• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Sig CROSS

Hoping for the best = fast delivery. I'm not especially worried about issues.

I mean what's the worst case? Velcro in the magwell? :ROFLMAO:

I've seen velcro referenced a couple times--what's that about?

I bought one of these at Cabela's an hour ago, so the November delay seems unlikely. They only have 16" .308s but they're in stock on the shelves. Apparently Cabela's has an exclusive for the initial release of 1000 guns.

I bought one of these at Cabela's an hour ago, so the November delay seems unlikely. They only have 16" .308s but they're in stock on the shelves. Apparently Cabela's has an exclusive for the initial release of 1000 guns.

What are your initial thoughts?

Its light and ergonomic. I don’t find any feature particularly offensive. It’s not as “cool” as a Fix (which I love), but it’s 40% of the price and even if Sig fucked it up they’ll make it right.

My concerns are:

1: I’m 6-for-6 on new Sigs needing to go back for recalls

2. The aftermarket support from Sig might lag behind like the MCX, making its modularity less of a feature.

Its light and ergonomic. I don’t find any feature particularly offensive. It’s not as “cool” as a Fix (which I love), but it’s 40% of the price and even if Sig fucked it up they’ll make it right.

My concerns are:

2. The aftermarket support from Sig might lag behind like the MCX, making its modularity less of a feature.

How's the bolt travel? Does it feel loose or sloppy (I believe Jangly was the description I heard), any binding? Is the bolt lift reasonable (60 degree lifts can be stiff).

How's the trigger pull?

I saw that a few Cabela's around me were showing the .308s in stock, but I thought that might be a mistake. Did they mention getting any 6.5s? Did they have black and camo, or just black?

Reactions: deersniper
I spoke to my local Cabela’s yesterday...sounds like they are having some legal issues with the Cross in Michigan. We have some crazy laws on “rifles” needing to be over 26”, with the stock folded. The 308 is only 25”, so they can’t legally sell them as a rifle here as-is.

I’m hoping that doesn’t hold up the 6.5’s, which it shouldn’t since those are 27” folded...but Cabela’s is far from reasonable at most times (they still won’t carry auto-knives even though they’ve been legal here for 3 years).

I've talked to SIG. They're shipping both Black 6.5 and Black 308 in in good numbers now. The Fusion finish and .277 Fury is what's coming later this fall.

Reactions: deersniper
How's the bolt travel? Does it feel loose or sloppy (I believe Jangly was the description I heard), any binding? Is the bolt lift reasonable (60 degree lifts can be stiff).

How's the trigger pull?

I saw that a few Cabela's around me were showing the .308s in stock, but I thought that might be a mistake. Did they mention getting any 6.5s? Did they have black and camo, or just black?

Bolt lift isn't bad, lighter than my AI AXMC, slightly heavier than my Tikkas maybe? I've never been too sensitive to that but it isn't anything that would concern me. It isn't loose or sloppy enough for me to have noticed, no binding (which I loathe, I would have noticed).

Trigger pull is great, but I am again not super sensitive to triggers...I think it's about like my Tikka Tac A1 with the MT spring installed.
Cabela's only shows black 16" .308 guns, I believe that was the first production run and they bought them all. I have not seen any other places getting them in stock, or any other configurations at this time.

For those that remember the MCX release, it was a Cabela's exclusive for the first run also.

Last edited:
Bolt lift isn't bad, lighter than my AI AXMC, slightly heavier than my Tikkas maybe? I've never been too sensitive to that but it isn't anything that would concern me. It isn't loose or sloppy enough for me to have noticed, no binding (which I loathe, I would have noticed).

Trigger pull is great, but I am again not super sensitive to triggers...I think it's about like my Tikka Tac A1 with the MT spring installed.
Cabela's only shows black 16" .308 guns, I believe that was the first production run and they bought them all. I have not seen any other places getting them in stock, or any other configurations at this time.

For those that remember the MCX release, it was a Cabela's exclusive for the first run also.

Now you’re really making want to run up to my local cabelas and see if they have one. It’s 5 minutes from my house but most of the guys behind the counter are putzes.

I hope Sig makes this work well. I think it could be a new trend in hunting rifles

Yeah, Cabela's is pretty useless, especially after the Bass Pro buyout.

I didn't want to buy it from them, it's always a nightmare, but they're the only game in town for this rifle (today at least...)

This thing might fall apart, or not shoot, or blow up...I'm not sure. I love the ergonomics though, it's like a very fast-handling AR at this weight. 25" long when folded is cool too if I'm below the treeline and it's strapped to a pack.

I'll take it out early next week and see if I got the burger in the menu pictures or the burger from the bag.

My concerns are:

I'll have barrel extensions soon.
"Stay tuned for news", as Paul Harvey used to say.
I need to amend this. "Soon" being sometime in the next couple of ......

Last edited:

Good to hear, especially the part about binding, I too have an intense hate for binding bolts. I actually called my closest Cabela's because they show .308s in stock online, and the gun counter lady said they actually have one .308 on the shelf. I'm tempted to run over there and pick it up, but I think I'll hold out hope that the 6.5s will start showing up in the next week or so.

@M4guru

Any chance you could take some pics of your rifle, especially the bolt? I don't think I've really seen any close-ups yet. Also, does it still have the dust cover? I heard they were removing that feature, but I'd actually like it for keeping snow out of the action during late season.

Reactions: rydah
I will snap some when I get back to my office Monday, I'm out of town this weekend.

Dust cover is gone on mine...I would have liked the option also but I guess none of my other bolt guns have one and I've made it this far...

Reactions: Gtscotty
Couldn’t wait for my dealer...went to Cabela’s in FTW and picked one up.

