• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Sig CROSS

Warne recommends a medium ring for 42-52mm, on their website. I’m running high Warne rings on my Cross with a 56mm Trijicon and there is 1/4” between the scope cover and the hand guard.

Anyone know where to purchase one? Gunbroker has them for like $1900, I understand supply and demand but paying $400 more for a box stock Sig is ridiculous, and puts the price too close to just buying a higher end rifle.

Last edited:
They’re buying them from box stores and marking them up most likely. I would imagine ordering from Sportsman’s is your best bet for the next couple months.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
Omg... i found one... in 6.5. I have zero use for a new caliber. I wish i did. I stood around a local store and the guy had no idea what a Cross was but said he thought he saw a Sig box in the back. He walked out minutes later with a box that said Cross. About killed me to see the caliber.

Reactions: JLP83
You should see if they will ship and then let someone here know so they can call in to buy it and have it sent to their FFL

Omg... i found one... in 6.5. I have zero use for a new caliber. I wish i did. I stood around a local store and the guy had no idea what a Cross was but said he thought he saw a Sig box in the back. He walked out minutes later with a box that said Cross. About killed me to see the caliber.

I also bet you could have bought it and then done a barrel swap with someone here that could only find a .308 one...

Just wanna say thanks to this guy. He gave me their info and I called the place and bought it. Guy on the phone said it was the only one they had.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Just wanna say thanks to this guy. He gave me their info and I called the place and bought it. Guy on the phone said it was the only one they had.

Well I'm glad it went to a good home. It hurt to not buy it. I mean, really hurt. I know what it is and how hard it is to find. If there were any way I could justify a new caliber, I'd have done it. I'm not a PRS shooter and never will be. To me, it is a practical rifle and I have so much M80 ammo that anything else just doesn't make sense. Enjoy it.

I'm sure it's been mentioned here somewhere but don't want to read the entire thread. Do these come with a pic rail for your bipod in the box or do I need to pick one up?

If anyone is interested Sportsman Warehouse in Columbia, SC has a Sig Cross in 308 on the shelf. I looked at it today. My 6.5 Cross is suppose to arrive tomorrow so I didn’t snap it up. Hope it helps someone out.
Good Luck

If anyone is interested Sportsman Warehouse in Columbia, SC has a Sig Cross in 308 on the shelf. I looked at it today. My 6.5 Cross is suppose to arrive tomorrow so I didn’t snap it up. Hope it helps someone out.
Good Luck

Really? That one was not in their web site at 3:00 today. There was one in WV and I bought it. Gotta drive 200 miles but you do what you gotta do.

I know. I’ve looked on their website multiple times and it hasn’t been on it but the rifle has been at the store all week they said and I know it’s there as I held it. You may just have to call them.
Good Luck

Reactions: cliffy110
I'm sure it's been mentioned here somewhere but don't want to read the entire thread. Do these come with a pic rail for your bipod in the box or do I need to pick one up?
You'll have to grab one. No Mlok attachments were in my box. Added an Mlok stud for my bipod and a QD sling attachment point on the side of the rail (both magpul).

Good Luck

Thanks but not there as of 10:38 est...

I'm picking mine up on Wednesday so I'm about to order some magazines and just want to make sure I understand this correctly. The AICS short from PMag will work just like the factory mag except it doesn't have a modified floorplate that allows for easier top loading. Do I have that right? No other differences to worry about?

I'm taking a Randy Cain practical rifle class next month and had planned on using my Steyr Scout but I think I'll use the Cross if I can get the mags.

The standard Magpul AICS short action mags work well.

I would however like to find out where to get more mags with that modified follower or buy the modified follower.

SIG says to contact Magpul directly, as they have no info on it right now.
I called them last week and they were so confused, even by the color description of the followers, all they could say was the "brown" followers were the most current they could sell me, not the yellow ones with the raised tip that came with the rifle.

My local gun store has had three .308 and five 6.5cm on order for over a month.

I'm on the list for a .308 but they have no idea whatsoever when they will arrive.

At this point I'm hoping they come in before my birthday in January...

What tactical carry case does the forum recommend? I have my rifle gratefully/ scope arrives tomorrow. I have it in a Savier short case and am disappointed with the inside and outside dimensions. No space for mags or a place for the suppressor easily. So, 26.75" folded with the Surefire adapter on. I'm grateful for any suggestions. BTW, it shoots well with Federal 168 gr, HPBT at 100 yards and a borrows Burris scope from another rifle.

Thanks to the forum in advance.

Jeff in Boring, OR (the cosmic joke)

What tactical carry case does the forum recommend? I have my rifle gratefully/ scope arrives tomorrow. I have it in a Savier short case and am disappointed with the inside and outside dimensions. No space for mags or a place for the suppressor easily. So, 26.75" folded with the Surefire adapter on. I'm grateful for any suggestions. BTW, it shoots well with Federal 168 gr, HPBT at 100 yards and a borrows Burris scope from another rifle.

Thanks to the forum in advance.

Jeff in Boring, OR (the cosmic joke)

It's really hard to go wrong with the Tactical Operations Small Drag Bag

Take a look at this thread:

If you want one, you might consider PMing @MikeRTacOps and see if he has any left in stock

Finally got mine in yesterday. Really impressed with the rifle so far, but still need to do some shooting obviously to formulate a real opinion.

I think I have a larue soft case that my fix fit in really nicely so I’ll try that out tonight and post pics.

D0312B31-2336-4420-A1BF-14CE88F85A26.jpeg

Last edited:
Don't worry SigUSA will SigUSA over time.

