how the factory barrel shoots before pulling the trigger on a 16” Bartlein/Tooley barrel, although another 2” lopped off the OAL would sure be nice for tree stand hunting. Cerakote is the last thing to figure out, considering going with an old school m81 woodland camo scheme.

AFF364B1-4DAF-4617-9552-18FF8637FFFB.jpeg

Few quick picks, did the sight in and Sig recommended break in(yeah, yeah) Only shot some SB 140 FMJ, actually squeaked out a 5 shot 1" group with that mess and some old 120 amax load was .75. I just loaded some Hornady 140 BTHP with Staball, will see when I can. Not sure if the follower is a Cross specific one or a new feature overall with the Magpul AICS mags? No feed issue with either or the actual AI metal ones. Scope is a NF SHV 3.5-10, didn't want too much weight on it and it's the best I could think of. I am glad I went with the Leupold AR mount as it places the scope at the right height for me. No cycling issues, all feed, fired and ejected 100%.

Mark

I wish I can find the followers. The only issue I have is single feeding the rifle.

@Tyler Kemp could you print some improved followers for the Sig Cross that would work in the pmags or AICS metal mags?

I can do this. I'm gonna need dummy rounds, photos/videos of your current feeding problems, and a mag at minimum.

Optimally one of you guys sends me a gun and some dummy rounds. I will fondle her gently.

Reactions: TriggerTX
Does anyone run an area 419 arca rail on the cross? The screws are slightly long and I noticed marks on the barrel affecting accuracy. I believe the floating barrel is flexing quite a bit and hitting the arca rail screws attaching the rail to the mlok hand guard.

Got to handle one finally at a Cabelas and I think I need to find 1500 bucks somehow .
Really liked how it felt and the action was as smooth as my tikka.

Does anyone run an area 419 arca rail on the cross? The screws are slightly long and I noticed marks on the barrel affecting accuracy. I believe the floating barrel is flexing quite a bit and hitting the arca rail screws attaching the rail to the mlok hand guard.
I run a MDT rail that isn’t full length, so it stops before the barrel increases in diameter at the chamber. The brand doesn’t matter, you cannot have any attachment screws touching the barrel. So either shorten the screws or buy a smaller rail so there is some clearance.

I run a MDT rail that isn’t full length, so it stops before the barrel increases in diameter at the chamber. The brand doesn’t matter, you cannot have any attachment screws touching the barrel. So either shorten the screws or buy a smaller rail so there is some clearance.
Thanks. I was afraid I would have to pony up for a shorter rail. Shorter screw may work but may not have enough threads to hold Will try it.

Thanks. I was afraid I would have to pony up for a shorter rail. Shorter screw may work but may not have enough threads to hold Will try it.

If you do decide to grab a shorter rail, we have some very affordable, well-made, lightweight MLOK to Arca rails that include real Magpul nuts, US-made Torx-Plus hardware, and our parts actually comply with the Magpul MLok spec. They're usually available on Amazon but we just got a large shipment in of the short ones in black and tan that are in assembly and will be shipping later this week.

Has anyone done any cerakote to their Cross? Thinking of doing a sniper grey/OD green combo.
I have pulled mine apart and painted it, It was very simple to do. I just wanted it to have some color and give me an idea for what I wanted to do with it as far as cerakoteing goes.

IMG_7622.jpg

If you do decide to grab a shorter rail, we have some very affordable, well-made, lightweight MLOK to Arca rails that include real Magpul nuts, US-made Torx-Plus hardware, and our parts actually comply with the Magpul MLok spec. They're usually available on Amazon but we just got a large shipment in of the short ones in black and tan that are in assembly and will be shipping later this week.

Thanks. Much more economical I just paid 100 bucks for this area 419 rail. 😞

Since no one that I am aware of currently makes an aftermarket bag rider for this rifle. I decided to model up a prototype in solidworks and 3D print one. It bolted right up using the stock screws and worked flawless. Clearance for the screw heads was a bit tight with my printer but not bad. Might make a few small tweaks in the near future, but its made form standard PLA and is very light if thats a concern. Very sold with full infill in the print. If anyone would like the .STL file to print on their own I would be happy to send.

A5A7A4B5-DFFB-4293-9643-B036D1817D56.jpeg

CB93399C-4D00-4DAB-B61B-E0A96F7064F2.jpeg

5AB72865-CAA0-4946-A9F5-F0A5738C3AA5.jpeg

358DBC84-0D86-4DB0-B14A-E7CDFD17FEB1.jpeg

E884C50C-85F2-464D-B04A-0153803511A7.jpeg

0CCFC5A6-F04E-419F-AB01-9CA4CDCA26B7.jpeg

A8247283-63A3-4696-AAAE-DB574737CBA0.jpeg

Since no one that I am aware of currently makes an aftermarket bag rider for this rifle. I decided to model up a prototype in solidworks and 3D print one. It bolted right up using the stock screws and worked flawless. Clearance for the screw heads was a bit tight with my printer but not bad. Might make a few small tweaks in the near future, but its made form standard PLA and is very light if thats a concern. Very sold with full infill in the print. If anyone would like the .STL file to print on their own I would be happy to send.