Quick observations on “the fix” vs. the “Cross”
No full length top rail on the Cross, easy to flex.
I prefer the quick stock adjustments on the Cross, (if they stay in place long term. )
The butt pad and mount seem “flimsy” on the Cross. (Need to see what happens when “loaded” prone)
Bolt lift is actually lighter on the Cross(fix is 30x SN)but the larger knob on the Cross probably helps.

The the Fix “feels/looks” like a more refined version of the Cross....again quick obersvations. Haven’t shot the Cross yet, but I happy with it after fingerbanging it for 30 minutes.
My fix is a 17 inch 6.5 C, and the Cross is 308.
I plan on re-barreling the Cross to 7-08 AI ( uses AICS MAGS!)
FBE4853D-CF2E-4AA4-8D81-F83DCD807CFA.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pic - there have been so many pre release versions I know everybody has wondered exactly what the delivered rifles would look like.

Hate to hear that about the rail was hoping to mount an IR laser...

They are hitting the shelves. I handled one at the local Bass Pro and it does feel very "Q Fix-ish" and lightweight. $1,499

Is that when the Ammo is coming out or when they offer that cal in the cross?

thanks

Is that when the Ammo is coming out or when they offer that cal in the cross?

thanks
Word on the street is that the Fury version is delayed until November, with .308 on shelves now and 6.5CM imminent

Reactions: brianf
Thanks for the pic - there have been so many pre release versions I know everybody has wondered exactly what the delivered rifles would look like.

Hate to hear that about the rail was hoping to mount an IR laser...
I'm sure there will be bits of pic rail that you can mount anywhere you want.

Word on the street is that the Fury version is delayed until November, with .308 on shelves now and 6.5CM imminent

do you know if they are going to expand the high velocity line?

im guessing they will have to make new cartridge dimensions so you don’t load a “hot” one in a regular receiver

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Got home with it. Seems like a pretty good value for the cost. The stock seems much better than the prototype I had access to earlier in the year.

Like most modern Sigs it makes extensive use of MIM and cast parts. Not a concern when done properly, but it accounts for some of the difference in cost with the Fix.

The PMAG uses a proprietary follower made for the Cross to allow for loading a round through the ejection port.

I want to like it, hopefully it shoots. Ergonomically it is excellent.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 142
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    469.8 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
I know Dave Tooley said he’s just waiting for barrel extensions. Proof I would imagine will have one out ASAP also.

I’d like a Magnum bolt face for 6.5PRC. I agree on the lameness of the 0MOA rail, now I’ve got to buy a mount to get my cant instead of using the super light rings I had intended.

Yeah, probably not room there to grow that bolt face anymore.

View attachment 7394696View attachment 7394699View attachment 7394703
Got home with it. Seems like a pretty good value for the cost. The stock seems much better than the prototype I had access to earlier in the year.

Like most modern Sigs it makes extensive use of MIM and cast parts. Not a concern when done properly, but it accounts for some of the difference in cost with the Fix.

The PMAG uses a proprietary follower made for the Cross to allow for loading a round through the ejection port.

I want to like it, hopefully it shoots. Ergonomically it is excellent.

I guess I'm not getting whats up with the special mag follower, will it feed correctly from regular AICS mags? Is the round presentation from normal mags different in this gun vs other systems?

Reactions: CuTm
After spending about half an hour on hold with Sig CS, I was told that only .308s have shipped, and that there is no ETA for the 6.5s... I really prefer the 6.5, but I'm considering picking up a .308 to hunt this year then rebarreling to something better next year (previously mentioned 7mm-08 AI, loaded long and hot sounds pretty awesome).

Don't know how reliable this source is, but the article seems to suggest that the 6.5s are delayed along with the .277s.... something hazy about .gov contracts :rolleyes:

https://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/guns/sig-sauer-cross-rifle-now-shipping

I guess I'm not getting whats up with the special mag follower, will it feed correctly from regular AICS mags? Is the round presentation from normal mags different in this gun vs other systems?

Sig wanted a follower that functioned as a single-load sled when the mag was empty. It will feed fine from regular AICS mags.

Sig wanted a follower that functioned as a single-load sled when the mag was empty. It will feed fine from regular AICS mags.

Best thing about ARC mags.

Sure would be welcome addition to all of them.

Damn...if there’s no ETA on the 6.5, I may have to look elsewhere for this whitetail season, or just go back to my 6.5 Grendel.

I’m not opposed to the idea of the 308, and rebarrel later...actually, I kind of like that idea. Now to see if the guy I talked to about the legal issues with the length in Michigan was full of it or not

Damn...if there’s no ETA on the 6.5, I may have to look elsewhere for this whitetail season, or just go back to my 6.5 Grendel.

I’m not opposed to the idea of the 308, and rebarrel later...actually, I kind of like that idea. Now to see if the guy I talked to about the legal issues with the length in Michigan was full of it or not
Just tell them to stick an at least 1" brake on the muzzle. Done. Your rifle is suddenly long enough....

It would have to be pinned/welded prior to purchase, and that’s well beyond Cabelas “gunsmiths” abilities.

So you want to run a SAUM or WSM in a barrel with a 1" diameter threaded tenon? Think about that for a moment.

No, but until you told me what diameter the barrel tenon was I had about exactly zero idea what’s under that hand guard and barrel nut...

Reactions: DAVETOOLEY
Dave just curious as to your thoughts on the 277 Fury and what other actions do you feel would be strong enough to handle that round specifically do you think a AI-AX/AT would be strong enough?
I can't answer that question. Until it is SAAMI listed I don't know what the pressure specs are. Any action that is currently capable of running a WSM or SAUM safely should be good.

Reactions: Steel+Killer