Just like all the other products they come out with that people lust over, the end user will be the beta tester, they will come out with more revisions to fix deficiencies that should have been sorted out in per-production and their batch to batch quality will be all over the place.

It is a rinse and repeat strategy from SIGUSA going back to the late 90's. I can name about 15 products off the top of my head that went down this route, with most of them no longer produced or supported.

Sig gets their money and the customer moves on to something else/better. Then they get pulled into the same trap a few years later be i a P2XX series, P320, 55X series, 516/716, M400, MCX, 365, 250, ect ect ect.

The only constant with SigUSA is inconstancy. The Real Sig Saur AG and its subsidiaries in Germany and Switzerland are in a whole different league.
This post is so true and hits home. I admit i have been a Sig Beta tester for years. I keep coming back like an abused spouse. Started with Gen 1 MCX to the 365. Sig releases firearms like software companies release software. I hope to learn someday...I'm on 365 #3 and it still has problems.

Shot the cross over the weekend, recoil is more tha. I would want, but I understand with it’s weight

When it's a 6.5 pound rifle as compared to a lot of folks are shooting 20 to 30 pound rifles with the same caliber....
Yeah it’s expected... I feel it fits the role of a hunting gun where you have to hike more than you do shoot, where follow up shots aren’t as necessary IMO... every gun has a purpose

Picked mine up today at Sportsman's Warehouse in Morgantown WV. They had at least two more in stock when i got there but one sold as I finished my paperwork.

Picked one of these up. Hopefully it shoots well. The folder has a little play when unfolded. Might need to send it back for repair. Bolt isnt super smooth but its brand new. Feels like a cheap ar15 bolt in a new ruger 556 right now. Love how lightweight it is, mainly the reason I got it.

Saw one on a rack in the Huntsville, Al Cabela's yesterday if someone is looking.

Finally got to check one out in person at the pro shop a few days ago. Kinda have mixed feelings about them love the fact that you could fit it in a backpack for backcountry but two of the three stocks had a little jiggle at the folding point at that price point I would expect more. On the good side all actions were butter smooth. Pro shop said there not sure when they would be back in stock all they had were for display only.forgot to mention trigger was not the best pretty creepy not crisp

I haven't shot mine yet, but I'll share a couple of observations.

1. The trigger is amazing. It is not quite to the level of my Steyr Scout but it is close. It came from the factory at 2.25 pounds on my Timney scale. It is crisp and little to no creep. Lock time is faster than a Remington but not as fast as the Steyr.

2. Bolt lift is easy and smooth.

3. I love the stock. Yes, it is a little tricky to fold but once you figure it out, it isn't bad. Being able to adjust it in so many ways is eye opening. My scope is mounted VERY low and the check piece wasn't allowing my face low enough without really scrunching down. I moved the butt pad three clicks down and it suddenly felt like a totally different rifle. I almost can't mount it wrong!

4. Bolt closing... that's another matter. When run to the rear, it binds. I can force it forward if I'm running it hard and fast but it definitely binds. I'm hoping it will wear itself in. It feels like it is the locking lugs catching on the rear of the receiver raceway. We will have to see how this develops.

5. Weight is 6 pounds, 10.4 ounces before adding anything... and I'm adding things. I'll update as I get the sling and everything else on it. It will be under 10 pounds including the Rugged Micro 30 suppressor but I'm not sure yet how much under. It is a LOT heavier than I'm used to but much of that is the 21 ounce Sig BDX scope.

Finally got to check one out in person at the pro shop a few days ago. Kinda have mixed feelings about them love the fact that you could fit it in a backpack for backcountry but two of the three stocks had a little jiggle at the folding point at that price point I would expect more. On the good side all actions were butter smooth. Pro shop said there not sure when they would be back in stock all they had were for display only.forgot to mention trigger was not the best pretty creepy not crisp

I just got mine out since reading this, and I'd really have to disagree on the trigger creep. It's a two stage so it has take up but its a wall at the second stage until it lets go. Definitely no creep at all on the second stage. Take up and creep are different animals.

I just got mine out since reading this, and I'd really have to disagree on the trigger creep. It's a two stage so it has take up but its a wall at the second stage until it lets go. Definitely no creep at all on the second stage. Take up and creep are different animals.

I have a little bit of creep in the second stage but not enough to bother me. My AIAE has a similar amount of creep. Both very slight, very predictable, and not a problem for me personally. I like the short take up and weight... overall I think it is a good trigger.

ETA:

I have no play in my stock when it is extended. There is some play when it is folded but once it is locked out, it is as solid as any folder I have dealt with.

I am also very happy with the action. I get no binding whatsoever. Once I added a little lubrication and cycled it some, it became really smooth and slick. Better than my Origin, better than my DTA (that’s a whole different animal, I understand), better than my bergara, and honestly pretty much on par with the AI in terms of feel. So far, the only thing I would change is putting a 3 position safety on it so you can have the bolt locked with the stock extended. The safety itself is a little mushy but that’s ok since I’m not looking for an overly positive click on a hunting rifle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snafu_again
All 3 that I was able to handle had movement in the locking piece for the folder when extended. It was noticeable and not anywhere as tight as a galil ace folder.
That's my biggest complaint right now.

All 3 that I was able to handle had movement in the locking piece for the folder when extended. It was noticeable and not anywhere as tight as a galil ace folder.

Is this up and down movement or side to side?

Agree with this 100%. My 6.5 showed up today and the stock has quite of bit of wiggle. Not the end of the world but it bugs me.

Reactions: T-TurtleWang