• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Sig CROSS

My son and I designed a follower for the cross. I couldn’t stomach the extra cost of the Magpul mag from sig for the extra cost. Now, I have converted some other mags so I can single feed if I have to.

Attachments

• 2D2FC139-0DCA-4584-8D33-92A8C9BB9D6E.jpeg
    2D2FC139-0DCA-4584-8D33-92A8C9BB9D6E.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 177
My son and I designed a follower for the cross. I couldn’t stomach the extra cost of the Magpul mag from sig for the extra cost. Now, I have converted some other mags so I can single feed if I have to.
Would you be willing to share the .STL file? I'm going to start printing my own carbon fiber mags at some point this spring.

Hello BELLYCRAWL
I have the same issue with my Sig Cross after zero @ 100 YRD
I only have 4.5 mil left windage usable
8 mill right windage usable almost complete turn of the turret
Using 34 mm scope Burris XTR ii
The same scope I removed from Ruger Precision Rifle was almost center for windage value L and R.
I send email to Sig and back and forth on the emails they want me to send it back but I am still against that.
Just to help you try this might work might not
Normally when we mount scope ring we always butt them FWD against the slots on the rail to prevent recoil moving the scope when all tightened up
Try to split the distance between the rail slots and have the rings cross pin or screw in the middle between 2 rail slots and see if you gain anything
Please all of you experts don’t hold that against me if I miss explained just trying to help based on a case I run to in the past
I run to a case on a different rifle and it worked perfect that rifle was very low recoil. Did not care much about replacing the rails Becuse it was not machined correct center
Regards
Still hoping in this rifle…

In an attempt to have a light weight hunting rig, I chose to purchase a “lighter” weight scope with significant windage adj availability. The choice I made was a PA GLX with the ACSS/6.5 CM reticle. It is 23.5 oz and has 25 mils of windage.

After mounting up and zeroing, it has 4 mils left and 21 mils right in a pair of Seekins rings. With a second pair of Seekins rings, it is basically the same. I’m going to rest here and be satisfied.

The rifle is a phenomenal shooter with two groups in the .4 moa range with factory Hornady match ammo.

The Primary Arms GLX is actually impressive as well for what it is.

Blessings,

BC

Reactions: Bluedog82
Installed a new barrel today. 24” heavy. Looks weird on a cross but I can’t wait to shoot it.

Attachments

• 1B6D32C9-740F-445B-A090-132E441A60E4.jpeg
    1B6D32C9-740F-445B-A090-132E441A60E4.jpeg
    449.8 KB · Views: 780
  • F99D8F04-FF2F-47C8-B12F-038ABC0ADE0F.jpeg
    F99D8F04-FF2F-47C8-B12F-038ABC0ADE0F.jpeg
    281.2 KB · Views: 560
  • EA4DAE17-6F21-4CF8-B6B4-24C338315BDE.jpeg
    EA4DAE17-6F21-4CF8-B6B4-24C338315BDE.jpeg
    566.7 KB · Views: 1,087
  • 452F3632-F967-4AE6-893B-260796B63DE8.jpeg
    452F3632-F967-4AE6-893B-260796B63DE8.jpeg
    576.7 KB · Views: 1,905
There was talk earlier they were hard to find or scavage, so just wondering how you sourced it and what wrench used etc.

Apologies if this is dumb Qs !

Reactions: M4guru
There was talk earlier they were hard to find or scavage, so just wondering how you sourced it and what wrench used etc.

I know there are people working on making aftermarket ones so they can send out complete barrels but I don't think any have hit the market. Dave Tooley had some OEM ones from Sig when the guns first came out.

I wasn't planning on using my .308 barrel so I had Mile High cannibalize the OEM one when I got mine rebarreled. Adam said it was a piece of cake.

Reactions: Helidriver

Mine is the original like M4’s. I used a DMPS AR wrench on the extension nut and a 12 point 1-1/6 box end wrench on the barrel nut. I ended up changing the barrel nut to a longer one to install the barrel the way I wanted to.