View attachment 7656445
View attachment 7656446
View attachment 7656447
View attachment 7656448
View attachment 7656452
View attachment 7656453
View attachment 7656456
Nice. I would like one.

Thanks. Much more economical I just paid 100 bucks for this area 419 rail. 😞

I own a lot of their stuff and it's very good. They have the luxury of having the engineering and machining capacity to make high-quality gear for (often times) niche applications / projects that we just don't have the bandwidth to to take on. And of course when the market is smaller, the price goes up.

Their ArcaLock stuff is really clever and addresses a problem that is hard to deal with. When you start mixing generic camera ballheads with various ARCA rails and adapters, it's not hard to have a combination of issues where stuff starts sliding, and their notched / detent system addresses that really elegantly.

It's kind of a strange predicament that the precision rifle market even got stuck with ARCA in the first place; granted I understand that we were trying to stick rifles on photography equipment to address positional challenges. It just is odd that we (still) use ARCA when we already had Picatinny on a lot of our AR15 rails and bolt gun forends, with integrated recoil lugs; I would have guessed that market would have reacted with a ballhead that took Picatinny (prior to the Anvil) and then adapted our spotters / binos / tactical tables to Picatinny instead of converting all our rifles and bipods to ARCA.

Reactions: gconnoyer
Has anyone else borescoped their barrel? Mine is kind of scary at the muzzle.

It's a 6.5 and shoots riight at 1 MOA with Prime, which is usually a 1/2 MOA load in other guns for me. Bigger issue I've noticed is that it pulls about 2 MOA high when it gets hot.

WIN_20210628_10_13_22_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210628_10_13_38_Pro.jpg

Has anyone else borescoped their barrel? Mine is kind of scary at the muzzle.

It's a 6.5 and shoots riight at 1 MOA with Prime, which is usually a 1/2 MOA load in other guns for me. Bigger issue I've noticed is that it pulls about 2 MOA high when it gets hot.
That kinda looks like a Friday afternoon barrel.

I own a lot of their stuff and it's very good. They have the luxury of having the engineering and machining capacity to make high-quality gear for (often times) niche applications / projects that we just don't have the bandwidth to to take on. And of course when the market is smaller, the price goes up.

Their ArcaLock stuff is really clever and addresses a problem that is hard to deal with. When you start mixing generic camera ballheads with various ARCA rails and adapters, it's not hard to have a combination of issues where stuff starts sliding, and their notched / detent system addresses that really elegantly.

It's kind of a strange predicament that the precision rifle market even got stuck with ARCA in the first place; granted I understand that we were trying to stick rifles on photography equipment to address positional challenges. It just is odd that we (still) use ARCA when we already had Picatinny on a lot of our AR15 rails and bolt gun forends, with integrated recoil lugs; I would have guessed that market would have reacted with a ballhead that took Picatinny (prior to the Anvil) and then adapted our spotters / binos / tactical tables to Picatinny instead of converting all our rifles and bipods to ARCA.
RRS I think took that into account with their SOAR line. All the clamps are designed to work with both Picatinny and ARCA rails. ARCA is obviously wider and gives you the ability to quickly reposition by sliding versus unclamping and having to reposition in a different slot.

Reactions: Stoweit
@Zuzudaddy I'd like the bag rider .stl if you don't mind, I find myself shooting this rifle the most of any of mine lately.

My hunting scope was suffering some mirage issues in the heat so I finally decided to move the Razor AMG over to my Cross for a while. I'm still happy with the rifle, I can't find any more Gold Dots, but did check some 129gr Interlock and 130gr TGK hunting loads at 200, here are the three that passed muster:

IMG_20210628_080727353_HDR~01.jpg

I need some more StaBall to hit the market because I'm down to a pound and a half, and more bullet options seem to slowly be showing up in stock.

Reactions: Ed123hawaii
RRS I think took that into account with their SOAR line. All the clamps are designed to work with both Picatinny and ARCA rails. ARCA is obviously wider and gives you the ability to quickly reposition by sliding versus unclamping and having to reposition in a different slot.

Right, I understand. They even have a very thorough patent on how they accomplish the nested Picatinny / ARCA clamp design that is very well written.

In my mind, I would have thought that ARCA would be avoided entirely if the first rifle / tripod integration had been focused on Picatinny instead of ARCA or Manfrotto; our friends at Arisaka Defense had a pretty clever Harris bipod adapter for Picatinny that used a spring loaded recoil lug. You could just pull down on the lever that cleared the recoil lug from between the slots, and then slide along the rail as needed:

ARI.230-2__38172.1602711784.jpg

I think if the market had started out like this, ARCA would not exist in the firearms world, but here we are :cool:

Reactions: Stoweit