Like M4 said, it’s very easy if you understand how to headspace a bolt gun.

What does it weigh now? Where did you get the heavy steel barrel?
I don’t have a scale handy but she’s a porker. Especially with the Gen II on it. I’m less concerned with weight than I am length. This way I can fold the stock and it’s not too long for my pack.

The barrel is from International Barrels. This is pretty much a Tikka prefit barrel. The barrel nut I used is also for a Tikka prefit. Tikka and Sig use the same thread size, 1”x16 TPI.

Reactions: COTTON_00
So how do we get cross to be multi bbl? IE working at same time?

So how do we get cross to be multi bbl? Is SIG not providing support if you want eg 2 cals or profiles? IE working at same time?
In my opinion this is classic Sig. Promise the world and never fully deliver. Who knows when or if ever all of their hype over the Cross will ever come to fruition.

We may have to rely on the aftermarket. The issue there is that there is probably not enough of these rifles out there to support aftermarket efforts.

Reactions: Stoweit
So how do we get cross to be multi bbl? IE working at same time?

Textbook Sig move. If history is any indicator they’ll have OEM barrels but it will probably be for some Gen 2 gun that ours isn’t compatible with.

Reactions: Stoweit
I bought a Sig in .308 last year and I just couldn’t shoot well with over the counter ammo to less than 1” at 100 yards (I am spoiled with my 25-06 and 300wsm I guess) I tried Hornady, Remington, Winchester and PPU. 150gr. 165gr. 180gr.
During Thanksgiving weekend I got notified that IBI from Canada was running a sale on their barrels and I ordered one for the Sig, it’s a carbon 20”.
I had Karl Kampfelt here in Sandpoint ID install it for me.
I need to put the scope back on and can’t wait to try it, will report back.

Attachments

• 5CF12406-9ECB-4BFC-A681-BF974D7C08AD.jpeg
    5CF12406-9ECB-4BFC-A681-BF974D7C08AD.jpeg
    585.3 KB · Views: 311
  • 24A2D271-F363-41C3-9687-D27D8449917C.jpeg
    24A2D271-F363-41C3-9687-D27D8449917C.jpeg
    521.6 KB · Views: 295
I’m considering picking one up for hunting. Suggestions on the 6.5 vs .308 given short barrel? What lightweight scopes are people leveraging on this? I would like to keep it as light as possible while still having decent optics.

I've rotated a few on mine. My buddy has a nx8 on his and its nice. I had a Bushnell DMR2 as a testing scope and liked that package as well. Mine is used for a truck gun so smaller the better.

I think the Nightforce NXS 2.5-10X42 would be perfect, and use one on my main hunting rifle. Just for the price I just keep hoping for something a little better.

If ZCO decides to make a lighter hunting crossover I'll pick one up and move the NXS to the Sig.

I’m considering picking one up for hunting. Suggestions on the 6.5 vs .308 given short barrel? What lightweight scopes are people leveraging on this? I would like to keep it as light as possible while still having decent optics.

If you read some of my posts, my lightweight scope idea only worked if the scope had 20+ mils of windage. My alignment is so far off that many scope options didn’t work.

I hope nobody else has the same issues as me, because I had to go a totally different directions than planned.

When the rifle went back to Sig, they must have not paid any attention to the letter I wrote or the two conversations I had with people in CS. Sig stated everything was “acceptable” when they used their Tango 6 which had 23 mils of windage travel in a 34mm tube.

I have no desire to use a Tango 6 on a hunting rifle. My Razor LHT, which I intended to use, didn’t have enough windage to zero.

I settled on a PA 4-16 GLx. Around 23 oz and 23 mils of travel, which will work. I just didn’t want tactical knobs on this hunting rifle, but I can live with it.

I wish you well. As to calibers, I’m sure both will suffice no nicely. The 308 is actually lighter than the 6.5 if a few oz many much to you.

Blessings

For hunting at close to middle distances, I would probably vote for the .308. I mainly shoot targets to 1000 yards, so I picked up one in 6.5 CM.

The scope question has a lot of it depends to really answer. So I’ll just say I currently have a 3-15X42 Razor HD LHT scope on mine. It’s light weight, SFP and made in Japan.

I'm using the NF NXS 2.5-10x42. I tried a few different "lighter" scopes I had lying around and eventually bit the bullet and bought the NF. I think it's the perfect match for the gun.

Reactions: RideWest
I'm using the NF NXS 2.5-10x42. I tried a few different "lighter" scopes I had lying around and eventually bit the bullet and bought the NF. I think it's the perfect match for the gun.
I did briefly put on a NF 2.5-10x24 on it and thought it was a good match as well. At least at distances at 800 yards or less.

I only switched because I wanted greater magnification for the distances I planned on target shooting.

Vortex had not yet released the 4.5-22x50 FFP or I probably bought it, as it would be a better fit for my purpose.

I did briefly put on a NF 2.5-10x24 on it and thought it was a good match as well. At least at distances at 800 yards or less.

I only switched because I wanted greater magnification for the distances I planned on target shooting.

Vortex had not yet released the 4.5-22x50 FFP or I probably bought it, as it would be a better fit for my purpose.
That's pretty much exactly where I am with mine. My "real" purpose for the rifle is hunting shots out to 400 or so. At my place I have steel out to about 800 that I shoot just for fun, and that's about as far as I shoot the Cross on a regular basis.

I hope the rifles mentioned in the video come to market. I put a Swiss Arca rail on mine, but an option for a longer barrel and a PRS model would be nice.

Will you post the .stl on a site like Thingiverse so those of us with printers can print it? I've been meaning to design a copy of the Sig follower myself, but haven't had time.

I don’t have a scale handy but she’s a porker. Especially with the Gen II on it. I’m less concerned with weight than I am length. This way I can fold the stock and it’s not too long for my pack.

The barrel is from International Barrels. This is pretty much a Tikka prefit barrel. The barrel nut I used is also for a Tikka prefit. Tikka and Sig use the same thread size, 1”x16 TPI.

That's very interesting, so a Tikka barrel nut pre-fit and a standard barrel mated up to the cross barrel extension and fit under the receiver nut/handguard with no issue? Was it hard getting the barrel nut loose from the extension? I would really like to try a 7mm-08 or 7mm-08 AI barrel in my Cross (even .284?), maybe snagging a Tikka pre-fit would be the easy button. Something like Cross in .22 GT would probably bea hoot too.

Will you post the .stl on a site like Thingiverse so those of us with printers can print it? I've been meaning to design a copy of the Sig follower myself, but haven't had time.

That's very interesting, so a Tikka barrel nut pre-fit and a standard barrel mated up to the cross barrel extension and fit under the receiver nut/handguard with no issue? Was it hard getting the barrel nut loose from the extension? I would really like to try a 7mm-08 or 7mm-08 AI barrel in my Cross, maybe snagging a Tikka pre-fit would be the easy button. Something like Cross in .22 GT would probably bea hoot too.
Sorry man, been burned by that in the past.

That's very interesting, so a Tikka barrel nut pre-fit and a standard barrel mated up to the cross barrel extension and fit under the receiver nut/handguard with no issue? Was it hard getting the barrel nut loose from the extension? I would really like to try a 7mm-08 or 7mm-08 AI barrel in my Cross (even .284?), maybe snagging a Tikka pre-fit would be the easy button. Something like Cross in .22 GT would probably bea hoot too.
The nut from IBI fits however I ordered a barrel for the Cross from them. Looking at the specs I don’t see why a Tikka pre-fit won’t fit the Cross. I would call IBI to confirm that. I called them regarding the nut and they confirmed that theirs would fit. Getting the extension off was a piece of cake with a barrel vise.

Sorry man, been burned by that in the past.
How would you get burned, it's a copy of a Sig follower anyway? Do you ever print stuff you pulled off of Thingiverse for your own use? If so, somebody bothered to posted those .stl's up. I should be able to draw something up and get it posted at some point anyway I guess.

How'd you get burned? Do you ever print stuff you pulled off of Thingiverse for your own use? If so, somebody bothered to posted those .stl's up. I should be able to draw something up and get it posted at some point anyway I guess.
I got burned by putting it on there, then someone downloading it, and printing it for profit without changing a thing.

I love thingiverse and print off of there all the time. However I do not print anything off of there for profit.

Favor...
Can some with a 308 that shoots well with Hornady Match ELD bullets share your coal and cbto for a reference. I cant get anything but 150 SST to shoot well.
TIA.

I got burned by putting it on there, then someone downloading it, and printing it for profit without changing a thing.

I love thingiverse and print off of there all the time. However I do not print anything off of there for profit.
Any chance you could make some followers that fit the footprint of an AICS mag?

Any chance you could make some followers that fit the footprint of an AICS mag?
Any mag in particular? This one is for the Magpul AICS. I have an mdt and it looks stamped closed so I’m not sure if I can open it up to change out the follower🤷🏻‍♂️ I’ll look at it more though.

Reactions: wyliecoyote
Any mag in particular? This one is for the Magpul AICS. I have an mdt and it looks stamped closed so I’m not sure if I can open it up to change out the follower🤷🏻‍♂️ I’ll look at it more though.
AICS style metal mags come apart with the floor plate by sliding the floor plate forward. The follower and spring will come out through the bottom once removed

AICS style metal mags come apart with the floor plate by sliding the floor plate forward. The follower and spring will come out through the bottom once removed
I'll start working on it. I must have not looked at it too close. it looked like the bottom plate was going to be a pain to remove so I set it aside. I prefer these mags in my other rifles so I'll put it high on my list to dissect.

Can anyone share the torque values for the Cross barrel nut and barrel extension jam nut?

I received my Schnee's 6 creed barrel and would like to start stacking some hogs and dogs tomorrow.

Thanks in advance
Manual states 40ftlbs on the barrel nut. Didn't see anything about the jam nut. But I wouldn't hesitate to use 60+ on the jam nut.

Reactions: dzhitshard
I’m just about to get a SiG Cross up and running with 6.5 CM and was very drawn to the nice ramp on the follower supplied with the factory (PMAG) mag. Sounds like any AICS PMAG will do, but that ramped follower just seems to be the cat’s meow for slick feeding in all varieties of bullets and conditions, especially cold weather coyote hunting. New Mexico offers up a nice mix of both cold and dusty environs to test the best of rifles.

Damn, this is a fast updating thread, missed the discussion on torque specs for the barrel/fore end, standing by for info on this cool factory set up . . .

I’m just about to get a SiG Cross up and running with 6.5 CM and was very drawn to the nice ramp on the follower supplied with the factory (PMAG) mag. Sounds like any AICS PMAG will do, but that ramped follower just seems to be the cat’s meow for slick feeding in all varieties of bullets and conditions, especially cold weather coyote hunting. New Mexico offers up a nice mix of both cold and dusty environs to test the best of rifles.
The ramp serves pretty much one purpose and that is when you are single feeding a round. I run a mdt in mine without issues but if I single feed, it will not chamber.

Nice!
The ramp serves pretty much one purpose and that is when you are single feeding a round. I run a mdt in mine without issues but if I single feed, it will not chamber.
Nice! I’ve got plenty of MDT mags on hand and it’s good to know they’ll feed as well. The weight and balance characteristics of the Cross are very compelling. Sometimes yote hunting in my backyard involves lots of shoe leather express work, so very much a player. Be very interested in what sort of precision reach this rifle is capable of. A buddy and me have been deadly effective out to the 400ish mark recently with heavier set ups.

My AICS mags don’t feed smoothly right now. I haven’t worked in tuning any of them but also frustrating when doing load development and trying to single feed. Thinking an AICS follower would be the ticket.

Reactions: Drhorsepower